Candy Crusher Guide - NotD 2014

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Cuteypie, Oct 7, 2014.

1. mouser Well-Known Member

What's bugged with Pumpkin Pulper? I haven't heard anyone having problems with it.

Edit: Unless you mean being able to throw them at your merc.
    I can see them fixing that so it needs to be a 2nd player.
  2. Tarnorili Member

Been after it a long time and still no luck finding any Taffy. Anyone been able to find some on something else other than Devourers? Cause they sure seem to have lost their sweet tooth.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

Very nice guide...thank you for creating it.

I have had troubles with some of the candies not updating for my brigand as well, but had another ticket submitted which was more important, so I just kind of let things go and posted a thread in the bug forums instead. I have been quite busy with irl and doing the beta tradeskill quests, however, so haven't had time to check her lately and see if it will update now. I know I traded all the looted candies into candy corns, a few times over, though, and her achievement still did not update, so I guess I will just need to try again and if it still doesn't update, put in a ticket for this.

Maybe I can actually play again in a day or so, though at the rate this full download is taking, I'm hoping it's done before SOE pulls everything down Monday morning for updates, as I would hate to have to start another two day download going again back from the beginning.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks for this guide. I completed the achievement for Candy crusher by following it. :D
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

I found them stingy also but eventually one of them coughed up a taffy.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

Well, my download is complete and I was able to get in game and finish this up. All except marshmallows updated. I did not have any in my inventory when I started, so no idea why it didn't update. Ticket submitted, as it's the last item I need updated to complete this achievement. :D
  7. Shiba Active Member

I made a chart for fellow people with no life, but I'm not sure how to insert the HTML

HTML:
    <iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kocLtyByOfBuMQQ2VhInYov8ZSnv7VMP5297SkW_KnI/pubhtml?gid=453424873&amp;single=true&amp;widget=true&amp;headers=false"></iframe>
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

I hit Commonlands first, for Bats (Gumdrops), Scorpions (Chocolate Bar), Spiders (Licorice Rope), Snakes (Caramel), all fairly close to Freeport. Then headed towards Crossroads to get Wolves (Cupcake), and from there headed NW past the Nomad Camp, to find the Shadowed Men whom you need to defeat in order to bring up the portal to the Obelisk of Lost Souls.

The Obelisk of Lost Souls is a great place to fulfill a lot of this achievement. Outside the structure you have your Shadowed Men (Licorice Candy) and Nightblood's (Red Licorice). Inside the structure, on the first level you have Shades aka Spinechillers (Popcorn Ball). Second level you have more Shadowed Men, Zombies (Gummy Worms), Skeletons (Peanut Brittle), and a few Lamia (Green Chocolate Button), then the third level you have a full room of Lamia, if you didn't get your candy from them before you got that far.

Headed to Sinking Sands to get Mummies (Cotton Candy), then next, to Nektulos. You could do the Hedge Hollow first if you wanted to get Harpy, Scarecrow, Werewolf, and Zombie out of the way, but I hit the castle area for Patchwork Men aka Golems (Nutty Chocolate Bar) and Gargoyles (Jawbreaker), then headed south to the D'Abth Bridge, headed up river for Mist Grinnins aka Goblins (Chocolate Buttons). Using the Spire Portal, I hopped over to Enchanted Lands, then headed East to the Druid Ring (very short distance), hopped over to Jarsath Wastes to get Devourer's (Taffy). Hit the druid ring and went to Steamfont, headed N/NW to get Harpies (Fruit Flavored Hard Candies), then headed back to the druid ring and hopped over to Loping Plains.

From the Steamfont Station I took the mount to the Lesser Faydark Station, clear across the zone and began my hunt in Loping Plains from there. First I hit Mistmoore Castle area, and got a Stoneskin Gargoyle (Candy Corn), headed east towards the spire portal, but dropped into the Wolf's Maw below the West Overlook Tower to get Werewolves (Were Cupcake). Headed back up towards the spire portal and killed Gorgers (Cherry Gumdrops) along the way. Just before the spire portal I came to my first patch of Gremlins (Gum Balls). Just NE of the spire portal is the Long Draw Overlook Tower, where you'll find Redbeard Ghosts (Marshmallow - I had no luck getting this to drop from them so I went to Antonica instead). Headed SW to the Breathless Hollow for a Vengeful Spirit aka Spectre's (Fudge). Headed to Somborn and entered the Haunted Mansion to get Vampires (Chewing Gum).

South to druid portal to Antonica. Straight up the incline to the west right there at the spire portal, to get a Cal'torsis Cleric aka ghost (Marshmallow). Flew south to the McQuibble Farm to get Scarecrows (Lollipop), and that completed my hunt. There are a total of 26 candies, not 28 (I think the OP just made a typo or counted wrong). :)

Edit: appears I missed Rats (Jelly Beans), so headed to Qeynos to get these. (Mistakenly thought I had gotten them in Commonlands).
    Shiba likes this.