Can we still do our job? (No rants here, pls)

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Jay42, Feb 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

I actually haven't parsed yet myself. I recently reformatted and haven't re-installed the parsers yet. And I'm kind of avoiding doing so, even though I know the data would help. Right now, I just want to tool around in my shiny new wheelchair and have fun playing the game. I know parsing would be good, but I'm being selfish b/c I know that seeing those hard numbers would just bring me down and get me stuck in a rut of frustration, bitterness, and anger. I don't want to do that to myself, and I don't want to do it to my friends. I'll ruin their good time if I'm being all pissy, and they shouldn't have a lousy night adventuring just b/c MY class got nerfed, ya know?
    Anyway, if I do suck it up and actually parse, I'll post here. And then you'll all see just how lame I really am. ;)
  2. ARCHIVED-Zholain Guest

We don't care what your parsed numbers would show. We would still love ya regardless. :smileyhappy:
    Message Edited by Zholain on 02-24-200602:43 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Bithnar Guest

Well just aslong as it doesn't show the number of rose pedals used <shivers and runs away>

HEY! How come you got a shiney wheelchair mines kinda rusty <grumbles>
  4. ARCHIVED-Cronon Guest

I did discover one thing last night. I was grouped with two guildies, a 61 mystic and a 60 Illusionist. We were fighting in Barren Sky on Prisoner Isle. I think they are 65 solo mobs. I had run out of poison and clicked on Ravaging Disruption to use it up. They all beat me in DPS, including their pets. I was doing in the realm of 45 dps. They were hitting around 75-90. I put my Adeste's back on and started hitting around 200 again. I'll try to take the time and post shots of ACT, but I'm still going over the numbers and figuring it all out. Mobs are taking longer for sure, but I'm still having fun playing.

Give this a little time guys. They fixed a "bug" so that they could control our output better. Now they need data to see what it is we are doing and what needs fixed now that we are predictable. Hopefully soon they will boost us. I'm still grouping and my spot on Sunday's raid party is still there.
  5. ARCHIVED-dbmoreland Guest

Can we still do our job? Yes

Can we still do our job exactly the same way today that we did "it" at ANY time in the past? NO

This game we all play called EQ2 is changing. It has changed 20 times (with every LU) in the last 16 months and twice significantly in the last 6 (with the release of each of the two expansions). Each update has effected EVERY single player of this game to varying degrees depending on what class, level and play style they were using at the time of the update. This last update effected those of us playing level 50+ rangers significantly. In my mind the "key" to figuring out how to play our "new" rangers is to "figure out" KoS and the new mechanics introduced with it, especialy the new AAs. Did you all honestly expect to play exactly the same character with exactly the same abilities exactly the same way for the next ten levels as you did for the last 10??? I hope not, because I sure didn't. I suspect when we all figure out the new stuff KoS has to offer, especialy the AAs, we will be having as much fun playing this game in KoS as we did riping the mobs apart in DoF. At least I hope so. It will surly take me more than a couple of days to determine the answer for myself. It did last Sept with DoF, in fact it took two months before I was convinced it was worth it.

Looking forward to the new adventure...
  6. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

You're the best, Cat. :D
  7. ARCHIVED-Cronon Guest

Hey.. I've always known you were a mediocre player but I'm still your buddy... where's my kudos?

Just chain yanking ya Kae.
  8. ARCHIVED-Nimanael Guest

Finally found some time to group. Fought mobs in the War room in Clefts of Rujark. Pick up group consisting of Micha 51 wiz; Turmoil 51 guard; Odball 52 myst (later replaced by Jawi, 52 fury) Proa 50/51 dirge (dinged rather early), and myself, Morningstar 50 ranger (dinged 51 about 15 mins before group broke up). I have no fabled/ledgendary items, and mostly adept 1 CAs ( a few app1).
    We also had a 53 wiz in group for a while, but he was kicked for leeching (being mostly afk). I've removed his name from the parse results...
    Fought roughly 100 mobs, mostly steelslave watchers and vanquishers and some nameds (Warlord Cholak (3 times), Gorakhul the Annihilator and Rakurjahl the warbringer). All mobs were yellow conned heroics, arrows up (I THINK most of them are level 52-53 (?)).

