Can anyone explain this damage rating?

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Kenn, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Kenn Well-Known Member

[IMG]

The right side has higher stats, but the damage rating is lower. How is the damage rating calculated?
  2. Malachy Well-Known Member

Damage rating is based on the melee damage/delay time (pure autoattack rating), it does not consider stats, effects, etc.

Word of advice -- if you use L&L weapons, ABSOLUTELY right click the item, scribe the recipe and craft the upgrade, because it significantly gives higher melee dmg. Same is true of armor, the mitigation on the crafted version is much higher than the dropped version. Neither of these are hard capped anywhere.

Most people use Velious weapons for the yellow adornment slots and higher dmg ratings since most blue stats are capped by the time you get mostly 85 stat L&L gear anyway.

Every item slot you don't use L&L gear, there should be a good reason to do it (yellow adornment you have, a great item effect, or higher dmg rating).
  3. Kenn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the crafting advice. I haven't tried crafting yet. I can't seem to solo the armor quest line which requires only me go in the dungeon. Maybe this will help.
  4. Ayodi Active Member

Bow on left has higher Delay. Bow on right shoots more often. It the delays were equal.............. well you get it.

-Ayodi