Camera spinning upward

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Klalorn, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Heinzy Active Member

I've been playing eq2 since the start and this problem has been plaguing me for such a long time I can't even remember when it started. (multiple pcs, mouses, laptops and windows versions)

Easily reproducible for those who live with this, head to PoM (seems worst there) simply right click to the side of your char 15-30 times and more than likely the camera will zip 180 to 90deg. and point straight up. you'll notice this also when flying and the game will fight you by trying to pull you around like a DC10.
    Kheldar and ConcealFate like this.
  2. Shilmyst New Member

I just want to throw my 2 cents worth in here too. My wife and I have this same issue happening more often than not. I've also noticed the last time a dev of ANY kind even posted to this thread or any thread like it was "TSR-AlexS, Jul 12, 2013" so it seems to be another instance of they really don't care.
    Kheldar likes this.
  3. Drona Well-Known Member

One suggestion I read as a workaround is to do the following,

1. Run the launcher and get the game updated if required.
    2. Then CLOSE the launcher and run the game directly from using everquest2.exe

I only tried this last night and played for an hour and I didn't have the camera issue. However I am not sure whether thats luck or not so I will be testing this method and see what happens. It will be nice if other people can try this method and report back.
  4. Revel Well-Known Member

Happening to me an multiple people in my guild, its happening so much its starting to detract from my enjoyment of the game because I use right mouse quite a bit.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  5. yuiop Member

Ya its been getting bad :(
  6. Conifur Well-Known Member

Agree, but you should feel lucky if that is the only thing detracting from the enjoyment for you.
  7. Grouse Active Member

I used to two box a lot using a Linux VM and didn't have any problems for the first couple of years. Now, I find it almost impossible to run under a VM on my MacBook. When I do, I am forced to use the arrow keys as anytime I use the mouse keys I find myself looking up... and have a difficult time recentering.

Question: Is there a set of direction keys for moving up and down? I haven't found a way to land my flying mount without touching the mouse, immediately leading to a crash landing.
  8. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Space key moves the flying mount up.
    Page Up and Page Down keys change the vertical direction of a flying mount.
  9. Juraiya Well-Known Member

X heads you straight downward, no matter what direction you're facing. The space key sends you straight upward.

Page up and Page down change how far upward or downward you are facing, if you then use directional keys to move.

That said, it still doesn't help the spinning upward you get if you have to click anywhere on the screen for any reason, or if you use the mouse to change your direction just slightly or to look in a different direction from where you're going.
  10. Conna New Member

Like so many others, I've been having this issue for so long I can't remember. None of the fixes listed helped, but one of them did mention in game mouse acceleration. I started looking through options. Found this.. Controls > Mouse Settings > Smooth Mouse. I unchecked it. For the past week I haven't had the spin issue. Hopefully it stays that way.
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  11. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Thanks Conna, I'll definitely try it this evening.
  12. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Disabling Smooth Mouse option definitely helped with the issue. The frequency of mouse jumps reduced to one or two per hour. It comes at costs of smooth camera movement though. It is not too significant, still, it is noticeable in some areas.
    I am going to use this option as a temporary solution until DBG finds a fix for it.
  13. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I told folks in guild about this, and they were like "we use Profit UI, we don't see "smooth mouse". I then told them to not be in basic settings, but to be in advanced. Voila, the box to uncheck appeared!

Thanks, Conna. This seems to be working so far! HUZZAH.
  14. Ruckus Well-Known Member

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  15. Solarius New Member

Disabling this smooth mouse setting and adding the registry hack that can zero out the mouse acceleration slope Windows 10 adds behind the scenes helped a lot. Didn't kill the problem completely but reduced it a lot.
    Search google for "markc smooth mouse" to find the youtube video and registry hack if interested.
  16. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Seems like jumping camera issue has been fixed by DBG. Playing for one hour with Smooth Mouse enabled and having not a single camera jump so far.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Elinea Well-Known Member

I'm messing around on Test right now, and just happened even with smooth mouse disabled. It seems to happen with much less frequency though.
  18. Elinea Well-Known Member

As a side note, I noticed that playing without the smooth mouse enabled, the jittery screen gives me a headache...so I might as well put it back :(
  19. Tekka Well-Known Member

Camera spin has NOT been fixed, smooth mouse or not.

It's an intermittent problem and always has been since it first cropped up.

Sometimes I go a few days with no spin, and then on days like today, I don't even bother to use my mouse unless I absolutely have to.

Only in EQ2.
    Cheallaigh and Rhodris like this.
  20. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

My camera jumps in ESO about once per hour. It probably has something to do with my mouse. In EQ2 camera spin happens too, but at much lower rate compared to what it was before Tuesday's patch, about once or twice per hour.