Here are the parse results:
    Allies: (45:36) 1998084 | 730,29
    Morningstarx 645324 | 235,86
    Micha 424583 | 155,18
    Turmoil 363307 | 132,79
    Proa 334304 | 122,19
    Jawi 110293 | 40,31
    53 wizard 92496 | 33,81
    Oddball 27777 | 10,15
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <EncounterTable Name="Encounters | Merged - (2/25) 01:40:11">
    <Row>
    <Name>Morningstarx</Name>
    <StartTime>2006-02-25T01:40:16</StartTime>
    <EndTime>2006-02-25T02:25:47</EndTime>
    <Duration>2731</Duration>
    <Damage>645324</Damage>
    <Kills>47</Kills>
    <Healed>0</Healed>
    <DPS>236,2959</DPS>
    <ExtDPS>235,864</ExtDPS>
    <Hits>2893</Hits>
    <Misses>100</Misses>
    <Blocked>29</Blocked>
    <Swings>3022</Swings>
    <DamageTaken>10768</DamageTaken>
    <Deaths>0</Deaths>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <Name>Micha</Name>
    <StartTime>2006-02-25T01:40:17</StartTime>
    <EndTime>2006-02-25T02:25:44</EndTime>
    <Duration>2727</Duration>
    <Damage>424583</Damage>
    <Kills>10</Kills>
    <Healed>0</Healed>
    <DPS>155,696</DPS>
    <ExtDPS>155,1838</ExtDPS>
    <Hits>1369</Hits>
    <Misses>0</Misses>
    <Blocked>40</Blocked>
    <Swings>1409</Swings>
    <DamageTaken>4095</DamageTaken>
    <Deaths>0</Deaths>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <Name>Turmoil</Name>
    <StartTime>2006-02-25T01:40:12</StartTime>
    <EndTime>2006-02-25T02:25:46</EndTime>
    <Duration>2734</Duration>
    <Damage>363307</Damage>
    <Kills>17</Kills>
    <Healed>7330</Healed>
    <DPS>132,8848</DPS>
    <ExtDPS>132,7876</ExtDPS>
    <Hits>2936</Hits>
    <Misses>228</Misses>
    <Blocked>264</Blocked>
    <Swings>3428</Swings>
    <DamageTaken>167081</DamageTaken>
    <Deaths>1</Deaths>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <Name>Proa</Name>
    <StartTime>2006-02-25T01:40:14</StartTime>
    <EndTime>2006-02-25T02:25:47</EndTime>
    <Duration>2733</Duration>
    <Damage>334304</Damage>
    <Kills>14</Kills>
    <Healed>1753</Healed>
    <DPS>122,3213</DPS>
    <ExtDPS>122,1871</ExtDPS>
    <Hits>3465</Hits>
    <Misses>485</Misses>
    <Blocked>19</Blocked>
    <Swings>3969</Swings>
    <DamageTaken>11973</DamageTaken>
    <Deaths>0</Deaths>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <Name>Jawi</Name>
    <StartTime>2006-02-25T01:58:25</StartTime>
    <Duration>1641</Duration>
    <Damage>110293</Damage>
    <Kills>3</Kills>
    <Healed>72597</Healed>
    <DPS>67,21085</DPS>
    <ExtDPS>40,31177</ExtDPS>
    <Hits>578</Hits>
    <Misses>0</Misses>
    <Blocked>19</Blocked>
    <Swings>597</Swings>
    <DamageTaken>7609</DamageTaken>
    <Deaths>1</Deaths>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <Name>a Steelslave vanquisher</Name>
    <StartTime>2006-02-25T01:40:11</StartTime>
    <Duration>2735</Duration>
    <Damage>102801</Damage>
    <Kills>1</Kills>
    <Healed>0</Healed>
    <DPS>37,5872</DPS>
    <ExtDPS>37,57346</ExtDPS>
    <Hits>336</Hits>
    <Misses>92</Misses>
    <Blocked>198</Blocked>
    <Swings>626</Swings>
    <DamageTaken>964697</DamageTaken>
    <Deaths>53</Deaths>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <Name>53 wizard</Name>
