Camera spinning upward

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Klalorn, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

You have to change the station.sony.com to daybreakgames.com for the link to work. All of the forum archives from when sony owned the game have been moved to DBG's own forums.
  2. Praetorian Well-Known Member

There has to be a better reason than it's windows code...EQ2 is the only game that does it, and i have A LOT OF GAMES... This is the only DBG title that does it for me. Why is it the game can't be modified to compensate for something obviously in the Windows operating system? If you know the reason why it does it is based on windows code. Isn't that half the battle right there?
    Kheldar, Cheallaigh and Rhodris like this.
  3. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Its one of the more fun "bugs" when your in soulsek's eye and drop 500 feet into a lava pool.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  4. Oaba New Member

Or in Thunder, ice part and you slipper out of the tower.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  5. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

so my cpu died, and on thurs i replaced it, the mb, and the ram... and finally put in win10. i now regret it even more, the spin is pretty much constant and far worse than when i had 7.
  6. Nerkoon Member

After yesterdays Windows 10 April 2018 Update this situation got totally out of hand. I cannot harvest a single node without my camera spinning to point to sky and clicking most mobs cause same effect now. It was annoying feature, now it is total game breaker for me.

I have tried all solutions I have seen and none of them work. And this only happens in Eq2, so it is for sure bug in game code. If this is not fixed I have to close my sub, uninstall and find something else to do because game is not playable for me anymore.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

This thread was started in 2013, when they had a relatively robust development team. Now that they are laying off people, I think you can already know that it's not going to be fixed.
    Juraiya, Kheldar, Quillyne and 2 others like this.
  8. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

All I can do is just try and catch myself when it happens and try to get my hand off the mouse and regroup. It's made me consider cancelling my sub as well. Like Dude said....at this point it's probably here to stay.
    Kheldar and Dude like this.
  9. Nerkoon Member

There is some truth in your words. Still amount of Windows 10 users is not decreasing, but quite the opposite. This bug is much more common with Windows 10 than earlier versions, so if Daybreak does not fix it they will eventually lose their business as players leave.
    Kheldar, Utulme and Dude like this.
  10. Seni Active Member

That update included a few new features that probably touched the Windows mouse code. There is a "better" way to pair bluetooth, and they specifically made sure one of their bluetooth mice was supported. There are also many new effects when you hover with a mouse over icons, your taskbar, or menu items. Any of these could have made the upturn issue worse - especially the hover one.

I wouldn't expect the EQ devs to be able to mitigate operating system changes, or changes to any other piece of software. Microsoft changes their code so frequently it would be a losing battle to try to keep up. What you can do, though, is go through your Windows 10 settings with a fine-tooth comb and see if there are any options to turn off these new features. There are also new settings in the Graphics area specifically for gaming performance that might be worth messing with.
  11. redindus Active Member

Sometimes small object such as hair or cat hair can cause this glitch. Make sure your mouse is clean as well the pad, before doing any of these tips.
    Lateana likes this.
  12. Tekka Well-Known Member

The point being missed is that for many, or most, folks with this issue is that it's ONLY EQ2. It doesn't happen at all in other games. So it doesn't matter if Microsoft changes their code once per month or once per day, if The Team aren't able to make their code compatible - when all the other leading titles in the genre can - it's going to have a negative impact on their business.

It's incumbent on The Team to address and fix problems with their code, not the consumer.
    ConcealFate, Tkia, Juraiya and 4 others like this.
  13. Elinea Well-Known Member

This does happen in other games though. A simple Google search showed me results from other the forums of other games, along with this thread in the results. Steam games, Half Life 2, Counterstrike, even Minecraft. I have a feeling it's either the mouse drivers, or windows version of the mouse drivers. Maybe it's got to do with the engine the game uses not interacting well with the mouse drivers.

The thing that clinches it for me is that my husband and I have identical computer systems and play the same games. I use a wireless trackball mouse, and he uses a wired gaming mouse. He has never had the spinning camera problem on this game, or any other.
  14. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

I use win 10 and the spinning around then looking at the sky is getting bad Now I have to ride a flying mount in zones where I can fall off or other wise I will spin around and fall to my death ( which I have) it started in 2013 that is simply horrible to think its been happening that long and not in the other games I have played EVER only eq2.
    Daybreak at least try to fix it or tell us how to fix it.
  15. Nerkoon Member

You missed the main point: It only happen in Everquest 2!
  16. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i had the issue bad in win7, but had to replace my mb, etc so went to win10 a few weeks ago... it's pretty much constant and i do use a wired mouse.
  17. Castegyre Well-Known Member

There is a difference between finding examples of it happening in a few games at different points in time over the years and people having a consistent problem with it happening in this game since at least 2013 given the age of the OP.

If it happens to different people using different machines with different versions of Windows than there is more involved than a specific version or update for Windows.

If other games can remain largely uneffected by a driver update or changes to Windows than pointing out such a thing as the excuse for why EQ2 might be doing it more for some players only makes EQ2 look worse, not Windows or any various hardware/software provider.

The problem, as has been pointed out more than once in this thread, predates this thread. It is not specific to this game, but this game is far worse than most other games many of us have played.

I don't believe this will ever get fixed due in part to lack of resources. Perhaps due to lack of ability. Regardless, pretending it doesn't exist and hasn't persisted isn't helping anyone. Neither is blaming the user.
    ConcealFate, Juraiya, Kheldar and 5 others like this.
  18. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

It also doesn't matter if your mouse is wireless, blue tooth or not - it happens to me a lot and I have a wired mouse.
  19. Elinea Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wasn't saying anything condescending or anything else. I was just making an observation that my husband and I have identical systems (we built them at the same time with the same parts) and play the same games. It happens to me all the time, and not him. The only difference between us is a different mouse. It doesn't prove or disprove anything...just an observation.
    Kheldar likes this.
  20. Seni Active Member

I was replying to the person who had the problem increase after the April Windows 10 update, and giving some suggestions that they could try. Did you even read my reply and who I quoted before you told me I "forgot this only happens with EQ2"?

And no, it doesn't only happen in EQ2. But do you realize the mouse code for this game was probably written before the game came out? That whoever goes back in there to look at it to try to fix this bug is not the original developer and has a mountain to climb in terms of fixing it? Code is hard, especially when the underlying OS constantly changes. There are also many on record in this thread alone saying it does not only happen in EQ2.

Windows has put out hotfixes for this starting with the problem becoming worse in Win 8.1 for many games. Did you know that? Companies could also provide registry fixes if they figured out what a way to mitigate it from their end. When something in your software goes wonky because of a Windows update, you usually have to work with the Windows team to figure it out. I've been there and seen that many times - it's Window's fault, but if you don't want to get yelled at as the software provider, you work with Windows to figure out a fix. They should have done that here but none of us know that they didn't - they could have and just never found a fix for it.

In any case - please have a care whose neck you're jumping down and with what "facts" you do it with. Continue making noise about this problem and it will hopefully get enough attention to get looked at, but don't do it at the expense of others trying to help.
    Unayan and Mugwort like this.