Camera spinning upward

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Klalorn, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Savaj New Member

Didn't realize I wasn't the only one with this issue. Been driving me nuts.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  2. Nerkoon Member

Windows just got first fixes after April 2018 Update, so I tested game again and bug is still there as nasty as ever.

My sub gets billed in two days (1 month recurring). After that has happened I will cancel it and will not be re-subbing until this bug is fixed. It is game breaker for me.
    NrthnStar5 and ConcealFate like this.
  3. Neverlein Member

I have had this problem for a long time, but it only happened occasionally. Since the last server down (8 May 2018) it has become much worse. Even if you click on a Shinie or an NPC, the Char turns and you usually see the sky. It's no fun, if you have to orientate yourself again and again. All concerned can only hope that Daybreak finally gets this problem under control.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it's pretty much a constant thing for me now *sigh*
    ConcealFate likes this.
  5. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Yup, it's happening all the time. Unplayable in this state.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  6. Tygg New Member

This problem is increasingly frequent now
    ConcealFate likes this.
  7. Neverlein Member

We all pay a lot of money for this game. Since one should be able to expect that such a thing does not occur or at least only a few times. It's not that this problem has been around for a short time, it has been around for years. And as I said, since the last server down it is worse than ever with me. I'm thinking of whether or not to quit at some point, because I want to have a game and not annoy me constantly when I click on an NPC, a Shinie a door or collecting material and then look, if the direction I had , still true.
  8. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

For me, I won't even consider spending money on EQ2 until this issue is resolved. When basic controls are broken in a game, there is just no justification to pay to play.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  9. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

What it comes down to is this......DB knows there is a problem and has acknowledged it. It's not a mouse issue or an issue with any particular version of windows...so people who still say it is can stop. The issue is too difficult for DB to resolve at this time. In no way, shape or form is that a poke at DB's staff because I have zero technical expertise when it comes to computers. I just hope they continue to explore ways to resolve it.
    Castegyre likes this.
  10. Vunder Well-Known Member

These are the changes I made to my system.
    Sorry i forgot about this.

IT COULD BE A COINCIDENCE

However, Since I changed it and gotten used to the new way my mouse works I have never had it spin up and work.
    One change is to the mouse the other is to Tcpip I changed both at same time and the spin went away and im not playing with it to figure out why.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{NIC-id}
    For the {NIC-id}, look for the one with your IP address listed.
    Under this {NIC-id} key, create the following DWORD value:
    TcpAckFrequency and set it to 1
    TCPNoDelay and set it also to 1
    TcpDelAckTicks and set it to 0

change

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]
    "ActiveWindowTracking"=dword:00000000
    "Beep"="No"
    "DoubleClickHeight"="4"
    "DoubleClickSpeed"="450"
    "DoubleClickWidth"="4"
    "ExtendedSounds"="No"
    "MouseHoverHeight"="4"
    "MouseHoverTime"="400"
    "MouseHoverWidth"="4"
    "MouseSensitivity"="10"
    "MouseSpeed"="2"
    "MouseThreshold1"="0"
    "MouseThreshold2"="0"
    "MouseTrails"="0"
    "SnapToDefaultButton"="0"
    "SwapMouseButtons"="0"
    "SmoothMouseXCurve"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
    "SmoothMouseYCurve"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\
  11. Dabb Active Member

A temporary fix is going into Options > Adv Display > Maximum FPS set that to 30 and click accept.
  12. Neverlein Member

Many Thanks. Did it so and so far everything is going well. Hopefully it will stay like that.
  13. Nerkoon Member

If that really works my 144Hz Freesync monitor is going to get nervous breakdown...

I have invested a lot to my computer to make sure that fps stays always above 60 (90+ if possible), so for me 30 is like timejump back to ten years ago.
  14. Xaaz New Member

It didn't eliminate it but it did slow it down a lot. The spinning went from almost every 3rd click to a couple times an hour with that FPS change. Not the best solution but at least partially playable.
  15. Thand Well-Known Member

For Windows 10 to disable dpi scaling you click on everquest2.exe right click select proprieties then go to comparability tab. check Override High dpi scaling behavior then in the drop down select Application, then hit apply. this will disable Windows dpi scaling for everquest. It Might fix the problem
    Beee likes this.
  16. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Tried the fps fix, and the dps scaling fix. And oddly enough, setting max fps still had me going at 80fps regardless. But it took it down from 120+ at least. The dpi scaling fixed it for the first few minutes of playing. But after those few minutes, every 3-4 clicks my camera goes insane and looks in a very random direction instantly.

And considering the age of this thread, its not a bug that will get any attention :(
  17. Torquem Active Member

Windows 10 april update has made my mouse completely mad. The 30 fps solution has somewhat fixed the issue, but, sorry, that's not satisfying.
  18. semisus Does not play this game

after win update this is happening all the time for me , i was doing hate pq earlier and every time i wanted to harvest this happened and its really frustrating
    will try what people suggests here though and see if it helps
  19. wheelz00 Member

Well, add me to the list of victims of this nasty bug. It started happening once in a great while to me a few weeks ago, but since the last Windows 10 update it happens with almost every mouse click (right and left). The game is basically unplayable for me now. I've been playing since launch day. I never thought that something like this would be the reason that I stopped played.
  20. wheelz00 Member

I should also note that it is especially irksome when trying to do the A Gathering Obsession signature quest.