    <StartTime>2006-02-25T01:40:14</StartTime>
    <EndTime>2006-02-25T02:08:31</EndTime>
    <Duration>1697</Duration>
    <Damage>92496</Damage>
    <Kills>6</Kills>
    <Healed>0</Healed>
    <DPS>54,5056</DPS>
    <ExtDPS>33,80702</ExtDPS>
    <Hits>72</Hits>
    <Misses>0</Misses>
    <Blocked>3</Blocked>
    <Swings>75</Swings>
    <DamageTaken>7167</DamageTaken>
    <Deaths>1</Deaths>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <Name>a Steelslave watcher</Name>
    <StartTime>2006-02-25T01:40:29</StartTime>
    <EndTime>2006-02-25T02:24:58</EndTime>
    <Duration>2669</Duration>
    <Damage>76106</Damage>
    <Kills>1</Kills>
    <Healed>0</Healed>
    <DPS>28,5148</DPS>
    <ExtDPS>27,81652</ExtDPS>
    <Hits>279</Hits>
    <Misses>59</Misses>
    <Blocked>147</Blocked>
    <Swings>485</Swings>
    <DamageTaken>899175</DamageTaken>
    <Deaths>43</Deaths>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <Name>Oddball</Name>
    <StartTime>2006-02-25T01:40:45</StartTime>
    <EndTime>2006-02-25T02:02:26</EndTime>
    <Duration>1301</Duration>
    <Damage>27777</Damage>
    <Kills>4</Kills>
    <Healed>17947</Healed>
    <DPS>21,3505</DPS>
    <ExtDPS>10,15241</ExtDPS>
    <Hits>256</Hits>
    <Misses>7</Misses>
    <Blocked>3</Blocked>
    <Swings>266</Swings>
    <DamageTaken>5899</DamageTaken>
    <Deaths>0</Deaths>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <Name>Warlord Tcholak</Name>
    <StartTime>2006-02-25T02:01:25</StartTime>
    <EndTime>2006-02-25T02:25:36</EndTime>
    <Duration>1451</Duration>
    <Damage>21746</Damage>
    <Kills>0</Kills>
    <Healed>0</Healed>
    <DPS>14,98691</DPS>
    <ExtDPS>7,9481</ExtDPS>
    <Hits>49</Hits>
    <Misses>10</Misses>
    <Blocked>19</Blocked>
    <Swings>78</Swings>
    <DamageTaken>79881</DamageTaken>
    <Deaths>3</Deaths>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <Name>Gorakhul the Annihilator</Name>
    <StartTime>2006-02-25T01:54:22</StartTime>
    <EndTime>2006-02-25T01:55:33</EndTime>
    <Duration>71</Duration>
    <Damage>10817</Damage>
    <Kills>1</Kills>
    <Healed>0</Healed>
    <DPS>152,3521</DPS>
    <ExtDPS>3,953582</ExtDPS>
    <Hits>21</Hits>
    <Misses>8</Misses>
    <Blocked>11</Blocked>
    <Swings>40</Swings>
    <DamageTaken>27740</DamageTaken>
    <Deaths>1</Deaths>
    </Row>
    <Row>
    <Name>Rakurjahl the Warbringer</Name>
    <StartTime>2006-02-25T01:46:23</StartTime>
    <EndTime>2006-02-25T01:46:53</EndTime>
    <Duration>30</Duration>
    <Damage>3713</Damage>
    <Kills>1</Kills>
    <Healed>0</Healed>
    <DPS>123,7667</DPS>
    <ExtDPS>1,357091</ExtDPS>
    <Hits>11</Hits>
    <Misses>2</Misses>
    <Blocked>2</Blocked>
    <Swings>15</Swings>
    <DamageTaken>26591</DamageTaken>
    <Deaths>1</Deaths>
    </Row>
    </EncounterTable>
    I tried maximising my dps, but being in a pick up group I can't really say what the others were doing...
    Now, this group may not be representative, people may have been slacking, I wouldn't know. But based on my experience so far, soloing and grouping, the answer to your initial question seems to be: Yes, we CAN still do our job. We just can't do it as superbly as we used to...

