Can not see Vah Shir racial quest starter

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Arpeggiator, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Arpeggiator New Member

I've been a Vah Shir since rolling, but I can not see the Vah Shir racial quest starter in Shar Vahl, "Tails of the Vah Shir". I've been able to do all the other quests in Shar Vhal including the cloak one. I've checked the Everquest 2 wiki over and over looking for a hint as to what is wrong. It lists absolutely no prerequisites. I've found nothing in the forum. Is there something I'm missing?
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The prerequisites is being a level 120 vah shir, and I *THINK* (can't confirm) you need to have completed one of the signature questlines first.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Well that's so racist and elitist why are Vah Shir excluded from the big cities to celebrate their heritage ?
    All other racial quests where about how each of the races fitted in to the new community they are living in now .
    That means Vah Shir are still outsiders ?, Or are we to proud to seek unity ?
    I still have to argue that lover level members of that race should be allowed to do the racial quests as soon as they can manage to get back home .
    If the reason is that the quests would be to hard for lover than level 120 , how come that that was not a problem for other races can't quests be done in instances that can level sync ?
    Grumble , grumble my " Little " Vah Shir feel so rejected . :(
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

You guys were cut off from access to Norrath for close to 500 years and have been literally extinct for over 50 years in Norrath's timeline. You race was brought back to life only a couple years ago in Norrath's story, and access to Luclin has still only been very recent. You haven't had a chance to even establish a community for yourself in Qeynos yet, and since your home city exists just the same as you remember it, there's no reason to start one. The game just forces you to pick a good-aligned city to start a new toon in strictly for mechanical reasons.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok what about the Aerkyn ?, nobdy has ever been in their homeland .
    All we know about them is they served the dragons and they fought us fiercely .
    I heard they came from another dimension together with their masters , at least a moon circling our planet is still close to home .
    But it does not really matter , because the gods ( the developers of all live and such in our little game universe decided that this time the new race will keep it's distance .
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Aerykin are humans infused with Kerafyrm's essence. Quite literally created as slave-soldiers who didn't know what freedom was until Kerafyrm was defeated. They've had the same amount of time that Luclin has been formed back together to to take refuge in Qeynos and Freeport and start finding who they are, but they were never restricted by a lack of access to Norrath.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for that inside Cusashorn your always a good person to ask about lore .
    That only leaves the fact that low level Vah Shir are basically banished from their homeland .
    The racial quests I guess you could explain with that they have to reach maturity before they can enter the rites of full tribal
    membership .
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

Racist and elitist? Pfff no the vah shir are basically just moon evolved kerrans they already lived on norrath before being throw into the moon and the modern kerrans would be probably not exist if in theory at least two vah shir had not escaped the teleportation magic accident so tecnically they are not outsiders only unlucky for losing their spot on norrath physical world but they can always come back now......
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah the racial quest specifically mentions that you are from Norrath and have never been to your ancestral city before. They at least thought that much out, even if we don't have a lore reason why they start in the good-aligned cities other than for purely mechanical reasons on the game's part.
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Ok ladies I can't do those quests , because I don't have a level 120 Vah Shir , so thank you for telling me about the lore .
    I have some lower level Vah Shir and they feel lost and locked out from the only world they ever knew .
    They got fished out of the ocean and nobody explained to them how they got there .
    I play it how it would appear to such a person , true , she would have no idea there is such a thing as a racial quest ,
    but once you can get back to your home ( at what level ? ) I think the quest's should be an option at level 110 .
    I got angry for nothing .
    I am already on Norrath and went through all those places , once I get to level 120 , I would think they told the fact I am from there to the little ones in stories .
    I got an idea , maybe the Kerra mentor could tell all Vah Shir who come to her or him something like
    hello there you look like one of my ancestors " and you could answer " I am Vah Shir, is this Norrath ?"
    and the Kerra could say " yes , but I can not tell you about your past or how you fit into this world now you will have to go back to where your kin lives now ."
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

you seem angry too angry.....anyway the whole reign of shadows expansion half is about the vah shir culture so my advice get one of your vah shir to 120 and go learn all you want and can....
    Schmetterling likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ooh I am not angry anymore you ladies explained a lot to me , and I don't think that my level 49 Kaladim toon will get to level 120 any time soon .
    they could also ad something like a little video for Vah Shir before they end up on the boat that shows a shaman
    sending them of as ambassador to Norrath or a leader telling them that there is a connection open to the old home lands and he sends you of to check it out .
    Breanna likes this.