BUILDING BLOCK EXTINCTION! Lets get behind an effort to return them.

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Stellacious, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Stellacious Active Member

I love our game and the faithful people behind it that keep it going! With that being said we decorators need some help!

In the recent past we could receive a recipe book with our expansion order containing the new building blocks needed for our craft. Dhalgar and City of Mist being the expansions I am speaking of. Having the recipes was fabulous, you can actually make enough pieces to build with. The horrible part was that these items could not be traded or sold. Which is an irritation!

Now with each expansion there are new building block items but they are obscured in the game by quest lines, on going tradeskill harvesting quest etc, all for temporary recipes and special coinage needed to buy limited amounts of new items. This is getting unbearable!

No player has enough time to keep up with all of the harvesting and fighting in order to get vouchers etc to earn enough blocks to build a dang thing! A build takes 100's of building blocks!

Please help us!!

Bring back the book of recipes idea and please make these house items tradable! We can not continue to work our craft if our supplies keep getting harder and harder to obtain. Unlike other content that the crowd may move on from, decorators maintain supplies from all these expansions and the quest load in order to do so is killing us!

Make the recipes in Anchorage permanent, Give us recipes for the items in Fordel Myist, standardize the process, stop hiding building blocks, stop making them no trade. Make all expansion recipe books available on the market for after expansion purchase in case a player missed one! Help us out!

Decorators, please let your voices be heard before we drown!

Thanks,

Stellacious :)

Valandra, Anniejo, Karamella and 5 others like this.
  2. Evieluv New Member

Hello friends, I would like to request building block recipes from past and present game content on Eq2 to be available for purchase for a reasonable fee as well as for the recipes to be tradable among players. i started playing many years ago and came back to find out that i had to start my account all over again since i thought it was gone when Sony sold the game to another company. i lost my entire account and this really was disturbing so i stopped playing this game and went to another MMO/ RPG and stayed there for about 7 years.. Last year when i heard the game was still around i came back and had to start all over again. I love to deco and it takes a lot of time acquiring all the items to decorate and building blocks necessary to create what you want to build. Please please give us an easier way to acquire the materials we need to do what we love. I have almost no building block recipes , and they are so necessary. I spent literally all day today doing a tradeskill line just to get access to get some recipes in the new xpac only to see that i have to spend even more time gathering materials and doing writs to get the currency to borrow a recipe for a few items and have to do it all again plus you can only do a few of these quests daily??? Please make it more fun to play and deco for our Homeshow Community.
    Many thanks in Advance for your help on this.
    Evieluv
    Valandra, Anniejo, Kattt and 3 others like this.
  3. Aneylee Well-Known Member

I so agree.

This idea with the new expansion where you can do 2 harvesting quests and then when your done harvesting you have to harvest a rare in order to complete the quests and receive 7 vouchers each completion only to buy one of an item makes no sense at all. Anchorage gave us the opportunity to at least buy recipes that make 5 of an item and then you could buy the recipe again after doing the quest to earn the coinage.

As decorators this a lot of steps just to purchase one building item. Not all decorators are level 120 and this makes it so much harder for us to enjoy the game from a perspective of just decorating if we want to use the new items that you put in the game.

Please rethink the books/recipes that we can quest for or buy so we can do our thing :)

Not sure why we pay the money for each expansion and seems there are less and less recipe books for us and in this case NONE.

Your Decorators are the other half of your players, don't forget about us!!

Aney~
    Anniejo, Kattt, Erinna and 3 others like this.
  4. Fenlin New Member

completely agree with every ones previous posts. i hope that developers take this tread in to consideration. thank you for bringing these issues up stellacious.
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