Message Edited by Nimanael on 02-24-200605:32 PM
    Message Edited by Nimanael on 02-24-200605:41 PM
    Message Edited by Nimanael on 02-24-200605:56 PM
    Message Edited by Nimanael on 02-24-200605:58 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Steezity Guest

Little private message for coyote...
    Thankya sir for bein around... i actually think that these lil parodies a; shed light on probs and b; friggin crack me up...
    good to get online and see some mega nerf, everyone in the world up in arms in one direction or anotha, and be able to have a laugh while checkin it all out....
    Aye, your info is accurate, rangers were overpwerd solo and some could take on mobs above their con, we we overpwerd groupd and could in ourselves= a whole group of otha dps'ters. A nerf was called for, it was just too big. Like scary too big. I suppose that may even be why i find so much value in humoring the subjuect...
    For any ranger that didnt see a big nerf comin after Lu13 what were u thinkin... i even made other toons because of that specifically...(summoners i highly recommend u do the same if u cant handle what happend to us) I know a few rangers who are depressed and wont talk to peeps in game... man thats just unhealthy! Develop better relationships with your man gear! Relieves so much stress...
    Coyote keep up with the parody, we'll keep flamin ya, (maybe get a good resposne everynow and then likey this one!)
    Stylee Mc'Cutta 62 ranga Nek
    <Myrmidons>
  10. ARCHIVED-Steezity Guest

Btw as for parses... a ranger that is fully fabled, has about 440 str and 365 agi, translucent adeste's and all master and adept 3 skills parses even with a warlock/brig/swash 2 levels lower in all t5 treasured... (around 350-400 average on even conned heroics, down to about 200-300 on yellow con) We parse about even with a fully decked out brawler, a little better than a fully decked out bezerker, and actually the better guardians on the server can come close... Any 1st or 2nd tier dps class if played with equal skill easily surpasses us...
    Every class in the game is nearly unstoppable if a; played to purpose and b; decked out with all the best gear raid guilds can get. It is simply a matter of workin long hours at it... Bottom line, a ranger now has to work too hard to dps even with anybody. For rangers who couldnt solo even conned heroics prepatch, i have absolutely no idea how u solo at all now... even conned solo mob i must use the same tactics i did previously on heroics, - the stun poison...
    I've been relegated myself formin my own purpose, such as when tank or healer is low on health throw inna cheap shot for xtra time, if i see someone about to take an add, slow it and bring it to tank etc...We track, we disarm, we evak, we can pull the named from across the room.... what else can we do? And how do we now get spots on raids if nothing we do is applicable?
    I'm not goin to quit the game or anything ridiculous like that, and those that are quitting because of this may not want to play mmos... but i find myself loggin out quickly much more often now to do other things...
    Ranger for life, Sylee Mc'Cutta (62) Nek
    <Myrmidons>
  11. ARCHIVED-Bellessimo Guest

Hi peeps , I would really love to know how we were overpowered ?????

We offer no attributes to a group , only have a fire debuff and can snare ..

So this said we need to be the top DPS

Was in a group last night fighting in the nest group make up was me60 ,guardian61,warden 59,templar60,bruiser60,brig 60

ok i was mostly 3 or 4 th in dps parses gaurdian was right below me avg around 300 400 ish

Couldnt hit the orange con mobs but half the time with bow but hit 80 % of the time with meelee i have formans shank and blade of center gear is almost all fabled or legendary our CA's now absoutly suck along with our DPS

I feel like i need to reroll and play a warlock as they are the top of the food chart now i wanted to be the dps master along side of the assassign but now i am a bench warmer that gets groups if there is no one else avail and/or i am invited by pitty

IMO we we no where near over powered we were where we should be in the top 3 in dps depending on fight or group make up

So now what do we do i can solo in the barren pretty well aginst yellow con mobs i have no problem with them and have gotten to 61 from groups in the nest and a little soloing along with quests so soloing is still doable and if you cannot take a blue con mob arrow ^^^ you need to reroll your charater cause you are not playing a ranger to full potential i was always in top 3 for dps most of the time hitting over 1k in dmg on raids with focus fire master and SoA can useally get that off 2 times in a named fight this is my 2 cents take as you will but i know feel useless and hard to play my toon if i wasnt in a guild and the only woodworker i would have quit game

Thanks

Bellessimo 61 Danger Ranger
    60 Woodworker
  12. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

No. We *were* overpowered. Maybe you didn't see it, maybe you didn't push the boundaries to see just how much power you could wield, but we really were in a DPS tier all our own. I don't blame you for liking it, I did too - but as one ranger to another, I encourage you to just let go of the Uber Ranger Era, let it rest, be proud you were a part of the class at its perigee (thanks Gwyn!), and for your own sanity, learn to accept that we cannot and should not do that much damage anymore. It was fun while it lasted, but it had to end sometime.
    Unfortunately, I was hoping it wouldn't end with such a hammer blow. I'm still shocked at the sheer magnitude and number of changes SOE implemented simultaneously b/w LU19 and LU20 that left us crumpled and bleeding on the floor. The proc changes would have been hard enough to handle, but screwing with CA ranges, recast timers, Thorny Trap, poisons, and multi-shot attacks all at once was ridiculous.
    EDIT: Made myself look a little less stupid.
    Message Edited by Jay42 on 02-27-200601:38 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Actually that would be perigee :)

Apogee would be the lowest point ;)
  14. ARCHIVED-LexLuthr69 Guest

And now everyone is giving us our Eulogy? :smileytongue:

I can't believe I'm actually posting, but this sledgehammer hurt. I've been playing this toon since day 1, back in Nov. '04. I honestly feel like I'm doing as much damage as I did pre-LU13. Nothing spectacular, nothing great. It's there, and I still do damage, but nothing what I think T1 should be.

