Cacophony of Blades not increased by Minstrels Melody????

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Derrick, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Derrick Guest

Well I am unhappy... looking through the AA tree I saw that Minstrel's melody increase songs effects that increase DPS and attack speed ... so I start putting points in to find that to find that this AA does NOT increase the haste bonus of Cacophony of Blades(and Chime of Blades I am assuming). To my knowledge...

Cacophony of Blades: A short duration song that grants the dirge's group increased attack speed, with interrupts and additional disease damage with every melee strike

Minstrel's Melody: Bard group songs augmenting attack speed or damage per second have an increased effect by X%

So.. I have Minstrels Melody at like rank 4 and noticed that at AdeptIII that Caacophony of Blades still only reads 48 haste rating.... as you can see above.. clearly this is a group buff that increases attack speed and thats exactly what Minstrel's Melody is SUPPOSED to do.... why doesnt it????
  2. ARCHIVED-Brynn Guest

Derrick wrote:
    You have the wrong words bolded, see the red text above. It is an AA that is shared by Dirges and Troubs. Troubs have the haste version of the Dirge DPS buff and that is what is meant to be affected by the AA. If the buff worked on 2 dirge spells and only 1 troub spell it wouldnt be fair.
  3. ARCHIVED-Derrick Guest

I played a troub b4 I played my dirge and I believe it would be perfectly fair.

"Minstrel's Melody: Bard group songs augmenting attack speed or damage per second have an increased effect by X%"

First... the work "songs" is used indicating that its more than one. Second they could not use the AND because then it would indicate that only buff that increase X AND Y would be augmented.
    Troub vs Dirge is like comparing apples or oranges... just because one of the aa trees buffs increases 2 abilities on a Dirge isntead of 1 on a troub, does not mean that its unfair. I am sure that their are other abilities that work the other way for a dirge.

If the buff was only supposed to change Allegretto and Riana's Indignant Sustain then the buff should have said that.

Perfection of the Maestro also increases the groups INT which increases the damage the extra procs do... AND their is another AA in the bard tree called Bladesing which increases bard songs that increase attributes.... IMO if it alraedy does not.. it SHOULD increase the INT bonus of Perfection of the Maestro the same way that Minstrel's Melody should increase the haste of Chime of Blades.

Either way.. the buffs say they do something and they should do it. Thier is no point in wording it one way if it doesnt actually do what it says it does.

The the case Bladesing and Perfection of the Maestro ...

Perfection of the Maestro : A short duration song that grants the troubador's group increased intelligence and additional mental damage with every hostile spell cast.

Bladesing : The Bladesinger's group songs that increase attributes have their values increased.

In this case... your argument is not viable. Their is no "or" for you to argue about.. in the case of the Troub...Bladesing SHOULD raise the INT bonus of Perfection of the Maestro... AND if it already does.. then likewise Minstrel's Melody should increase Chime of Blades. If it does not then your own argument already applys.... a troubls "Bladesing" ability increases a extra spell than a dirge and thus makes it unfair....

Thiers no reason that Minstrel's melody should not increase the haste of Chime of Blades... the buff clearly fits the description.
  4. ARCHIVED-Brynn Guest

I wrote up a long boring argumentative post but deleted it. Your correct that the wording is vague but in all honesty it isnt a big deal. That whole line of AAs is meant to increase the permanent group wide concentration buffs. As you mentioned the Stat increase doesnt effect PoTM, it also doesnt effect either classes self buff. The defensive buff doesnt increase the effectiveness of Percussion of Stone either. Thats just the way it works, either way there are better things to spend AA on, especially if you are still capped below 50 for that tree.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tutimin Guest

if you are going to write out the aa description dont paraphrase it...

Minstrel's Melody - "the minstrel's PASSIVE songs that increase group attack speed or damage per second have their values increased"
    the key word in that description is PASSIVE
    CoB is not passive, so it will not and should not be affected by this AA
  6. ARCHIVED-Derrick Guest

Ok.. i give there....

When I wrote this i was at work... and I was getting my verbage from eq2 sies on the web... which is why i quoted it. When I look not in game I do see the passive..however if you go look on the websites for the descrptions of the AA the word passive is not in there(might be in some..but wasn not in the few i checked out).