Can I boost An Already Created Character?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by ThatEQ2Guy, Jan 5, 2017.

1. ThatEQ2Guy New Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to EQ2 as a whole, but have leveled my Wizard to 49 and 57 Sage. I was wondering if you can boost an already created character as the title says, thanks.
  2. dorotea Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't know. Welcome to EQ2.

You might consider trying out other classes at lower level on the off-chance that you find one you really like, even if not as much as the wizard. That way you can boost that one and not "waste" the 49 levels you have already gotten.

Also since you obviously want to get to high level without seeing the content on the way - consider agnostics for the wizard if you might have a use for the boost for another character later on. There are many groups in Crypt of Agony that include a geared level 100 clearing large parts of the zone very quickly. This works like a power level for everyone else - in 4 days I got 4 characters from level 1 to levels 100, 100, 80 and 50. Granted these were longer days than most people have time to play and there was double xp for most of them, but even so you can raise a level 49 pretty fast.

None of which is to say its a bad idea to just boost the wizard now but since you are new I thought I would mention a few considerations.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Yes. but only the adventure level. It can't be undone, though, so make sure you use it on the character you really want to boost.
    Kittybock likes this.
  4. Steelviper Active Member

You can boost your character to... what is it now, level 95? "Heroic toon". Simply /camp to the character selection screen, select that particular toon you want to boost, and click the level 95 button on the left side. However it's not free but costs a sizeable amount of DB Cash = real life money to get some if you don't have it.
    You can boost the toon to 95 for free too, to try it out, but I don't remember if you can level up with it at all, and also you won't be able to access Bank or Broker until you unlock it to full 95 Heroic Toon with the DBC. You get a full level 95 gear with the boost, however, and a decent mount too.
  5. santargria Well-Known Member

Yes - I'm assuming you're talking about the 100 boost with the new xpac?

The issue I always have with this, is wasting the boost.
    What I mean is - should I boost a level 50 toon to 100 get a bonus of 50% or should I boost a new toon from level 1 and get a 100% bonus?

I tend to go with the latter and boost my lowest toons - if I have none I create a new one and boost that one
    AngryConjy likes this.
  6. Anhari Active Member

Answer is yes, to both the DBC Bought Heroic --> 95th level, and the boost to 100 you get for buying the newest X-Pack. The former can be done for each character you have (if you want to shell out 34$ apiece or wait 7 months between(, but the level 100 boost can only be done ONCE per account.

Hope this is clear as mud my friend!
    Kittybock likes this.
  7. Billzbub Active Member

Wow, can you imagine how much work and time it would take to boost a brand new character to 100 and then do Epic 2.0?
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

That new player would definitely get a good value for their money.
  9. santargria Well-Known Member

I believe there are quite a few players these day not doing the Epic 2.0 because of a few of the requirements, just as there are quite a few going for it.

I know I for one won't be attempting it - however getting a level 1 toon and boosting it would be of benefit if trying a new server - which is what I'm currently mulling over
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

I'll eventually do Epic 2.0, but I'm not in a rush.
    santargria likes this.