Can we please finally get new login servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wurm, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

New players aren't going to know the everquest2.exe trick to get around the login servers being down... and lately they have been down a lot.
  2. Cragfire Well-Known Member

On a side note I was excited to learn about adding the following to my ini file.. Zoning is so much better now.. no more hang-ups..

Cl_load_ui_resources_timeout 0
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

exactly which .ini file ?
    Adevil likes this.
  5. Springelf Active Member

I cant get in via work around :(

Nevermind it worked this time. I was trying to use it earlier and no go. Now the workaround worked.
  6. Adaac Member

Getting really tired of this happening every weekend or raid night. Please figure out the problem and fix it.
    babettelabete and Prissetta like this.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I just blame it on the orcs of Qeynos and keep trying something to get in.

Oh... wait... that's HUMANS... I keep getting them confused... they are so similar in nature, after all. Just the humans are better at hiding their aggressive nature... until you turn your back on them. Good thing I don't do that to round ears!
  8. Nychola323 New Member

What is the work around?
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

For some folks using the everquest2.exe application file in your file directory can get the game to work without going through the launchpad - it doesn't work for everyone though.

The issue seems to be fixed - I am back in game again.
  10. Adevil Well-Known Member

I found the reference:
  11. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Some way of separating H1Z1 from the rest of the games would be awesome. The whiny DDOS script kiddies always seem to be throwing tantrums over H1Z1 and knocking us all off line in the process.
    Hell, sell H1Z1 to another company while it's popular. XD (Yah, I know, less $ in the long run, possibly.)

While we're on loading the game, how about changing the order the game loads objects? If I camp out in a house with a player made floor, I log back in trapped under the floor or falling to my death. Any chance furniture could be set to load first? Is there a way I can set that?
    Mermut likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

They changed that back in ToT or AoM I forget which. The assets used to load before the player, but they changed it for some reason... changed it without any warning or patch notes even.