You can really feel the lack of Domino in tradeskilling.
    Anniejo, Kattt, Misstake and 2 others like this.
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I have had this complaint/request ever since Dhlghar came out and I missed the expansion! I REALLY wanted those recipes. . . but now I cant get them unless someone else makes them for me (which I cant even contact now due to lack of CROSS-SERVER CHAT) and they belong to that person. I cant pick them up. . . I can only MOVE them around!
    Anchorage became a pain when I discovered that I had to get a new recipe after I made 5 of something OR I needed 90 some odd vouchers to buy 1 item. . . OUCH!!
    . . . . NOW comes RoS . . . the green marble is gorgeous and I want to build something with it. . . . but I am not at the level to where I can "GRIND" FOR THE NECESSARY STUFF TO BUY EVEN ONE block let alone 100!!
    The community that keeps you guys up and running is the housing community. . . namely the decorators. . . adventurers come and go. . . but you keep catering to the minority and give your Decorators crumbs. . . if that!
    WE WANT MEAT AND POTATOES AND GRAVY AND DESSERT AND COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE AND. . . . . AND. . . . the list goes on. . . . .
    Also . . . . I would like to see MORE appearance gear like the Vah Shir Appearance gear that came with the RoS expansion. If you can make it for ONE you can make it for ALL!!

** I am so sick of all the high level armor looking the SAME. Its the same exact look only with a different name. More pants like the Sackcloth pantaloons. I mean seriously. . . whats up with these "BALLOON" pants anyway???
    Norrath needs to be a bit more FASHIONABLE**

SO SAY WE ALL!!!
    Anniejo, Kattt, Misstake and 3 others like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know they can be Commissioned, though I've done that so rarely I'm not even 100% sure how that works. Is it still true that even if, say, I make something for you of these No-Trade (yeah, it's infuriating, I agree :mad:) house items/building blocks on Commission, that they still belong to me? :-/

Are they trying to actively discourage us and make us crafters and decorators quit the game (if so, why?? We do micro-transactions too, o devs, as well as often being card-carrying Members [you know, those "paying customers" things you say you want to encourage?]), or are they acknowledging our worth and trying to make it just as tricky for us to advance as it is for adventurers? :-/

Balloon pants? Seriously? Thought those went out with the 80s... ;->

And iirc, there wasn't even an Internet beyond DARPA back then... :D

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I really do think we might want to shift this over to the Wishlist forum, simply because They've actually gone there in the past and looked at posts and given us quite a few things from there (not sure about recently). Barring that, or perhaps in addition to, we really need to bring this kind of thing to Jenn's attention (directly, since apparently, there's at least one dev, maybe more, out there who hate crafting and want it gone); ostensibly, she's supposedly coming in from a crafting background and supports that. :-/

Uwk
    who's had several posts on the "for the love of RNGeezus, please, o devs, SELL US the prestige houses and building block recipes on the Marketplace, long after it's possible to get those expansions. Like, say, one->two years after they come out?" theme...anyone remember Age of Discovery? Where they "released" an "expac" that was nothing but new options, rather than a new real zone to discover? And eventually, they split up all those offered options and sold them a la carte on the Marketplace, separately? REMEMBER HOW MANY OF THOSE WE EVENTUALLY BOUGHT, ONCE THAT WAS DONE?? I can't believe They don't... :-/

Let us get the things we want a la carte, long after it's possible to get the expansion so they don't lose that sale. Price such things so that if we missed out on the expansion, it'd be more expensive than getting the "bundle" of the expansion to get them all, to "punish" us if it makes them feel better. Like, if the Collector's Edition (and maybe only keep it at the CE level, rather than up to more expensive ones, so their hearts don't go lurching out over this) items you want include:

the house
    the recipes
    the mount
    the sales crate
    the max level Tradeskill token (hmm, that might be a bad example, since they're already sold separately...maybe:)
    the merc (if crafters also like adventuring from time to time, if nothing else to get mats ;->)

So, say there's like 5 items you actually want (sounds like me, usually, though there's actually 10 things more you get with the CE vs. the Standard), and you'd be paying basically $90, if they don't have a sale up any more on it (or available at all any more). That's $18/item, or 1800 DBC. If they want to "punish" us, maybe they could charge 2000 each. A wee bit steep for, say, a book of recipes, but if you could get it AT ALL any more, wouldn't you save up for it? :-/ And wouldn't you be eager to be able to get ahold of really old ones, like the house and recipe book for the Terrors of Thalumbra stuff? I know I would; I regret now not getting it, but frankly, I was so infuriated they came out with that for $90 in the first place (I didn't give a damn about much of anything else in it; maybe that's what they're afraid of), I pretty much cut my nose off to spite my face and didn't get it. Plus, I think that was before they were doing the "get 'em while they're still here!" sales (at least I hope so, or I'll have even more regrets. Thought that started with KA?)...

