Can you please add a "Disable exploration xp" option?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Jovie, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Jovie Well-Known Member

I took a brand new character off the boat without doing any quests and off the isle doing the same, straight to Freeport with the intention of leveling up there.
    I decided to run around Freeport to look for quest givers for the surrounding areas (unlike Qeynos there are none) and made it to level 9 just from exploration! Now i know that most people want to get to max level as insanely fast as possible, but not all of us are like that.

Please? Exploration would be fine when i get to AA level, but before then, it just eats my low levels up.

Thank you.

*edit to add*
    I zoned into each of the beginner adventure zones to collect the quests at the very start of them. By the time i was done just collecting quests, not killing anything, i was level 11.

At least now i can put all the exp i get into AA and play catch up for a while, but this is not fun.
    I hate that you push people so fast to get to the "end game" that they are flung at hyper drive through the rest.

(here's a personal viewpoint, the end game in eq2 currently stinks really really bad)
  2. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

What the …...
    NEVER ask for something to be taken away
    What is wrong with you ?
    I'm sorry but you need to play another game
    Soara2 and Lateana like this.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

it's available in this game (below)
  4. Jovie Well-Known Member

No, it is not.
  5. Jovie Well-Known Member

Where did i ask for anything to be taken away? Lean to read. I was asking for an OPTION. There are options to disable quest xp and combat xp. I am asking for a third option.

WIth that said, what is wrong with you? and why should i play another game? Thank you mysterious citizen of the internet for your useless reply.
  6. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The problem we have seen in the past is that if someone asks for an option or correction to an issue the response has been to nerf it all to heck for everyone else instead of adding options or fixing the real issue.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Anyone else remember to olden days where one would attack a guard to die over and over to avoid leveling, back when experience debt could be 50% or more? :D
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Ra'Gruzgob is correct. I have perma locked a character at level 5 adventurer (level 110 tradeskiller, with all ts quests done). Right click your experience bar and experiment with the disable commands. One of the options, not spelled out specifically, encompasses what you are requesting.

edit - clarity
    Soara2, Jovie, Dude and 2 others like this.
  9. Ragna Well-Known Member

"Disable Quest Experience" will disable Disco XP too.
    Soara2, Juraiya, Jovie and 2 others like this.
  10. Jovie Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the clarification! I tested it out and it works perfect :)

Admins please feel free to lock/delete this thread.
    Cyrrena and Juraiya like this.
  11. Cord New Member

Update Notes: Tuesday April 16, 2019

GENERAL
    • Reduced the experience granted by exploration.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  12. Elskidorr Active Member

I understand why it's being nerfed but I really hate seeing something that's been around for so many years getting hit because of it. Hopefully it's not nerfed to the point it's pointless.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  13. Jovie Well-Known Member

Please do not blame me for this nerf. Unless they read my post from Sunday and found a way to change it accordingly that quickly. If so, blame me.
  14. Xianthia Well-Known Member

This wasn't your doing. This is a TLE thing as usual spilling over to live servers.

salty
  15. Soara2 Well-Known Member

There are helpful tips I do not post because I am so afraid they will nerf them.
    Rhodris, Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  16. Jovie Well-Known Member

It is kind of funny, but on my tlp characters (i have way too many characters) i noticed that i was getting a good deal of exp from exploration, but not as much as live. The funny part was, i was higher level with low level items and i couldn't fight much of anything even level :D
    Cyrrena likes this.