Camera spinning upward

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Klalorn, Jan 17, 2013.

1. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

on the same boat as you. i require mouse look as well. and just over the past few months the camera spin has been happening more and more.
  2. Defender of Hedgehogs Member

OK, it's not fixed entirely, but it's much improved. I'll take a partial win over no win, any day.
  3. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Ok, any updates on a fix for this? since your watching....
  4. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

And yes I know I'm quoting a years old response lol
  5. Stallion New Member

I too get this problem. I have Win 10 and Eq2 on both PC and Laptop. Whats interesting is this only happens on my laptop with the same mouse. I thought it was to do with me not using the same mouse mat as my PC.
  6. Borthday New Member

I find this issue to span over many games, on different machines running different versions of Windows, also with a different mouse. I've seen it for years in Eq2 as well as SWTOR and WoW, just to name a few. Never found a real fix for it, it's currently plaguing my husband in WoW and I still see it in most games I play, at some point or another.

I wouldn't consider it an isolated issue with EQ2, I'm guessing an optical mouse issue, as it seems to happen with many game engines. It even happens in Overwatch with a mouse. Possibly consider changing to a different mouse pad, I noticed it less with changing that out, though it didn't help my husband, he even purchased a new mouse pad and a new mouse, though he bought the same brand of pad, where I picked up a different brand. I could be wrong, but that's my 2cp. I'd love to find out for sure, I've read up on it for many different games, just Google 'mouse spinning in game' and you'll get so many results for different games, with everyone pinning it in this or that, heh.
    Spindle likes this.
  7. Aniko Member

Try TeamViewer (it's free) - 100% mouse problem
    Seni likes this.
  8. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

I have been playing different games over the years as well as Everquest 2. I have never encountered this camera spinning upwards problem in any other game ever. In fact I have never experienced the problem of the camera spinning upward in Everquest 2 until the last year. I have played since launch and have only experienced this like I said over the last year. And it has been worse over the last couple months. So in my experience this has nothing to do with the mouse or a long-lasting problem. I realize there are posters from as far back as 2013 on this issue on this thread at least but my problems with the camera spinning upward are far more recent. Anyone else have this problem just start happening over the last year?
  9. Seni Active Member

Team Viewer is good (I'll be using it for remote desktop purposes to the game/media server when it's finished), but Synergy is for a slightly different usage scenario. It's like having two side-by-side monitors on the same computer, only it's two computers. So when you move your mouse past the right edge of your left monitor, it smoothly enters monitor (and computer) two from the left. When your mouse is "in" that second computer, you can also type there. It's pretty cool, and handy as hell.
  10. Monkybones Member

It's not just the mouse view for me and my wife. We use our mouse to move. So while we're running around, our mouse will jump to straight up or reverse direction. When that happens we go where the mouse goes.

And example is running across a narrow bridge and the mouse view reverses. Off the bridge we go. Or straight into the agro mob we're running away from. The bottom line here is it's not just cosmetic and effects our game. We both have been killed because the mouse wigs out at times.

We both have:

Windows 10 ( but it did this with 7 also )
    Naga wired mouse.

ONLY happens in eq2.
    Lateana, Juraiya and Cheallaigh like this.
  11. Stunmyster New Member

I have this problem as well, but a few config changes have DRASTICALLY reduced the number of occurrences.

Windows 10 - 64bit
    Wired keyboard and mouse
    I run the program windowed, not full screen

I changed settings in the Compatibility tab of both the EQ2.exe and Everquest2.exe files as follows:
    checked box for "Disable fullscreen optimizations"
    checked box for "Run this program as an administrator"
    checked the box to "Override high DPI scaling behavior"
    from the drop-down I chose "System (Enhanced)"

Hopefully this will help some others. Instead of looking straight up several times a minute it occurs a few times an hour.
    Your mileage may vary... ;)
    Lateana likes this.
  12. Krastis Member

I also have this problem and have had for the last few months. It's completely annoying, so far no deaths just near ones.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  13. jaytin69 New Member

My husband and I came back a month ago and this problem with the camera is driving us nuts! I've fallen to my death twice and also fallen into the sea and had to swim for miles until I found somewhere to get out! Can someone please sort this out?
    I have played EQ2 on and off since Beta and this has never happened before....:(
    ConcealFate likes this.
  14. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it's really fun in KoS or other places that are islands that you fall to your death on.
    ConcealFate and jaytin69 like this.
  15. Deceidon New Member

I have this happen occasionally in both EQ2 and SWTOR. Camera will random jump to a viewpoint from my character's feet pointing straight up.
  16. Monkybones Member

It sure would be nice to get an official reply about this. Died twice last night because of it. Running across a bridge over a bottomless pit and then instantly looking straight up and run off the bridge. Dead!

PLEASE look into this very serious issue. Only happens in EQ2.
    jaytin69 and ConcealFate like this.
  17. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I have tried everything in the thread, and no luck. It just gets worse. I did notice that one person said his problem went away when he started using a stand up desk. This may hold promise. I noticed than I have my mouse positioned above my arm. My husband does not have this issue and his arm is positioned above his mouse. Possibly, the mouse's optical scanner is somehow related to arm position. To test this, I repositioned my mouse by holding it with my fingertips and saw some improvement.
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

Very anoying - happens very often for me in towerbreach

A guildie said his spinning vanished after getting a synchtonized Monitor; so i dont think it's a hardware (=mouse) issue
  19. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Totally agree, it's about time something was at least addressed on this issue. It happens all the time now.
  20. Lysaria New Member

Chiming in to add to the pile here! This makes me super dizzy and I've tried everything in this thread and others, and nothing can seem to fix it!