Cannot interact in Detroxxulous, the Plaguelands

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Leeroy, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

My inquisitor has done some questing in various zones. I had a quest from that iksar, "Pathosis Less Traveled". I went there and lo and behold, the mobs had no nameplates. Dr. Arcana had a feather but no nameplate. I can see his chat in the chat window but no interactive bubble pops up, so I cannot get his quest.

I tried various things: delete darqui, try without. Validate game files. Delete pathosis quest. Delete some game files and redownload. Nothing helps. I've got a ticket submitted but it's vacation week for daybreak.

Any ideas?
  2. Uerdane New Member

I'm having this exact issue. If anyone has ideas, I would love hearing them. Obviously a bugged zone.
  3. Ahvee New Member

This sounds like what happened to me in beta.
    Try dropping your graphic settings.
    I thought I wrote down which setting it was that was interfering.. can't recall at the moment, sorry.
    I hope this helps! Happy questing! :)
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Did you ever do a computer reboot, Leeroy? I'd try zoning back to Myrist, shutting down the game, then rebooting. If that doesn't help, then you may be stuck waiting for the CSRs.
  5. Solana New Member

Turn off sun rays, or whatever it's called in graphics settings when advanced mode is activated. It's that exact setting that is causing the issue. It will also cause problems in zones where it is raining (the airborne spores in Detrox count as rain).
  6. Marilia Active Member

Sorry to necro an old topic, but I'm having this same issue. and searching wasn't bringing up any other results. I returned to the game in July, and my first time in Detroxxulous, I'm having this exact same issue.

I've done all of the things that were suggested/tried above to no avail. I even brought a different character into the zone to see if they had the same issue using Dr. Arcana to see if I could get his quest, I couldn't. I can see the feather over his head, but the pop-up chat windows to accept the quest do not show up and not even clicking randomly where they might be doesn't help. I've zoomed way in and way out, and nothing. I've turned off sun rays/shafts, rebooted the computer, deleted custom UI files, reset things to the default UI, deleted character ini files, nothing seems to work. It's just this zone this is happening in, I can get quests and see NPC nameplates in other zones, even zones where it's raining. But not Detroxxulous.

I'm trying to do the Tradeskill quests involving this zone so I'm kinda stuck until I can actually interact with the npc there.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I would suggest actually opening a support ticket, and put it in the "stuck" category.
  8. Marilia Active Member

I had an old laptop laying around so I installed the game on it. No issues at all on the laptop. Since I have no plans to ever step foot in that zone again, I'm not gonna bother contacting customer support. It's obviously a graphical issue on my end (with my main computer) so I doubt they could help anyway.