can we please get a better clickie effect on new bracers

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Xavion, May 31, 2022.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

i think every tank will agree giving us all a bulwark as clickie for new bracers while every other class got a unique clickie buff is a slap in face and we want our fair share of uniqueness. I mean comon bulwark isnt even clicked outside of tanking unless there is no bulwark and this clickie is a joke to even use for that reason. give each tank these spells/ca's
    • sk: crusaders judgement
    • brusier: hadoken
    • monk: flying scissors
    • pally:crusaders judgement
    • guard: guardian sphere
    • zerker: dismember
    Jrox, Cropster, Twyla and 5 others like this.
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

It baffles me that how little devs know fighters or even care about them.

Bulwark is not something for any fighter a sought after ability. We use it because you made us due to classes not being balanced and their utility diminished in group instances. It should be replaced with something meaningful for all fighters like a buff from the shadows tree AA for figthers, plenty of things to choose from like defensive/offensive stances bonuses, or fix the broken "enhance rescue", sneering assault getting a bump -- i mean there are plenty of things we can use. Bulwark is NOT one of them.

As far as class specific buffs are concerned, Guardian has "overpower increased by 100" - a combat art that barely breaks into top 10 of a parse. I'd rather see a taunting strike getting a hefty buff because at Ancient its useless both in damage and threat.

Bracers will not be in use for a fair amount of time so you have plenty of time to update this.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

the overpower increase refers to the proc on bulwark, not a guardian CA
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

sigh
    Bludd likes this.
  5. Keffin Member

I don't know if you guys have ever hit bulwark by mistake while playing. I have done it a few times in challenge mode or in a raid, and I like having the bracer to reset my bulwark and make it more effective when using bulwark on a mob you can bulwark at will.
  6. Benj Well-Known Member

Sure, I can and absolutely will find a way to make the bracers useful. Character improvement in end-game is done by inches, not by miles. If they give me a buff, I'm going to use it. That doesn't mean I can't challenge the fact that fighters got the worst reset ability. All other classes got unique and useful enhancements to signature spells, while every fighter is exactly the same?
    Twyla and Arclite like this.
  7. Arclite Well-Known Member

Bulwark should NOT be a class defining or class archetype defining ability on any item. Period. As a matter of fact bulwark should be lifted out of the game completely. It was nothing more than making fighters relevant in group content years ago.

Bracers should have something useful and beneficial to each fighter class. Plenty of options to choose from, its just the case of DEVs not caring or not knowing much about fighter classes in general and what people want at this stage.
    Priority likes this.
  8. Cropster Active Member

100% this was a terrible design for fighters.
  9. Jrox Well-Known Member

Def terribad!