Cannot Access Characters/Returning Player

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Valsharess, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Valsharess New Member

Hello there.

I bought this game when it first came out with the collectors edition metal box and the dragon pet.

Now it seems my characters are all gone. I had also spent extra money on special mounts and such.

I was on the "Befallen" server but now they do not exist. I have submitted a ticket but now it's going on 7 hours. Back in the day I had GM's come see me in person but I guess that was the good old days.

I also lost my house with all my rare stuff/items and old school items as well.

I need this fixed and I need help.

Please GM's? Contact me at

Thanks.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Were I you, I would remove the email address from a public forum post. Also, this forum is for players to assist other players - a support ticket is the best way to get help. As it has been such a long time with no response, try resending the original with a message along the lines of "I'm a real person and I need assistance" as they do get a lot of bots etc.

There have been many server merges over the years, and Befallen has been merged into others. I don't think they've had a character wipe since they went Free 2 Play, but your character names may now have a z or x or several attached to the end of their names - try signing in to launch the launchpad, but don't select a character. Also, check that you are in the correct region - US or EU. If you are signing into the wrong region, your characters won't show up. You can do this by checking the region in the lower left hand corner of the launchpad - click it to change to the correct region if it is incorrect.

Best of luck!
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  3. Valsharess New Member

Yeah. I tried to delete/edit my post and remove my email but it wont let me
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

They haven't ever deleted any characters that were higher than level 10 or had more than 1pp to my knowledge. And the last time they did that was many many years ago. Like when Grobb merged into Everfrost years ago.

After the last round of mergers, many people had to delete the logincache-us (or eu) files from their eq2 installation and repatch to make things show up properly. I don't know that it would affect anyone with a fresh install or not.

I hope you get an answer from your support ticket if the suggestions here don't work.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Valsharess New Member

Hi there Lady Finora.

I have taken your advice and I have deleted those files and repatched. It did not work at all. Thanks for trying though.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I've sent a message and asked that the forum moderators remove it for you. There is only a half-hour window to edit posts in this forum.
    Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ok, shut down the launchpad, delete both your log in cache US and your log in cache EU, reload the launch pad, let it run all the way to the character select screen, this should repopulate your characters onto the correct server.

Another weird thing that people have said works if the above does not work, is to hit the up and down arrow multiple times and their characters appear, no idea why.

I think I also read that someone created a level 1 character and viola' the rest of their characters appeared.

Another thing you can try, is to send a private forum message to Roxxlyy and ask politely if she will forward your issue to the appropriate people so they can help you as soon as possible.

Welcome back to Norrath, good luck, I hope they resolve your issue quickly, and enjoy your journey.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Valsharess New Member

yeah didn't work. I paged that lady as you suggested. I'm just now waiting

Thanks Miss
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You are welcome, I hope they can help you and quickly.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Valsharess, if your characters were on Befallen, they would now be on Maj'Dul. Befallen got merged into Oasis, and then later Oasis got merged into Maj'Dul.

Check to see if you might have created a different account with the same email address. Sometimes someone will come back and wonder where their characters were, and it will turn out that they had two accounts but had forgotten about one. It's easy for something like that to happen, particularly if a number of years have passed since you've played.

No characters have been deleted for a very long time. Some might have been renamed if they were inactive for a while, but none were deleted.

As Rhodris said, a support ticket is your best bet. Just make sure to resubmit the ticket within 24 hours, so that they know there's a real person asking the question.

Good luck! I hope you're able to find your characters so you can play again.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, I neglected to mention that when you file a support ticket, do not wait for an email, about 2 hours after you file the ticket, begin updating it periodically with even things as simple as I am a real human and I require real assistance. GM Violetann and Senior GM Torchwick are outstanding and will do everything they can to assist you!!
    Rhodris and Breanna like this.