In my opinion, they implemented too many restraints at once, to our ability to do damage. Taking away the ability to proc off multi-hit CA, AND changing the timer used to calculate procs was a huge change in game mechanics. One that I know they did not test for long enough. Had they only done one or the other, we may have been better off, without quite so many folks becoming somewhat depressed over our situation (me included). Frustration and anger follow not long behind.

Here are a couple suggestions I've thought of recently:

One obvious one would be to add back in the ability to proc off multi-hit CA. If we have to spend an arrow to do damage, then we should have the ability to proc off that arrow.

Allow us to do some, if not all, of our ranged CA up front in melee range. If not that, then do something similar to how they changed mobs that would path "too far". There are a couple issues with us being forced to be at a minimum range from target. Too many times when lag has been high, I've pulled a mob with a CA, then clicked on the next CA, only to have the Mob close w/in melee range before the cast time has gone off. If they could change the minimum range rule to allow CAs started in range, to complete even on a mob that has closed to melee range, I honestly believe that would help us solo better.

If they decide that the decisions they've made regarding procs are the best route for the game, then they must increase our melee damage. The two DoT melee abilities were adequate for doing damage before when we could get back out to bow range again, but now they need to be less DoT and more DD.

As for your questions, Jay:

1. Yes, we do still contribute damage to a group, but like others have said, not even close to other "Tier 1" classes.

2. I don't know if it was broken, or intended, but Debilitating Arrow line or CA should still be able to be used while on the move. A better choice for a bow CA to be used on the move would be our Leg Shot line. But I'm not holding my breath.

3. I am able to solo effectively, as long as I have all my CAs up, and I'm in an area to kite. Preferably near other groups who might take pity on me and heal me, and or drop a nuke on the mob for me. :)

4. I honestly can't comment on this because I've not been in a raid since the expansion was released.

I do not pretend to believe that we were meant to be the all powerful damage dealers we were after LU13, but when that's all we contribute, you can't argue that it was easy to believe that maybe someone actually recognized what our class was meant to do. Especially if you consider that I was easily spending 2pp a day on poisons. 2 PLATINUM!! I'd like to see any other class tell me they spent that much to do their "job".

Jay, you're an inspiration to us all. Thanks for keeping us in line, and not allowing us to tear ourselves apart. :D

Lexic Who
    Antonia Bayle, 61 Twig Thrower, Berry Pooper
    Officer, Path of the Hero
  15. ARCHIVED-Steezity Guest

And now everyone is giving us our Eulogy? [IMG]

I can't believe I'm actually posting, but this sledgehammer hurt. I've been playing this toon since day 1, back in Nov. '04. I honestly feel like I'm doing as much damage as I did pre-LU13. Nothing spectacular, nothing great. It's there, and I still do damage, but nothing what I think T1 should be.

In my opinion, they implemented too many restraints at once, to our ability to do damage. Taking away the ability to proc off multi-hit CA, AND changing the timer used to calculate procs was a huge change in game mechanics. One that I know they did not test for long enough. Had they only done one or the other, we may have been better off, without quite so many folks becoming somewhat depressed over our situation (me included). Frustration and anger follow not long behind.

Here are a couple suggestions I've thought of recently:

One obvious one would be to add back in the ability to proc off multi-hit CA. If we have to spend an arrow to do damage, then we should have the ability to proc off that arrow.

Allow us to do some, if not all, of our ranged CA up front in melee range. If not that, then do something similar to how they changed mobs that would path "too far". There are a couple issues with us being forced to be at a minimum range from target. Too many times when lag has been high, I've pulled a mob with a CA, then clicked on the next CA, only to have the Mob close w/in melee range before the cast time has gone off. If they could change the minimum range rule to allow CAs started in range, to complete even on a mob that has closed to melee range, I honestly believe that would help us solo better.

