Camera spinning upward

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Klalorn, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Kalnok New Member

Just came back to game and brought a couple friends that never played it before with me -- all of us are having this issue. Seriously annoying. Pretty telling that not one comment from a developer. Since returning clearly see many issues from years past are still here, no real improvements to the quality of game. More interested in getting people to spend those DBC than making real strides. Damn shame. Always liked this game. Looks like it will be a 3 month sub and then moving on again.
    SwashbucklerWoman likes this.
  2. Probe One Member

Developer insights are tucked away on Discord.
    https://discordapp.com/invite/dscvuK5 ?

Most recent Dev insight was on 4/4/2018.
    Cheallaigh posted that earlier in this thread.
    [IMG]

Reach Fyreflyte through https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?members/fyreflyte.424/
    [IMG]

How to get a linkable image from a screen shot?
    Try downloading through https://imgbb.com/ https://imgbb.com/tos
  3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

4. Probe One Member

"If you get killed, walk it off." Captain America

That thing, which gets threads and posters terminated when mentioned, happened in April. Frye's open forum account has "Last Activity May 3, 2018" and he was active on Discord last week. Might be reachable, but no guarantee on a response.

Or the zombie apocalypse happened in development, and something is walking it off. :confused:
  5. Krastis Member

The camera spin has gotten 10 times worse since win 10 had huge update yesterday for me. The game is unplayable at the moment I may have to canx my sub.
  6. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

7. Buba Active Member

Changing the Max FPS to 30 under eq2 options worked for both my wife and me.
    Link likes this.
  8. Gerak Well-Known Member

Where is the MAX FPS setting found? Which group of settings is it under?

Found it. Advanced button - Performance at the bottom
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

10. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

11. Gerak Well-Known Member

This started for me with the Microsoft update on 5/17. Since I updated my computer, I was getting a twitch about every 5 minutes. Since I changed my Max FPS setting to 30 I have not had a single occurrence in 2 hours of playing. I will update if this changes.
  12. Krastis Member

I want to thank who ever came up with the 30 fps so far its working no camera spin since over 2 hours ago once again thanks
    Rosyposy likes this.
  13. semisus Does not play this game

i know many have this problem since last windows update , for me i went back to previus version of win10 and it stopped the spinning thing , but thats not a solution for everyone
    I hope you can look around into a potential fix cause many will not load it so they can only have 30 fps when we bought systems for 90+
  14. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

They say it's tied into windows code... it's believable that there is some issue with Windows and EQ2, but if it were purely a Windows thing, it would be happening regardless of which game is played. If I were the EQ2 devs, I'd be ringing up Microsoft to find out how they can work together to resolve the problem. It's not like the user base for Windows 10 is shrinking or anything...
  15. Nerkoon Member

Considering that other games do not suffer of this bug I would say that Eq2 devs are just trying to offload blame to Microsoft. Main problem creating this bug is somewhere in Eq2 code and it does not go away until Eq2 devs fix it.

Since game devs for other games can do it, fixing stuff like this is clearly not impossible or even very hard actully since even Indie developers can do it. Problem is that daybreak is unwilling to put resources to find and fix real cause of this problem. But they really, really should do it: Windows 10 is more and more common. When new players come and immediately hit this bug, they quit. And older players are doing the same or considering doing it. That is bad for Daybreak business and bad for Eq2.
  16. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Maybe they'll think about fixing it after June 5... ;)
    Tkia, Castegyre and Tekka like this.
  17. Billzbub Active Member

Max 30 FPS worked for me, too.
  18. Majestic Member

Another semi solution found. It is unfortunately costly but has made the camera issue tolerable though still there… had to upgrade my video card, and mouse. However, after the last DB update. The camera issue returned but as I said earlier is much less frequent and tolerable. Oh yeah, and didn’t need to play with FPS or other settings after I upgraded video card and mouse. I know this not a permanent fix and not for everyone but at least can play game until maybe/perhaps they find a fix for this..
  19. Nilyana Active Member

I was having this problem before, but after the update it was unbearable. Seemed like every three clicks it would happen. Thankfully, lowering my FPS down to 30 seems to have helped. Not a great solution, though. Would be nice if they put an actual fix through. Haven't been having this issue at all in any of the other games I play, so while I believe there's something about windows which is causing it (which is why updates are making it worse for some), it doesn't seem like it makes a lot of sense to say it's all on windows.
  20. Buggabug Active Member

Been having this issue, asked my husband to have a look. He ticked the synchronize refresh and rebooted the game. Not had any problems with it now for 2 days. Have now done it with 3 different machines all so far so good. Hope it helps some others. ;)
    Simparri and Rosyposy like this.