Can we please remove rng plat infusion

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xavion, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

honestly the rng with plat infusion is just horrible and with it is causing armor pieces to be worse then previous lower tier armor piece due to the rng. the main problem is the infusion caps out and stops on one stat and doesn't fully infuse so i could have a 160 piece with says 2300potency and 5,300 stamina yet the 180 raid piece would have 3100 pot but only 4450 stamina or w/e due to bad rng rolls with infusion giving more pot then stam and capping out early.

Just get rid of the rng % and just let us use plat to full infuse all the stats like the bonus infusers do all at once or separate the 4 stats into their own infusion chances via plat so im not ending with bad rolls all the time and having to rng buy 50 armor pieces hoping for a good roll
  2. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I think the whole infusion system needs a bit of rethinking. When they first introduced infusing, I never thought it was "awesome" to be awarded a mission crate reward that promised a 20% chance to be successful at upgrading my armor. If there is to be randomness in a reward, let it be on which stat it upgrades and how much, not on whether it works at all.

Not being one who actively chased platinum or enjoys playing Let's Make a Deal on EQ2 auctions or brokering my stash, I have never had excess platinum reserves, so when I watched the intro video for the expansion that introduced platinum infusion, I was flabbergasted. I never thought such an idea would fly. Years later, I was wrong, although I must admit that many of the folks that I used to enjoy playing the game with, just quit playing.

At some point, at least on my main toon, just to stay somewhat competitive, I had to give into plat infusing. My alts have every infuser that ever dropped (unless they were heirloom and transferred to my main) and most certainly never did plat infusing. I used to cringe as I saw (and heard) the exponential increase in the plat cost for each successive 80% chance to fail at upgrading. At some point I just quit paying attention to the ca-ching ca-ching and started selling a few more items to keep enough plat. However, giving in to this "reward" system does nothing for my self esteem. Gambling is not my idea of fun or good economics.

The infusion system is a good way to upgrade gear, but make things more predictable. Let us get what we pay for. With dropped infusers, make the variance in what it upgrades and how much it upgrades, not on whether or not it will work at all. On the plat infusion, I don't mind the random upgrade on stat, but let each ca-ching be a 100% chance for an upgrade!!!!! This way, eventually every stat could be maxed to a defined ceiling for plat infusing.
    Erudinel and Jaeded like this.
  3. Nelie Well-Known Member

I 100% agree. TBH even per stat is random and you have no clue if you got the true value of your plat sink or only part of it. What I mean is, you can take the same 2 pieces of gear and look just purely at potency and infuse them both. More than likely the potency difference might be minor.
    Back in CD, I tested this and bought 3 of the same pieces for each armor slot that I had unlocked and plat infused all of them. 2 pieces might of had a minor difference of maybe like 15-20 potency and the last piece had the difference of at least 100 potency.
    It really sucked being thousands of potency behind some guild mates because of RNG of the plat infusing. If you had RNG like mine, I was missing ~100 potency per slot (In total...take 26-27 slots x 100 potency = 2600-2700 potency before multipliers).
    Jaeded likes this.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

Plat infusing and dropped infusers and are only one layer of infusion. And there is an RNG factor there. But if you want to get away from that rng? The single best way to infuse your gear and get what you "paid" for is to infuse with Celestial Or Empyral Infusers. 100% chance of infusion w/ set amounts infused.

There is also the ultimate rng infuser in the cobalt crates...sometimes...depends on your dice, I suppose. 100% infusion across potency, ab mod, cb & stamina.

The CD Celestial infusers can be crafted by making MC gear and salvaging it into celestial fragments. If you have the recipe (and a lot of people do at this point) you can make Celestial Infusers. It takes 5 celestial fragments to make 1 Infuser of your choice.

Empyral Infusers. There are more difficult to obtain. Only one person in our guild has found the recipe, so far. It requires 5 empyral fragments per infuser of your choice. Unfortunately the ptb decided to do away with making MC gear and breaking down. Now you have run content and salvage dropped gear to get fragments to make infusers. These infusers will infuse another layer above the CD infusers.

Crafted infusers...if you are willing to put in the time are the single best way to max your character. I still harvest CD for rares to infuse my alts beyond quested or dropped infusers with 20% chance.
  5. Warsteiner Member

Plat infusing and crafted/dropped infusers are two different layers of infusing. Maxing one does not impact how much you can put into another.

Deity Layer - plat infusion

Physical Layer - crafted and dropped infusers

Bonus Layer - bonus infusers (from sig line completion or purchased crates)

I believe they did add a new deity layer infuser recipe in BOL but good luck finding the infuser recipe book!
    AOE1 likes this.
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

Can't see that happening to be honest. I mean think about it.

Plat infusions requires a lot of plat to infuser each piece of gear and this w/o factoring in the other infusions from crafted/looted infusers and bonus infusers from crates. If you exclude the plat duplication exploits and the lucky rng and/or moving toons to sell stuff to make enough plat, a lot of prayers will opt to buy and sell kronos to make plat. So at the heart of it, its very much tied to how it is all setup.

If anything, they should revise the entire infusion systems so people do not gain a substantial unfair advantage if they do not have plat nor willining/able to buy cobalt crates to score the op infusers.
  7. Carthington Member

I just did my plat infuse, craft/quest/dropped infuse, then bonus... and with all that, lost 1.5k-ish in stamina going from a 180 resolve rob to a 195 resolve robe that CLEARLY has more base stamina. No reason for the loss, no reason why there should be that much lost... either I'm doing something wrong, or the system is broken...

[IMG]
  8. Leed Active Member

I saw that going from solo to heroic gear - lower stamina on the heroic after infusing than I had on the solo after infusing.
  9. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Ok. The difference in the photos is one has adorns and runes and the other doesn't. What were the stats when you put those on the infused robe?
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

I saw that too and was wondering also looks like a temp adorn on it also.
    AOE1 likes this.
  11. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Seriously? Remove the adornments from one of your pieces of gear and tell us if it changed the stats.
    Why do people post comments like that when they clearly have no idea how the game works. All you do is de-rail a thread that's making a very valid point.
    Snikkety likes this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

Um probably because adornments adds to your stats DUH!
    AOE1 likes this.
  13. AOE1 Well-Known Member

They add to my stats when I put adorns and runes on them. Maybe we are different Breanna??
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Must be, that's ok though I like being different.
    AOE1 likes this.
  15. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

They don't add to the stats visible on the item, the thread is about plat infusing, which changes the visible stats on the item. The adornments add another line underneath those stats which shows what the rune is giving, except in the case of the set runes.
    Observing likes this.