If they decide that the decisions they've made regarding procs are the best route for the game, then they must increase our melee damage. The two DoT melee abilities were adequate for doing damage before when we could get back out to bow range again, but now they need to be less DoT and more DD.

As for your questions, Jay:

1. Yes, we do still contribute damage to a group, but like others have said, not even close to other "Tier 1" classes.

2. I don't know if it was broken, or intended, but Debilitating Arrow line or CA should still be able to be used while on the move. A better choice for a bow CA to be used on the move would be our Leg Shot line. But I'm not holding my breath.

3. I am able to solo effectively, as long as I have all my CAs up, and I'm in an area to kite. Preferably near other groups who might take pity on me and heal me, and or drop a nuke on the mob for me. [IMG]

4. I honestly can't comment on this because I've not been in a raid since the expansion was released.

I do not pretend to believe that we were meant to be the all powerful damage dealers we were after LU13, but when that's all we contribute, you can't argue that it was easy to believe that maybe someone actually recognized what our class was meant to do. Especially if you consider that I was easily spending 2pp a day on poisons. 2 PLATINUM!! I'd like to see any other class tell me they spent that much to do their "job".

Jay, you're an inspiration to us all. Thanks for keeping us in line, and not allowing us to tear ourselves apart. [IMG]

Lexic Who
    Antonia Bayle, 61 Twig Thrower, Berry Pooper
    Officer, Path of the Hero

perfection in its entirety Lexic
  16. ARCHIVED-athitchcock Guest

1. Can you still fill the DPS role adequately in groups?
    Yes, unless the group requires us to be teir 1 dps.

2. What skills, if any, were "broken" in the patch?
    Skills seem to be changed more than broken, they still work just not as effectively.

3. Are you able to solo effectively?
    No, at 60 I was barely able to survive against a solo down arrow 2 mob encounter 4 levels below me.

4. If applicable: do you bring enough to the raid table to be a worthwhile contributor?
    I don't know. My first post lvl 40 and post LU20 raid was against Darathar. According to parses rangers were in T1 dps, but we weren't successful.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kompton Guest

in my opinion, im having a little less fun and a bit more stress in its place, wich cant be good :)

1. Can you still fill the DPS role adequately in groups?

hell yes, i can steal aggro from anything when i make a mistake, ussually once my poisons kick in, an event so rare there is a server wide broadcast when it happens. hehe

2. What skills, if any, were "broken" in the patch?

cheap shot was reduced too much, trick shot is only of use after a fight has started to help the tank maintain hate, it does not do its job and should be replaced with something usefull (it is meant to be used to let rangers pull, try it .....it is broken) . snipe shot lost the stun a pitty . we are a ranged class, why are they doing theyre utmost to stop us fighting at ranger. ?

3. Are you able to solo effectively?

yes but at a much greater risk. i cant say its too bad, however if my poison doesnt kick in i end up in melee with a virtually full health mob, rangers dont melee that well solo :)

4. If applicable: do you bring enough to the raid table to be a worthwhile contributor?

plenty as i said i can still steal aggro when i get overly lucky with poison etc, ive waited 20+ seconds before engaging and instantly stolen aggro from the tank.
    i either do 0 damage or virtually kill the thing myself.
    i have no trouble getting in a group or raid, although my damage output is somewhat unreliable now.

i think they have made too many changes. i do beleive they need to give us a more reliable stun, something as reliable and re castable as a wizard root.
    i cant say they overly ruined the class or that i struggle in any way to group, im a little dissapointed by how i now sometimes do no damage what so ever with my ranged strikes, if thats all down to poison procs then they need to boost the base strength of some of our skills i think.

but still, they said it was a balance issue.

take a 24 conjurer into splitpaw any mission you will cake walk
    take a 32 ranger in, suffer suffer suffer, it all ends in failure

so did they really need to nerf the rangers ? i think not.
  18. ARCHIVED-Steezity Guest

good posts all around, but keep in mind we dont want this to be about nerfing summoners...
  19. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

ROFL @ server-wide messages every time poison procs... classic. ;)
    We should at least start announcing it to our groups, right? "Guys! Hey guys!! My poison just proc'd!!! No, really it did! OMG there's a Quick Shot too OMG TAKE ME TO VEGAS RIGHT NOW!!"
  20. ARCHIVED-Bithnar Guest

But if we go to Vegas we cant talk about our procs. Cause:
    "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
    I only wish they had done the changes to Rangers in Vegas so they would have stayed there :smileytongue: