Can a necro become invisible?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Abbarach, Dec 23, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Abbarach Guest

Can a necro cast invi on him or has he an abbilitie to become invi?
  2. ARCHIVED-Ethros Guest

You get invis before you become a necro at level 17 or 18 i think

Castable on yourself or a group member

Message Edited by Ethros on 12-23-2004 08:58 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

Yes, you can cast invisibility on yourself. I do it often when scouting for harvestables.
  4. ARCHIVED-Abbarach Guest

As a spell?
    Can't find that spell, i'm lvl 25
  5. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

yeah as a spell...
  6. ARCHIVED-Ethros Guest

The spell is simply called invisibility, hit "K" to go to your knowledge in game, click spells up top. then click the next button at the bottom. The invis spell should be one of the icons somewhere on that page. (Note: to cast this spell on yourself you must target yourself first)
    Message Edited by Ethros on 12-23-2004 10:21 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

Nice spell, needed to get my wife out of a dungeon, cast it on her and she headed out, once she was safe, I cast it on myself and proceeded out. Has anyone else noticed that if you cast it on one player, when you try to cast it on another it fades on the first. Just means I have to get everyone else out first then proceed out myself, oh well another workaround.
  8. ARCHIVED-WorldModeling Guest

To target yourself hit F1

I for the longest time thought it could only be cast on allies. Clicking on yourself won't target you unless you enable it in options.
  9. ARCHIVED-Orochifunk Guest

That's really useful to know, thanks alot! :smileyvery-happy:
  10. ARCHIVED-Tzenn_ Guest

I have a question regarding invisibility to you higher lvl Necs out there.

Since we can only cast invis on one person in the group, are we able to cast the higher level invis on one person, then the summoner's invis on another?

If that works, is the summoner's invis even worth using at that point, ie is it too low level to be useful?
  11. ARCHIVED-Xankin Guest

If you go ahead and cast Invisibility on an ally and wait a painfully long time (90 seconds comes to mind, but I don't know exactly how long) you can invis more folks in the group or yourself a well. I don't know how useful it is for more than two people since the timer may run out before you get to your third person. =)

It's been a handy way of getting two people down to a spot for shard absortion and stuff. The second cast doesn't pop your original ally's invis so you can invis them and invis yourself and run around happily, so I'm somewhat grateful that they allow you to do that at least, just wish the wait wasn't so long.

I'd hope that I'm just using the spell wrong and there is a faster way to invis folks since I would prefer not to torture myself with waiting that long to recast during moments of crisis. I haven't gotten the level 32 invis spell yet so I can't comment on that one..
    Message Edited by Xankin on 12-27-2004 12:40 PM