Can you avoid slaughtering Cerio Vallain's audience?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

To aggro Cerio Vallain in Sanctus Seru: Echoes of Order [Solo], you have to speak to his audience members, which makes them instantly aggro. You can't use the luminous aspergillii on the audience.

I tried speaking to all of them and then running back and feigning death, hoping that they'd change status so that I could send them home, but that didn't work.

To finish "Moon Mission:Echelon of Order [Solo]" killing Cerio isn't a step, but the Praesertum war party doesn't spawn until Cerio is dead.

So, if you are good, and wish to save innocent lives, how does one complete this zone? Or do we have to accept the evil of slaying a handful of innocent Seru citizens in the pursuit of slaying one of their oppressors?
    Cyrrena, Zynt and Breanna like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Considering that they instantly attack you when you merely speak to them, I'm not sure you're being 'evil' by defending yourself.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Actually, you are. Because if you do this zone enough times, you get a "Slayer of Innocents" achievement.
    Cyrrena, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

That's the opinion of whatever dev's coded those NPCs. I don't happen to share it ;)
    If I say 'hello' to somebody and they immediately try to kill me, 'killing them back' isn't evil as far as I'm concerned :p
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

You don't have to choose to slay them. You can send them to their home. Eventually you get "saviour of innocents' or close to that... hmm not in game but will check later.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, this is specifically the six citizens listening to Cerio. You can't use the aspergillium on them.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Yes sorry was short on time and couldn't add a bit to my message. Overall you can still be a savior. Just not for those that have thrown in their lot with Cerio. :D
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The way I see it is that if these citizens are innocent, but they attack you when you hail them, then there is a higher, more evil power that has tempered their personalities and brainwashed them. They may be innocent, but self defense is self defense.

Going agro on you for hailing them is some Manchurian Candidate levels of provokation.
    Cyrrena, Geroblue, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  9. Chrol Developer

You just have to put them out of their misery I’m afraid. These few are beyond saving.
    Cyrrena, Quillyne, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Naughty dev! /shakes_finger_like_your_grandma_did

I really want to be able to somehow drag the audience far enough away that they get out of the range of Cerio's enchantments and can be saved! Then when the whole audience is gone, Cerio can aggro! My good toons don't want to kill innocents! (And the evil toons are just busy sending citizens to jump...)
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

My "evil " toons are all not that evil either I don't like to kill characters even if they are only data.
    Even in Freeport there are ok if not even good people. Just because you live in one of the Freeport faction cities dose not mean that everybody delights in torturing people .
    It would be good if you could choose how you want to handle the situation.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  12. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

For years I played with a person who absolutely would not kill animals or "innocents" in the game. I always respected her dedication to that. Me, I'm gonna kill every Halfling in EL just because they've got a star, but I'm a terrible person.
    Breanna, Schmetterling and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I cannot stand to kill any of the bovine type creatures, they make a horrible sound.
    Breanna and Zynt like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there is nothing wrong with feeling for those creatures yes .
    But I keep on having to remind myself that this is a game , and if I have to kill somebody or something I don't have to enjoy it .
    Breanna and Zynt like this.