Well, okay, okay, you could argue that the $89.99 Collector's Edition is "only" $55 more than the Standard Edition, but if we wanted to get three more extra old things, guess what? At $20 a pop, that'd pay for itself for you, DEVS. Even if you put all 10 of the extras up on the Marketplace, even at $10-15 a pop, I can't see that not working ($15 might be the perfect price, actually).

It just seems like returning players and new players are being punished for not being back (or in) earlier. This elitist nonsense doesn't behoove anyone actually trying to make a business concern out of this kind of entertainment. --U.
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

If I could buy the Vah Shir appearance armor for all my characters at 2000 DBC a crate . . . . that would be 32,000 DBC across all my characters! You do the math. Would take me FOREVER to get it all but at least I could eventually!
  10. Loklord New Member

I agree with everything I've read here. Im currently doing moonlight and I spent a wee bit more time on another post by evieluv, dont wanna get auto logged. If this were a petition , I sign here Loklordo!
  11. Misstake Well-Known Member

I agree. As of now I currently own every house and building block recipe that came with the houses in our claim. I do not mind if Daybreak wants to sell those individually for an amount. A lot of people play on more than one server and would need to buy those recipes on all decorators across the servers thus increasing Daybreak's revenue.

As for the other items: It is really hard to go grind 500 of one token to get 5-20 blocks and then still need so many more. I think that after the apprentices have learned everything they can, it should be switched to recipes and the items not in recipes lowered to something more manageable like 2 - 10 coins.

As a decorator I do not have time to go harvest 1300 different currencies to make sure I have what I need and it is extremely overwhelming.
  12. Iskatawna Active Member

100% agree with everything!! This kind of thing has almost completely killed my desire to be on this game anymore. I know for a fact there are several people (decorators) that have quit because of this type of thing. Seriously, who has time to quest and build.. I used to get into every house swap and exchange we had, but now I'm so burned out I can't, won't.. I just want to build, to decorate and see what others have done. I'm imploring the game builders please.. make it so we can make these in significant number, sell them, trade them, etc. Please!! Thank you for this game.. you really are appreciated..
  13. Rushd Active Member

INC... WALL OF TEXT
    For coinage items, if you focused on 1 toon you "could" actually get coins relatively quickly barring any quest lockouts. Especially for old content if you keep up on current adventuring content. I'm not against them selling old expansion recipes but I don't have much of a problem getting the stuff I don't have, commissioned from friends or strangers on the server. I actually made a really good friend by doing so.

What drives me more crazy is these lockout timers for faction or coin grinding.... I'd love to grind factions I still need, but only being allowed to do 1 quest per day or every few hours or even every hour really slows things down. I think that is a much more easy thing to code out to make many items more available to us.

Restrictions on housing items makes them more valuable and they already made our expansion recipes tradable/sellable but yet no one is filling up the market with them, at least not on my server. Some items need to be challenging to obtain, but building blocks? I agree, lets get us a recipe without a limit. Other cherished items I think should still have a cost. Lets not forget, they have started to add unexpected items as "blocks" which you know we all appreciate.

The anchorage coins for most of their items is appropriate now but wasn't when it first came out. One round of quests should get you enough coins to buy 3 recipes with 5 charges without double currency. The runs take maybe 30 mins at worst case. But why do we need to wait to get then next run? Maybe we aren't constructively criticizing enough on discord about the pricing model that's been out far too long. Even adventurer's are suffering for this with poisons and temps. 5 raid coins got you ONE SINGLE Poison. Mind you many scouts run multiple poisons, I run 4 myself. And why were poisons not even adjusted for each expansion correctly? The cost verses reward is borked on all fronts. I suspect its kind of a way to Gate the maturity of the Expansion. But come on now, is there really a need to do this with items you need whether you are raider or decorator, I don't see why this is needed for any reason.

Proper recipe would be: Keep players happy but busy with reasonable expectations on work vs. reward, after maturity of an item release lift the restrictions, Consolidate Currency.

They have done all of these things in the past and likely is something they can put into a schedule to do. I honestly don't think they need to remove the work, just adjust it. By consolidating currencies for the Tradeskill Items that ensures we get more of our work rewarded. To me this takes the stress off of needing a warehouse for all our stuff, we know our currency is good anywhere when we need to visit a specific vendor for our shopping list.

