Can we have a new coin?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by exeq2player, Dec 28, 2020.

1. exeq2player Member

I am sure this must have been asked before but can there be a new coin introduced above Platinum? Maybe a new metal from the moon. What could we call it? Shadowed Azurite coin? A coin that hums in your coin purse. Just don't walk down any dark alley ways with it lol
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Probably Acrylia, it is the great acrylia mines that we remember from EQ1.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

We could call it Whaleium. 500dbc for 1 coin. It'll be awesome.
    Smashey and Argosunited like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Not to buy, to use in the coin cost displays!
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Palladium is more expensive than platinum, technically, and was available in early tiers of the game. Though, we'd have to start abbreviating our coinage differently...
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

I always thought the Velium piece would be the next coin...
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

Better yet...can we have a vendor that lets us exchange old currency for the newest currency?

My coin bag is literally a kalaidoscope of colored discs n' such garnered over the years.
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The closest we ever got to this is a merchant on Butcherblock Docks that will sell you doodads for various currencies. I'm still working on my first cup of coffee, but I recall that these were items to help you skill up tinkering and/or transmuting.

You can pull most currencies out of your currency tab and either stick them in a bank box somewhere or destroy them. I need to set up a storage alt for furniture anyway, perhaps they can keep all the odd currencies for me...
  9. Falbal New Member

I would prefer a change to the current system, so that a coin it worth 1000 of the one before it (so 1 silver=1000 copper etc.). This would mean that 1000 platinum today would change into 1 platinum, which I think is better than having 10 of a fifth type of coin.
    Faelynn likes this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The problem is most of the player base doesn't have thousands of a particular type of coin. Go back and look at your currency if you've played 5-10 years. How many of those do you have at least 1000 of? Secondly, because of some of the game design mechanics, people are still using currency from old xpacs even today in RoS to fill in the gaps. My sense is the idea is appealing, but in practice, just doesn't work--at least, not for some of us.
    Breanna likes this.