Can rangers point blank shoot with bow now?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Ratmaster2000, Apr 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Ratmaster2000 Guest

Okay havent really been playing my ranger much lately, but was on playing around in Lavastorm last night and it seemed to me that my ranger could now use the bow at point blank range, is this a change I missed?
  2. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

Only if you're using your Myth or Enervated Myth
  3. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

OR if you are using your AA option "point blank shot". i always use that to poison if im solo and they get too close.
  4. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

True. I was assuming he was talking about Auto Attack since he said "my ranger could now use the bow at point blank range"
  5. ARCHIVED-Corydonn Guest

You can. If you slowly back up with walk on you can get to the 10 meter range without the mob moving and you are able to use bow attacks even while having aggro.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

They changed some of the mechanics with DoV release to make melee range equal the 5m max range on most melee CA's for all classes.
    What this means is that as a mob is coming towards you, they can stop at 5m because they can now melee you from there, which also means you have enough room to use your ranged attacks. This makes it seem like you have that ability since when something you pull gets to you, it's no longer standing on top of you. You still can't use ranged CA's and ranged auto attack from inside of 2m unless you're using fabled epic, mythical epic or ennervated epic however.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

Corydonn wrote:
    Sort of. Kind of. 75% of the time.