bugged armor appearances: blackened iron chain, feysteel vanguard

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Vatec, Sep 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-CyriexVTZ Guest

Here's a picture to hopefully explain

[IMG]

1 - New Black Chain Underlay colour, used only on the Spaulders, added in the latest live update
    2 - Old Grey Chain underlay colour. This was previously used on the Spaulders, but was replaced with colour '1' with the patch. It is still used on Greaves and Gloves in highlighted areas and other areas not visible in the screenshot. This light grey chain underlay is particularly visible on the leggings when running and mounted on a horse.
    3 - Dark Grey Ebon Plate colour

I think the areas that are color 3 are fine as is (and it wont match with my lovely Great Helm of the Savage if you change it!)

I think the areas that are currently colour '2' in game should be changed to match the colour '1' used on the arms.

Hope this helps..
  2. ARCHIVED-Jolissa Guest

Maybe it was just a serious lack of sleep but I have been saving a set of Umbrae Chain from DFC for these appearance slots. I equiped it last night but now it has lost all of it's shine. Looks to me like a similar issue to the imbue stuff.
    Anyone else have a set that they can try to see if it just my sleep deprivation. I will try to drag out some old screenies to do a before and after.
  3. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Ah thats sort of what I thought.. though a bit confusing for anyone who is wearing a mixes pristine/non pristine set who will end up not wearing a set at all..
  4. ARCHIVED-BarrowBottum Guest

I would like to add that in the Bronze Vanguard set, all pristines, the pants don't match the rest of the outfit. The update make the bronze vanguard armor look, well, bronze, but the pants are still grey metal.
  5. ARCHIVED-WebinKaltani Guest

Not to hijack the thread... but is that a giant wooden spoon on your back Domino?
  6. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

BarrowBottum wrote:
    This is what I see, which is the look as intended (the base chain is still greyish, yes, but the metal plates are all bronze):

[IMG]

If that's what you see too, then working as intended<tm>!

And the spoon is an item called Yallessul's Sampling Spoon, it's a level 37 mage/fighter/priest 2h weapon. I think it may come from Deathfist Citadel, but I just summon it on my local test server because it's fun. :D
  7. ARCHIVED-BarrowBottum Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Ah-ha!... OK, it must be the lower graphical settings that I am running on, because I couldn't tell that it was chain... It just looked a bit off.
    /Sigh. Looks like I'm going to have to convince the wife to let me buy a new machine.
  8. ARCHIVED-quasigenx Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    This might be working as designed, but IMO those shoulders don't match the set. The shoulders from the Cleric AQ set should be used instead; they have the bronze plate look with silver chain underneath.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jida Guest

From my website.. the weapon is also a

a Spoon that drops in Cazel's Mesa in the treasure chest of Cazel the Mad.

\aITEM -1845955260 1469497419:a Spoon\/a
  10. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Jida wrote:
    I was just gonna post that :)

A Spoon

A Small Spoon
  11. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Calthine wrote:
    A small spoon is a tiny one-hand teaspoon though, and it appears to be no-zone. A spoon has the same appearance as in the screenshot though, but unfortunately it's no trade (and requires 56 adventure level). Looks like that might be a good graphic for some crafting quest reward some time in the future, however! :D
  12. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

I think it's the sppon that drops from Cazel in Cazel's Mesa. If it's the big one your talking about. Cracked me up when I saw it.
  13. ARCHIVED-BigChiefJJ Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    And a Spatula too! I want to dual weld a spoon and spatula!!!!!!
  14. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

A Fork! It's have to be Main Hand piercing. It could proc seasonings.
  15. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    But then they'd have to introduce cafeteria food and Mystery Meat!
  17. ARCHIVED-Zardoz Guest

You can also get Yallessul's Sampling Spoon from the Named Alchemist (/Coercer) in DFC which is wieldable at level 37.
  18. ARCHIVED-mlr701 Guest

I want to protest the new look of the bronze vanguard greaves. They look horrible, and I don't see why the look changed from the normal greaves to this awful chain-underwear thing. It's tacky and it clashes. If i wanted my toon to wear legplates, I would have bought legplates, not greaves.

My toon is a crafter, and I didn't plan to ever change his armor. Not looking forward to looking at something this ugly and nasty for the next 50 or so levels.
  19. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Troubor wrote:
    I think I see what this is. I was shopping the broker today for mine, and pieces crafted before the LU have the grey appearance, stuff newly crafted is shiny silver with gold trim. YAY, beautiful paladin "knight in shining armor" appearance! Here's mine, I made the chest today and it is NOT imbued.

[IMG]
  20. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

mlr701 wrote:
    Hey, guess what? We have this GREAT new feature with GU38 called an "appearance tab" ... so don't live with it if you don't like it! ;)

And as stated already, the non-pristine versions didn't change appearances, so if you really liked the old look of the bronze, simply make yourself some crude stuff for the appearance tab. There's nothing being taken away from you, and a whole ton more options being added. :D