Cannot Reproduce Candy Trader Missing on Thurgadin

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Almee, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I tried to turn in candy, for candy corn, and the guy is missing in Halas and Gorowyn. Tried with two different accounts and both were AWOL as of 2:30pm edt, on the Thurgadin server.
    Dude likes this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

He appears to be where he's supposed to be in Gorowyn and there's no listing for him to actually exist in Halas.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Grabby Gigglegibber is in the crafting area of Halas.
    Breanna and Doobius40504 like this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

Thanks, Dude. I just ran over there and he's all present and correct.
    Dude likes this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

I know where he is supposed to be but I couldn't find him on Thurgadin. I didn't have any problems on Public Test or Maj'Dul. I didn't know if he was MIA or a glitch occurred when the program updated so I asked in General for help. Someone answered and was even kind enough to come to the area where he is located, in W. Freeport, and he was there so I knew it was the update. I logged out, validated, and he appeared when I logged back in.

I'm not sure how or why the program didn't check to see that the update had downloaded and installed correctly. Maybe that check was overlooked on the current update. Anyway, all copies are working correctly now--at least as far as the NoTD goblin is concerned.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

Yesterday, after the update, the goblin was missing on Maj'Dul. I haven't logged into Thurgadin or Public Test to see if I have to validate those versions also. It took an hour to validate Maj'Dul, today. I wasn't a happy camper.

I just tried Thurgadin and Public Test. The goblin is missing on both even though the program says all files are up to date.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Have you tried using /target Grabby
    This seems to just be your issue, rather than the game in general.
    In areas where NPC's sit idle for too long, occasionally they slip out of view (below the surface) but I haven't seen that issue in quite some time. so use /target Grabby and hit the H key to hail if you are able to target him.

He shows up on my track and iI see him fine on Test server in Halas. Have you tried other city locations on Test?

Maybe it's time for a fresh install of the game?
    Xianthia likes this.
  8. Komatus Well-Known Member

He ate too much candy and had to be rushed to the local medical center...:D
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

I just did a new install on a new computer running Win 10 and I'm ready to tear my hair out. I got Grabby but the program is so unstable that it keeps popping off. So far I have wasted almost the entire day trying to turn in candy. So I'm back on my old computer and will try the /target Grabby as the problems seems to be a glitch when changing versions of the program.
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

Thank you, Kuulei. Your suggestion worked. Maybe next year changing game versions won't cause Grabby to disappear.