Can someone please explain the Shadow Prospecting?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Ghostouls, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

Like it says in the title... We have a staff to do shadow prospecting with. We can use some mount gear to increase shadow prospecting. We can skill up to 50 in prospecting.

But we can only use the staff every 2 hours? And we can use the Glass Orb of Swirling Shadows, anytime we get them, but can only hold one at a time? Sometimes I get messages saying I got another one, but I think because I already have one, it doesn't add to it.

Now that the Shadow Balanzite Crystals are on scene, how does one get them. From just using the staff or by piling on the prospecting gear? How much Shadow Prospecting Skill do you need to harvest these new crystals? Will the Acrylia Mount Prospecting gear be enough? Or will you need Shadowscream Mount Prospecting gear, to actually be able to harvest any of these thing?

I have all the Acrylia ones, and have harvested for 2 days now, and have not gotten one. I did get the Swirling orbs over and over to keep harvesting shadows but still got no Crystals. Mind you I don't expect them to drop like water, but have not got one, while others are boasting they have 10 or more already... so what is the trick?
    Kittybock likes this.
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

Rng is the trick. There is no exact science on it. Strap on plus prospect gear and let her rip. Use staff as much as possible same with glass orbs and hope u win.
  3. Kaldrun Member

just a way to force people to do the unpopular things in game this xpac........pq's.......shadow harvesting....
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

Okay I got all the gear on, I have regular rare harvesting at 56% and Shadow prospecting at 86, and have my Shadow Staff of Luclin equipped, bountiful harvest at 109%... still not a dang thing. I have been harvesting ALL DAY, since the servers came back up. Not a one. What is missing?

I am getting the swirling orbs and using them, and using my staff every time it comes up, as well.
  5. Kaldrun Member

they want you to spend more time on the harvesting than the already crazy amount of time your in pq's.
  6. Yenk Active Member

Yes, there is no exact science on it. But some things are confirmed. For example this:

- to get an ORB we must have as high as possible shadow skill.
    - to get a shadow balanzite crystal we must have as high as possible rare harvest chance.

My shadowskill is 108, 60 native and 48 from four mount items. As soon as I get an orb I always replace the prospecting stirrups by the rare harvest ones from the premium edition before I start the 30 sec shadow run (so I have 62% rare harvest).
    I found two shadow balanzite crystals so far, one of them I sold for 40m in the broker, the other one I put for 20m in the broker. But maybe it is out of demand because after the next patch there will be a higher drop rate of shadow balanzite crystals (also confirmed by devs). So nobody will pay that much anymore.
  7. Gharyn Well-Known Member

From today's update notes.

8. gilliax Member

How are you getting a native 60 ? I seem to max out at 50/50 then of course the mounting ones.
  9. Yenk Active Member

ah no, the 10 are not native, but from the Barding that comes with premium edition. sorry :cool:
  10. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Boss: So, where are we on Shadowed harvesting this xpac?
    Dev: Well, in BoL it was an unmitigated disaster and everybody hated it, so I thought we'd just you know, let it die and pretend it never happened?
    Boss: No way! This time round it's going to be the most important thing in the game. Everyone will be doing it!
    Dev: But, really? Like I said, everyone hated it.
    Boss: Most.. Important.. Thing.. Ever..
    Dev: Riiight.. Erm.. Ok, well the other thing was PQ's. Looking on the forums the players really detested them too. Lots of people hoping they won't feature in RoS.
    Boss: ALSO MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER
    Dev: ... sigh...
    Tyger likes this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Or illustrated another way, think back to Lethal Weapon 2 as Danny Glover, Mel Gibson and Joe Pesci are leaving the Subway Drive-in and Joe finds out he didn't get his steak sub sandwich. That following dialogue by Joe, while funny as hell, pretty much describes the state of shadow prospecting for shadowed balanzite crystals.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Ladas New Member

Things like this are why I hate trade skilling.....