Someone should put something constructive together in a new thread and link it in homeshow discord and tag the devs. This is not wish list , but rather mechanics... they should want to do this for us.
  14. Sandx Active Member

Why not just give the Carpenters for the last several expansions ( since the sumac era ) recipes for the woods that we harvest. It is not that hard. After all, that is what we do. We build things our of raw materials all the time. I agree with all of you. but rather than US buying them, integrate them into our recipe books we already have. You have already done it before. This is almost a slap in the face to those who decorate constantly, whether for us, for some one else, or are just helping others out. Help us out DEVS please.??!!??!!
    Anniejo, Breanna, Kattt and 1 other person like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Rushd, the only reason I suggested putting this over on the Wishlist forum is because that's pretty much the only part of the Norrathian Homeshow forum they bother reading. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Rushd Active Member

I know Uwk, but the fact is, they don't even want to maintain these forums anymore... it's an outdated concept regardless of our personal preferences. Those who aren't on discord or even know what it is, need to get on it. We have a community manager there as well as taggable devs that may answer you pretty quickly. But regardless here on the forums or there we need to put up "proper criticisms" which I'll call Player retention opportunities.

The following is not directed at you Uwk but as a player base as a whole...
    I was reading a FB post of theirs today that was asking a lore question..... I bet out of the 99 replies, 98 of them were "toxic criticisms". Put yourself in there shoes, if all they get is 90+% toxicity from their interactions with us what's the incentive to keep communicating effectively?

I'm inherently a complainer and from NY to boot.... so if I can make a conscious effort to put some constructive ideas out there then most of us can too.

Personally I think when they can come up with an idea to close these forums they will. We need to start thinking out of the box on how we will interact in the future if that should actually ever come to fruition. As decorators and adventurers we need to get cohesive ideas to present to the devs.

Sorry, not to derail the thread, but to get us on the same page on how we can actually get some of these things we want to happen and make the game better for the player base.
  17. Rushd Active Member

Feelers have been put out... lets hope we are heard. Seems like a silly thing to not capitalize on. I suggest getting into Homeshow on discord and make yourselves also heard.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Until such time as they completely destroy these forums, I'm going to keep using them over getting yet another third-party program to have my voice heard as it should be, which is one of the major reasons why a lot of our posts on the forums are as frustrated and fed up as they are. I get that DBG are short-handed and not likely to have a lot of cash to get more long-handed (heh), but I do think they ought to devote one whole position (which could probably be pretty easily handled remotely, with daily reports sent in at like 4:59 pm PST, M-F) of community intermediary whose only job would be to go through the forum posts and look for things that folks are having issues with (or compliments, or unfounded complaints [those could be ignored, but tallied], or good suggestions, or...) and bring them to the attention of the Powers who'd need to know about them. Dreamweaver seems to be busier than a one-armed man hanging wallpaper, so I doubt he'd have the extra time to do so, but from the posts I've been reading here and there, most of the angry folks are fed up that they're not being heard, or that things they've brought up time and time and time again aren't even being looked at, at all, according to the lack of feedback or proven action.

I've also heard all sorts of horror stories about folks saying anything the least bit less-than-glowing on Discord and being forever banned from there. Since I freely admit to not being on Discord, I'm not sure what they actually said (truth be told, it might very well be things that I'd ban them for, too), but it just strikes me that it could be misused if that was our only means of communication.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Sinafe Darkchyle Inquisitor/Carpenter

I would love to see darkpaw do something like this. Salesforce has a roadmap of features they plan on working on or releasing. Caveat is that it is subject to change of course. But something like this that highlights bug fixes, changes to classes, feature requests etc would be really nice and give players something to look forward to.

https://www.salesforce.com/content/...ents/e-books/salesforce-lightning-roadmap.pdf
    Kattt and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Sinafe Darkchyle Inquisitor/Carpenter

They also have an “ideas” platform. Someone posts a wishlist item and other people can upvote the idea. Giving the devs a clue as to what their customer’s priorities are as a whole. For bug reports they have a similar section for issues where users tag themselves as having the same problem. If these were to be implemented having them visible in the game menu would be awesome even if it just links to the site outside of the game.
    Kattt and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.