Cannot connect to a Login Server

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tylia, Oct 17, 2013.

1. OnlyMe Member

Pretty hopeless, half a raid in the zone (after 15 mins of zoning) and the rest who can't get back in. As usual its UK primetime and not an SOE rep to be seen. Rubbish.
  2. vlada Active Member

just an fyi to uk/eu players...SOE employees don't work on weekends.meanwhile the launchpad remains broken. I cannot use it to log onto a live server and cannot access beta at all. 3 days and counting.
  3. Gigglezzz Member

same problem vlada, still cant connect to the patch server. Launchpad is jacked up for me. 3 days and counting and no fix or response. This is bad.
  4. Edel Member

Pillar of flame doesn't exist on storms
  5. Sunje Active Member

OK SOE we have this problem now since 3 f... days, what do you think about a fix or something???
  6. Loric Member

Same here. We abandoned our raid after spending 30 mins trying to zone into arena. [Edit: On Splitpaw, I should say].
  7. Sunje Active Member

Now i'm ingame twice and cant get into a group... whats now SOE?
  8. Jerrad New Member

I had this same issue on US servers. It appears that it is being caused by a bad fragment of code which corrupts the Win7 stack. I am not sure if this is EQ2 code or just the interaction of this code with Win7. In my case this was validated by running tracert <EQ2 patch server IP> (in my case 64.37.129.35). If you get a "General error" response then you have the same issue I had.

I had also opened a ticket with Sony but it had the generic ID10T response of reset the IE settings (to a very unsecure config) and reboot the router. I have a second system with EQ2 on it so I ws able to quickly validate that the issue was my main gaming system and that the router was not an issue. I disabled my AV and FW software as well with no affect.

What I believe finally fixed it was as follows:

Open a command prompt window in Administrator mode (Start->cmd in the "Search programs and files" area with ctrl-shft-enter to open it in Admin mode).
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /registerdns
    open C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file in write mode (I used wordpad in Admin mode as defined above with cmd) and commented out sony and patch server values I added due to a previous outage.
    Reboot

Hope this works for you.
    Lolase likes this.
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

This problem seems to have begun after the last update, which makes it seem to be an SOE problem with its EU interface.

I am based in the US and am not experiencing this problem with Freeport, it is only affecting Splitpaw.

LOL This has gone on so long that I am beginning to think some government's spy agency is routing EU servers through its system.
  10. Aleksis Member

It's not only affecting Splitpaw. On Valor it's the same since Friday.... 10 min of zoning, it stucks everytime by "zoneinformations are loading" (or whatever this step is called on english speaking servers) and if you dont wait on this step for couple of minutes and close EQ2, than you can't log in for almost half an hour because "the server is locked"... And then the huge lag but this isn't really new for SOE/EQ2 so this doesnt really matter.
    But so it isnt really funny to raid (its almost unpossible) and its not funny to do the moonlight enchantments because of the zoning into the next zone.
    But we have something to laugh about because some people stand right in front of its own toon and you guess wich one is the real one :D

Ohh and the broker doenst work really good. It takes almost 5 min if you have the bought item in your inventory. And on Valor there doenst exist Feerrott, The Bonemire and the Isle of Mara any more XD Good bye to this zones, it was nice with you :D
    Tariya likes this.
  11. Thorgald New Member

You know, that wouldn't surprise me one bit. :)

anyway back on topic, i lost about 2 - 4 hours of progression last night. I was in Halaa when the zone went **** up and all the NPC's + mobs vanished, i zoned out and started leveling as usual. Logged back in this morning and i'd lost ALL the xp i gained the night before and was parked in Halaa again. all the quests i'd done were still done and the quest rewards were still in my bags. But the time i spent leveling last night were pretty much a waste of time.

/edit: HEY GUESS WHAT? MY XP IS ROLLED BACK AGAIN!!!
  12. Faydh New Member

I got 12 toons i shift between every day.
    Freezing up or getting kicked between every single switz is starting to feel like a perfect waste of time.
  13. Tariya Active Member

Dear SOE hamsters ;) ,

playing the game was impossible for me (server Valor) the whole weekend.
    Since friday waiting for zoning lasts 5-10 minutes, after loading zone server for
    such a long time I came out in my starting zone (f.e. the guild hall) and broker,
    banker, mail told me that I'm too busy to interact with them. Standing around
    and thinking what to do now, I was thrown to character select, there I was told
    that server is offline and only 4 (of my ~ 25) chars were shown ... leaving game ...
    trying to reconnect ... error "it's not your fault" ... once more same procedure ...
    happily feeling when I entered game ... trying to leave the guild hall ... waiting ...
    waiting ... waiting ... landing in ... guild hall. Camping always ended at the char
    select ... 4 chars available, server not available ... retry ... retry ... resignation.

I love Norrath and I love weekends and I also love the Moonlight Enchantments,
    but the last weekend was strange and filled with waiting, resignation and tv. :confused:

I hope very much, you'll be able to fix this unplayable mode very sooooon.

Sincerely yours
    Tariya
  14. woolfman3000 Member

WTH is going on sort it plz this is madness we pay for this and not able to get or stay in game if i zone i get stuck if i change char i get stuck and kicked !!!!!!
  15. Minnimi New Member

Pay for nothing. Since friday there is the real halloween madnes on Valor....no zoning, only four chars, the broker system dosnt work ......10 minutes to wait if you log to another char, than kick, relog, valor offline....Narffffffff
  16. Minnimi New Member

Pay for nothing. Since friday there is the real halloween madnes on Valor....no zoning, only four chars, the broker system dosnt work ......10 minutes to wait if you log to another char, than kick, relog, valor offline....Narffffffff
  17. Lolase New Member

Jerrad this worked for me

Thanks
  18. Enogar New Member

I've reported it to RadarX, same thing on Splitpaw. Should be fixed soon :)
  19. Kirana New Member

Well Sony...still thinking letting Pro7 run your EU servers was a good idea???
  20. Kitty Rocca New Member

Pro7 doesn't run the servers, they only run accounts and customer support.