Call of the Veteran STILL not working 75% of the time!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-ZUES, Oct 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

Zoltaroth wrote:
    However, would this "phantom hate" last thru logging out for an entire weekend, logging in and CoV not working?
  2. ARCHIVED-Zoltaroth Guest

ZUES wrote:
    No - there is nothing that I can think of that would persist through a logout. If you have reproducable steps that make that happen send them to me or post them here.
  3. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

Wish I knew a way to reproduce it but I don't. Promise if when it happens again I'll send you a message. Thanks for the replies man. This is a very old problem and we're just glad it's getting some attention!
  4. ARCHIVED-Maikeruu Guest

For the Nektulos issue it could be the plants that toss allergy attacks at you. Zoltaroth tried in the river, but anywhere you may have walked by the plants could add you to a hate list. At least that could explain an issue unique to that zone.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Zoltaroth wrote:
    I've been posting for years its related to the hate list cleanup =/
  6. ARCHIVED-liquidtroll Guest

at least you learned not to test solo next time. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-KNINE Guest

they should just make this to work in combat and all issues would be solved...so what if someone is fighting.. you can only use it once an hr anyway.. this will fix so many problems
  8. ARCHIVED-Ymarik Guest

Here's a rather simple fix for CoV, in addition to cleaning up the hate list bug that Zoltaroth was awesome enough to fix. I'm going to do this in pseudocode, cause I program for a living:
    Set AccessAllowedFlag = Yes
    If CasterInCombat then
    Set AccessAllowedFlag = No
    If RecipientInCombat then
    If CasterFlying then -- we don't want anyone dying from CoV
    If CasterUnderWater then -- we don't want anyone drowning with CoV
    If CasterOnPlatform then -- see flying
    Return AccessAllowedFlag
    Notice nowhere did I check to see if either party had finished an access quest? That's because if one of the people is already in the zone, the other person should just be able to go into the zone. If either party is already in the zone, CoV should work. (Otherwise, no one should be able to enter a zone with an access quest unless the entire group has completed the access quest! Making us zone out, CoV, and then manually zone the person in is just silly.)
    Notice that the default is for the call to work? That's because it's simpler that way.
    Notice that I didn't nest any IF statements? That's because madness lies down that road!
    Any other checks can work a similar way. It's not rocket science. Everyone reading this list can follow the logic.
    Another thing I've noticed is that sometimes you are stuck in combat if you're fighting a group of creatures and an even number of them die all at once. It's like the creature dying toggles your combat flag undirectionally, and since there are two creatures it gets toggled off and then back on. Zoltaroth, I can reproduce this reliably pretty much at will if you want to check it out.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Don't forget to check lockout timers ;)
    And I'd have set a return code in each of those so the client could tell you specificaly why you were denied ;)