Can you upgrade an expansion?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-mappam, Dec 18, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-mappam Guest

I bought the standard version of AoD and would like to upgrade it to collector edition.
    Is this possible? I can't find anything on this subject and don't need to "rebuy" as I have already gotten the standard copy loaded.
    Thanks for any info or links that will help me.
  2. ARCHIVED-Elspith Guest

You might want to call Customer Service on Monday, I am sure they can help you :). Petition will not work because GM's do not handle account issues.
  3. ARCHIVED-sommer33 Guest

You might want to mention that there was an option to 'upgrade' to the AoD CE on www.everquest2.com.
    I purchased it myself the day after AoD went live. In checking just now , I see that the upgrade option has been removed.
    This is how it currently how it reads on everquest2.com
    Standard Edition:
    $39.99
    or
    Collector's Edition:
    $89.99
    or

Previously there was a middle option that allowed you to upgrade for $50.00
  4. ARCHIVED-mappam Guest

Thanks for the info - I also looked and couldn't find any option to upgrade. I may have to talk to Customer Support = Thanks again both of you for the replies and info.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rlh001 Guest

I've contacted Customer Service five or so times on this, starting before AOD released. (As a Platinum member I was hoping to upgrade when it was still $59.99.)
    On separate occasions, I was told: there will be no option to upgrade; there will be an option to upgrade after Release Day for $19.99 (told this twice); and there will be an option soon (without knowing a price - this on Dec. 14.).
    If SOE has made a decision on this point, they are not effectively sharing it with the people at customer service. But, if anyone has more updated news, please post it.
  6. ARCHIVED-mappam Guest

Rlh that would be good news if they offered this as a option again. Seems silly NOT to offer it! As it is more money in their pocket.
    Thanks for the update - I will continue to watch and see if they do offer an upgrade.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rlh001 Guest

Here is the current "official" word on the topic from Lyman Tuttle (meshed in with my request to allow Platinum Members and FanFaire members the ability to access the pre-launch price):
    (To be clear, I never though Mr. Tuttle had the ability to change the price of the CE. I did think (hope) that he had the resources to send this up the chain to someone who might, in case they had not considered, or perhapsoverlooked, the specific situation concerning Platinum and FanFaire member - my fingers are corssed that he did just that.)
    Mr. Tuttle:
    Hello,
    There is, or at least will be an upgrade option to upgrade from the Standard edition to the collectors edition. It is $50 though as the Standard is $39.99 and Collectors is $89.99 so
    the $50 would be the difference in price. It looks like this has been taken down temporarily while they correct some issues with the purchase flow but it should be purchasable again shortly. If you have any further questions please let me know.
    Regards,
    Lyman Tuttle
    Senior Accounts Administrator
    My Request:
    Mr. Tuttle: In reply to your email, copied below, I ask that SOE please consider, perhaps for a limited time, allowing Platinum and FanFaire attendees to upgrade to the AOD Collectors Edition for $19.99 - the difference in cost prior to release, since, given the option, it appears many would have done so.
    Numerous calls to Customer Service regarding the upgrade to the CE have produced a number of conflicting answers - this appears to hold true for others on the Forums as well. In my calls to Customer
    Service, starting prior to AOD release, I was told: 1) there would not be an upgrade option for AOD CE (no price noted); 2) there would be an option, soon after release, for $19.99; that, again, 3) there would be no upgrade option and that I would have to pay $89 for the CE; 4)that there would be an upgrade option, soon, but no price was determined; and, now by you, 5) that yes upgrading to CE will be possible, for $50.
    The question, directly, is what of the Platinum Members and the attendees of FanFaire
    who received AOD for free. At least a number of us began calling Customer Service before AOD released, requesting the option for an upgrade (when the collectors price was $59.99). As you can imagine, Platinum Members and those that take the time, cost, and effort to attend FanFaire are amongst you most loyal and long-lived customers - and those most likely to desire a Collectors Edition. We were suddenly forced into a position of paying $59.00 for an expansion we would, again thankfully, own for free. Now we are told that to upgrade we will pay $50. I do not intend to look a gift horse in the mouth, but this does take a bit of the "yeah" out of the "Hell, yeah, thank you for the free expansion SOE!"
    Thank you for your consideration.
    Mr. Tuttle's Reply:
    Hello,
    Unfortunately that is not my decision to make. $50 for the upgrade is the price set by the company and I do not have the ability to change that price. Also phone support representatives do not set company policy and they can not release information that is not already publicly available. Unless an official announcement has been made all they can tell you is their best guess. They do not have access to any information that isn't publicly available on the official website and forums. The $50 upgrade was not announced until after the expansion was already released, and had to be removed after a couple of days due to an issue with the purchase flow.
    Regards,
    Lyman Tuttle
    Senior Accounts Administrator
  8. ARCHIVED-digitalbandit Guest

Go to www.everquest2.com/shop . The dropdown box has the AoD CE upgrade. However, if you already own the expansion, it won't send you to the site so you can buy the upgrade for SC. But, the trade off is you get to a website that lets you buy it for 25% off, which is $37.50+tax. It's what I did.