Can F2P accounts buy items from the Broker? (Auction House)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Akikoto, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Akikoto New Member

I read the Wiki and it said full broker access was "limited" and I didn't see any mention of it saying we can't buy items off the broker. I really want to jump back into EQ2 after years. As a F2P account, getting the experience of the game up close to F2P cap before I decide if I want to go all in with expacs. I remember buying items off the broker as I leveled to fill gear gaps in was awesome. But that's when I was subbed way back. I had played up to CoE back then and times were good.

Edit: Ah seems you can :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Silver member can. This is not offered anymore though. Silver can buy but only sell with broker tokens from the market place. If you have an old silver account then you can buy. Again if new, then you don't get the option. Basically, if you are unsubbed and can talk in chat channels and buy off the broker, you are silver. If you cannot, you are bronze. So don't go thinking that new people have these ftp options..
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  3. Balcerak Well-Known Member

In all honesty, the lower levels have been made easy enough that I'd think you wouldn't need the broker for anything. You can buy broker credits using DBC if you want to at 50 DBC per 10 credits.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Akikoto New Member

It seems I'm a silver account. Phew. Thanks for the replies folks.
    Soara2, Siren, Balcerak and 1 other person like this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, 5 bucks worth of tokens carries me for about a year and well worth the 5 bucks. I only sell expensive items though. Which started out as oak trees. Lol. Now it's more like rare harvests and Kronos usually..
    Siren and Breanna like this.