Call of the Veteran

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Trynbuy, Apr 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trynbuy Member

Call of the Veteran has not been working for several days please fix
    Chris Thompson, Carynn and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

I've been using it, it is functional.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Trynbuy Member

I just try it no luck
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

I have better luck with it when i equip it to my charm slot and use it from there, but still there are days where i cant get it to work and some days no problems.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Trynbuy Member

could a DEV PLEASE give me a response why my CALL OF THE VETERAN is not working. I try it ever day
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Questions: Where are you trying it, and to what zone/location? Some zones and locations (for example near zone entrance/exit doorways) tend to be too close to portals to other places, and won't work, or some zones do not support use of COV, like certain raid zones. Zones in which you cannot have a mercenary also tend not to support use of the call, neither into or out of the zone. However, if you can get into the zone in which you want to call to someone, like just landing in the entrance, you could probably use a call of the tinkerer or racial teleport in that place if you're trying to get somewhere far away or difficult.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Tyger Member

I've noticed that it doesn't work a lot with lower level characters.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Trynbuy Member

I am in the basement on Fisf's Alehouse and Inn in Qeynos Harbor (good character) level 56
    on the Antonica docks (evil character) level 10
    no pets or mounts or familiars or companion
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

Is it just NEVER working? Or sometimes? It's always been finnicky, I get like a 80% success rate with it.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Trynbuy Member

11. JanEQ Active Member

Have you tried to use CoV just outside of the basement? (not on the stairs)
  12. Chris Thompson Active Member

House walls are mushy. I've had awful luck with CoV inside houses and guild halls. The portal is there, but it's beyond a wall.
    Go outside.
  13. Trynbuy Member

Try all that no luck
  14. Jaeded Well-Known Member

So are you saying that you don't even get the shimmery portal? For most the portal will come up but when you click to teleport to someone or bring someone to you, that is the part that doesn't always work.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Trynbuy Member

Have shimmery portal but nothing happens when clicking on it windows come up but will not send or bring
  16. Chris Thompson Active Member

Um, you ARE trying to port to a group member, or bring a group member to you, right? You have to be grouped.
    Sorry if that's too obvious, but it needed to be asked.
  17. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

CoV is very particular.
    You cannot call someone to you if you are in a city that is a different alignment as them (I.E. if you are a good character in Qeynos you cannot call an evil player to you). If the zone you are in has any requirements to enter (level, access quest) you can't call them to you unless they meet the requirements. If the person is travelling (using griffons, teleport pads, etc.) it will fail. If they're in combat, if they are in the water...there's a lot that can cause CoV to fail.

If this is the circumstance:
    I am in the basement on Fisf's Alehouse and Inn in Qeynos Harbor (good character) level 56
    on the Antonica docks (evil character) level 10

The evil person cannot be called to you. They will either need to zone in to the city themselves or you will need to place a guild flag if they are in the same guild as you and you have that amenity.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Trynbuy Member

thanks use guild flag
  19. Chris Thompson Active Member

OK My CoV has stopped working. One character in Kunzar Jungle, the other in South Qeynos. Both good alignment. Both level 110. Standing in the open, nowhere near any plants, walls, or Druid ring. Got the portal, the other group member got the message, but no teleport. Dismissed the second player's merc, tried again, same result- got message, no 'port. Took the second player to Moors of Ykesha, tried again, exact same thing as first two tries. I am going to try equipping it in charm slot after the cooldown period, but if it needs to be in that slot, it shouldn't function at all if you use it from inventory- not to mention it always used to work from inventory. It's definitely broken now.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Bludd Well-Known Member

Yep sometimes it just doesnt work :(
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.