Calling All Test Server Decorators!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno, Marketplaces and such like can be done well...especially if the customers are listened to. ;->

And unfortunately, from what I've heard (not that I play any other computer game nowadays ;->), DBG isn't the only company to have the customers do Beta testing...it's just galling to have to pay for the privilege. :-/

When I was helping out in the brick-and-mortar world with a seasonal event, complete with a temporary structure (haunted houses, for the nosy ;->), my boss insisted that we start planning the thing out long before even the summer months, so we could get started on building (or renovating an existing place; still needed to do the "re-skinning" and room-making inside, regardless) while we had the longest hours of daylight to work through. And getting permits, even for a temp. place, could take weeks, and having Fire Marshal safety inspections, etc., etc., etc. Plus, a full third of the budget went directly into -- gasp! -- ADVERTISING. This was in southern California, where everybody, and I do mean everybody, has a ton of different, exciting entertainment options. If they didn't know we existed and wanted to come to our place, nothing would happen for us and revenue would not be there. :-/

Granted, it's probably way different in a business where everything is virtual but the hardware, but I can't imagine that it would be that much different...especially if new zones are involved, possibly new mechanics, a horde of new NPCs/monsters/etc., with less staff than they'd had in the past as SOE, and if DBG is relying on new expacs every year as their big ticket items, seriously, they really ought to be hard at work on the next one by at least mid-April at the latest. :-/

Uwk
    who could tell tales...
    Pixistik likes this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

ADVERTISING..yea, that ain't gonna happen here. lol
    I gave up on that a very long time ago
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! As did probably Denmum and the others with us derailing their thread... :D

Sorry, folks! Returning you now to your thread already in progress. :)

Uwk
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Sorry Denmum, I didn't do it on purpose.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nor I... :)

Uwk
    around whom these derailments just seem to happen... :D
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Heh.

Anyyyyywayyyyy, those who asked for access should have it. Have fun running amok! The dungeon will be sticking around for quite a while, and we've plenty of items waiting to go in there. :D