Can someone explain what my "station Handle" is used for?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Finriel, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Finriel Guest

I just registered my game and had to create a Station handle name. It says that that name is for all public events like forums etc. The name was available and was accepted as my handle name during the registration process.

I just signed up for the forums here and put in the name I chose in the handle block and it says the name is already in use ? I am confused on what the station handle name is used for?
  2. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Yeah, it can get confusing...
    Your Station name and your forum handle are two totally different things. Your Station name is a private username that you enter when logging into the EQ2Players.com website and these forums. Your forum handle is the public name that everyone sees when you post on the forums. For instance, you see "Seagoat" when I post, but when I login to the forums or EQ2Players.com, that's not what I type in as my username. :) Both of them must be unique, and you can't use your Station name as your forum handle.
    Hope this helps!
  3. ARCHIVED-Finriel Guest

Thank you for your help.

I am still somewhat confused.

I have a station name that I use to sign into the forums with and know that name is private.

When I signed up for my station account/game account it asked me to choose a station handle name and had the word "optional" next to it. I filled out that box with the name Niniel. It said the name was available and I completed the process. ** So there is no alarm Niniel is not the private name I use to log into my account**

When I look at my account info on the station site it has the Station name (the private name I use to log into the forums with) and it has the name Niniel as my station handle name. ( the public name )

All looks good there so I came to the forums and signed in using the private name and password and then I was taken to the next page that asked me to put my station handle name in. I entered the name Niniel ( the public station handle name that my account says is my handle name) *this is not the Private name no one sees*and I get a error saying the name Niniel is already in use.

I entered a name I made up then and there "Finriel" and then got a "your registration on the forums is complete" notice.

Now I do not know what my name "Niniel" is used for since it has it on my account info page as my handle but I was unable to use the name as my handle on these forums?

I hope I did not make a mess of trying to explain my confusion.