Cannot decide between a monk or swashbuckler which is more versatile?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-jay777, Nov 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-jay777 Guest

Title pretty much covers it all so far monk seems straight foward but I hear they can do many things later, also what weapons look good on swashys? Foil weapons?

Thanks everyone.
  2. ARCHIVED-Klerico Guest

3. ARCHIVED-jay777 Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Protectour Guest

I can say a few things about the Monk.

I plaid mine to his 50s and after constant retooling and equipment swaping I concluded that most of what ppl are saying about them is true.
    They are Good tanks (Not the best)
    They are not suposed to try to be a DPS class. (Seams it's common beleif that one is wasting his time by trying to master this)
  5. ARCHIVED-Arek Guest

I would agree with Protectour.

Unless you are in an end game guild, and they need a monk you will be disappointed. My monk was my main pretty much since I started playing (90, 250AA). He is group geared and aug/adorned out. I can tank the easy mark zones with a decent healer (library, db, conservatory...etc), other than that..no way. DPS wise monks are bottom of the barrell. Depending on the zone I can parse really high with crane flock, but other than that if someone is looking to fill a DPS spot in a group you are going to be out of luck.

Want to farm shiny's? Then a monk is for you. Or want to save the group from potential wipe? You can do this with a monk if the main tank goes down and you pull out your Oh Sh*t buffs, but it really doesnt happen much.

It's funny though I decided to roll up a swah since there were none in my guild, and I'm having fun with him. I'm only 87 on my swash with 110ish AA and already closing the DPS gap between between him and the monk. I cant imagine what kind of DPS ill be putting out with full legenday+ and a hundred more AA.
    If you want to play by yourself, then Monk. If you want people to pick you for groups (considering you don't suck) then I would go swash... and did.
  6. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

jay777 wrote:
    I prefer dual Katanas, (Blade of the Darktalon), though various Rapiers, and axes are cool too. And ghoul fists... frog swash with ghoul fists looks creepy.