Can someone please explain the Overseer?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Leibnitz, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Leibnitz Member

So it's a new minigame only available if you bought BoL expansion. From what I read it sounds like a card game of some sort.

Could anyone do like a mini-wiki on it please?

I only play on TLE so just from the TLE perspective would be fine for me.

Thank you in advance!
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

never heard of it
  3. Somedude Active Member

P2W minigame, all I've heard is getting some rares off it on TLE.
  4. Hydraulics Member

Essentially you send an npc on a mission and after several hours they return. Rewards are rares and collections on tle.
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Sounds like Rift's minions.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Not sure how it works on TLE you guys are different, but there is nothing P2W about it. You need the BOL expansion I believe.
    Dude likes this.
  7. Okanagan Member

And since we don't need BoL and TLE will never reach BoL, you are paying for the expansion to have access to extra rares and collections that nobody else has. Sounds like p2w to me
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

That's an extremely broad definition of P2W. By your definition, people who bought any previous expansion and have the benefits of that are all P2W. The overseer feature gives you an RNG chance of getting some rares and some shinies. It also has an RNG chance of giving you junk. That's nowhere near P2W.
    Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  9. Somedude Active Member

It's a button you press for rares and shinies that you have to buy a very expensive item that otherwise offers no value to TLE.

It is P2W, just like the clockwork illusion and other rewards that were designed to give an advantage on TLE for buying something you didn't otherwise need.

I'm curious what collections it is handing out, as this could be significant.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

It is a water downed version of the Mission Table system WoW came out with 6 years ago.
    Siren, Kisukee and NrthnStar5 like this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

If you can't use or play BOL on TLE server and that is all you play on and nothing on live. Then it sounds to me like you wasted your money buying an expansion that you can't use, and knowing you can't use it. That is on you not on DBG.
    Xianthia and Dude like this.
  12. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I think you may have misunderstood the point that somedude was making. You don't *need* BoL for TLE, but buying it does confer you an advantage in the form of this feature that essentially allows you to acquire rares/collectibles for doing nothing, thus, in a broad sense, is P2W, since it provides an in-game advantage in exchange for RL money as a means to bypass earning them through gameplay.
    Leibnitz likes this.
  13. Leibnitz Member

Thanks for explaining. TLE gets rares and collectibles. I guess this is how Fallen Dynasty and Echoes of Faydwer collections have already been discovered and completed on Kaladim.
  14. Leibnitz Member

I'll just say that on Kaladim I think it is not right to have a system for bringing shinies into the world without participating in the processes of exploration, killing, grouping and trading which shiney gathering generates.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

People did not just buy the new expansion for the overseer but it's just something else they can get .
    Most people did it for the house , the multi crafting table and the portal and maybe the mount .
    Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  16. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

It's the next big shiny gimmick to help sell the expansion. It's P2W disguised as depth of gameplay. Has no business on a TLE server.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Also, people who can /claim the Burynai Shiny Seeker can feed the little guy fertilizer materials and get back shinies. On Fallen Gate, I offered folks access to my apartment to use my Burynai for themselves if they wished.
    Siren, Zooeyzz and Breanna like this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't see how the Overseer Feature is P2W. It's deceptively simple, but to get the very best rewards you need to be strategic in which Missions you accept. I'm not sending ten Missions a day, because I am saving my best Agents/Mercenaries/Familiars for the quests that have the highest reward levels. There are literally a dozen different reward crates from these Missions that range from Treasured to Mythical, and you can preview what a given mission will offer by clicking the box icon to the right of the Mission description.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Leibnitz Member

I've been told that the Burynai is not yet available to /claim on Kaladim. And if it ever is, you'll still need to get fertiliser mats.

From what I'm hearing, the Overseer is the only mechanism for obtaining shinies that doesn't require any interaction with the world. And that doesn't sound like a good thing, for the world.
  20. Xilbuster New Member

I dunno I tried it a few times on tle and it filled my inventory up with sooooo much crap that i had to delete that i stop doing it after like the 3rd time.