Can we have these for house items PLEASE!! *begs*

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Kalyai, May 10, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

I agree with More furniture. I am all for that.
    But above all can you or someone fix the bookcases we make so that we can actually put books in them. I know you can put books in some of them but not all of them. Any chance for a fix there?
  2. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

At one point in time, I sort of managed to rest a painting on my easel. I had the easel next to my home alchemy station and the painting (can't remember name of it & at work) that looks like a Gnomish engineering diagram so it looked like a place for my crafter to be writing formulas and other science jargon.
    I would to be able to actually 'attach' a painting to the easel (instead of the ackward hang painting on bookcase, move bookcase, try to slide easel into position thing). Or could we get easels with 'in work' paintings on the canvas? I'd be happy to see these and would give us a few more carpenter items by combining existing easel with existing paintings graphics.
    Not sure if this is the right place for this idea, but what do I have to do to get some of the fantastic floor, wall, ceiling and especially the trimwork from DFC for my house? They are orcs for Brell's sake and they have way better carpenters doing finish work on their houses then we have on ours. I'd love to see an epic carpenter quest that would allow me to make housing trimwork in houses for folks to use. Maybe then we could get walls that look good with some of the furniture we have.
  3. ARCHIVED-mellowknees72 Guest

[p]okay...wha....? I'm not sure what Fraps has to do with having an interactive message board in our homes...?[/p][p]I'm cornfused! :|[/p][p]I still want to cast a vote for this, though. Either a messageboard that *I* could leave a message on for anyone who comes to buy stuff from me, or one that would let the homeowner leave messages, as well as visitors. Would be awesome. [/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I think the potential for griefing would be high.
  5. ARCHIVED-mellowknees72 Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Well, no higher than it is with in-game mail. You could put the same flags on the messages as our mail messages have, so that folks could report any abusive messages left.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Pipes@Najena wrote:
    It would be similar to /pet name for the griefing potential. However, it would have more of a look of permanence at defamatory bits might not be noticed as quickly (like house pet names).
  7. ARCHIVED-StargateFanGirl Guest

[p]I like the idea of the easel being able to load an image, it should however only be one in our Station Players gallery to avoid unappropriate pictures being put up. Or add a function for taking an easel-portrait that would bring up the area on screen that would fit on the easel (like taking a picture with a camera since the easel dimensions are different from our screen dimensions) and the picture could be saved in a unique format that would be called up by the easel (have multiple portraits? cycle through them to display your favorite).[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Raveller Guest

[p]I don't have screenies for these but some things I would like are:[/p][ul][li]the fireplace in Windstalker Village. (The one that annoying woman is dancing in front of. Likah, or something like that.) It looks like it would be good for roasting a pig. Would be even more awesome if it could be used as a substitute for the home cooking stove.[/li][li]the forge in the little building next to the Arena in Qeynos Harbor. Way better looking than the crafting forges. Would be even more awesome if it could be used as a substitute for the home forge[/li][li]stained glass windows that could be placed in your walls. hell, any windows that could be placed in your walls[/li][/ul]
  9. ARCHIVED-DasUberFuzzy Guest

those test tubes and bottles (and other glassware) would be great for carpenters, gimme a reason to go near a workbench past t2, since despite my massive /feedback all the high level vases are all still woodbench. i hope the thing in the notes about stormhold is those glowing sword torches, i've suggested that a couple times. maybe i can light my house in something other then "generic wall sconce" (providing they produce light) oh, something i've wanted for a while is a full size mailbox kiosk, not just a little wall thing.
  10. ARCHIVED-MadTexan3 Guest

Oh, that's a good one!
  11. ARCHIVED-EQTTEQ Guest

Oh, And Curtains
  12. ARCHIVED-Twitty98 Guest

Can we also have receipes for these rugs that are in the crafting hall in Kelithin?
    [IMG]
  13. ARCHIVED-Liol Guest

DasUberFuzzy wrote:
    There's a picture thread for the new items and those flaming sword sconces are there. (they're a xegonite using recipe)
  14. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

I went on a tour of inspirational decorating that this way awesome person I know on AB took me on last night, and in one of her houses were 'obsidian bookcase' Another ouse had a different kind of bookcase. She said that they were merchant sold but removed from the game. Can we please please have them back (please) ?
  15. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

[IMG] I'd love this tapestry from Wailing Caves, maybe it could become a rare drop from the new DFC?? [IMG] And this bed could be added to the DoF recipes to make those meat bucket levels a little happier!
  16. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Image doesn't do it justice :) Sorry, had jsut left a riad, was running in lo-res. Lamps in permafrost...looooove them.[IMG]
  17. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

[p]I have taken some screenshots but not sure how to copy it over yet ...so until then nvm me on this, big blunder lol[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Here are some simple things I found in Longshadow Alley that I would love to see added. [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] There's some stuff in Feerrott I need to get pictures of as well so I'll be posting back again. ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-Tashir79 Guest

This is a great picture but I'm not completely sure if it's not already a house item that you can claim. I've looked through all the everseek pictures and I don't see it anywhere. If it's not already in the game it would make a great addition. [IMG]
  20. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

Theladorn wrote:
    I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! Kinda like what they did with the tomes, only rather than getting a book at the end, you get a recipie scroll that includes all of the items you needed to find in order to complete the collection.
    I will definately be keeping my eyes out for screenshot opportunities. But aside from new recipies, it would be nice if the "Looted XXX Treasure" items could be place in your home as well. I was spoiled by SWG where anything you could touch could be placed in your house and I would love to see that in EQII ... at least to some degree. It would definately make decorating more interesting. Anyhoo, here are just some ideas of new carpy craftables I personally would like to see:
    Manaquin - wooden frame of a humanoid that acts like a container. Container can hold one of each type of armor pieces (7 items total). Once an armor item is place on the mannaquin, the mannaquin displays the armor as if it were on a player therefore being able to display armor sets.
    Weapon racks that can actually hold and display weapons.
    Love the bookcase idea to hold the books like a container (IMO if this happened the books inside of the bookcase should not count toward house items - books arent THAT big)
    Cages that you could place your house pets in that would prevent them from wondering around (some of your visitors might be afraid of your animals)
    Instruements (would be killer if we could use them too)
    Mop/Bucket
    Latrine
    Ill look for stuff laying around as Im out traveling and get screenshots of anything I really like to post here. Thanks for being so wonderful Domi :thumbup:
    Also can you look into giving us the ability to rotate items on X, Y, and Z axis and removing the red "cant place that here" - that would be way cool.