bugged armor appearances: blackened iron chain, feysteel vanguard

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Vatec, Sep 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Vatec Guest

The Blackened Iron Reverent set seems to have gone in as planned. Unfortunately, the Blackened Iron Chainmail set has problems. The coif, boots, and mantle match the new Reverent look, but the coat and leggings still have the old look.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :^P

EDIT: Slight correction. This only applies to the Forged items, not to Pristine ones. I'm guessing this is because the non-Pristine items are all going away, so they didn't get updated? In any case, the Pristine stuff has the new look, which is great!
  2. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Hm, that's odd! Please submit an in-game /bug listing the items you've noticed don't match, and we'll check it out! :D
  3. ARCHIVED-Vatec Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    There's also a thread in the Look and Feel forum regarding non-matching pieces of Feysteel. I'll run out on a limb (and jump up and down) and say it's probably related.

I'll go /bug it in-game. That way it'll get added to the queue all nice and official-like. Believe me, I know how much corporations like having things submitted through "proper channels" ;^)
  4. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Vatec wrote:
    Thanks! :D

It's not so much the "proper channels" I care about, but if it goes into a /bug, then QA takes a look at it, confirms the problem, and sticks it in my bug queue with all the details I need (like exact list of items). If someone just tells me "hey, some of the feysteel is bugged" then I have to open every piece of feysteel, check all the appearances myself, track down what's right and what's wrong, and THEN fix it ... the difference between 20-30 minutes out of my day and 2-3 hours out of my day! And since I'm supposed to be making armorer recipes today, I'm sure the armorers would prefer it if it goes into the bug queue. ;) Besides which, we have a super QA team who are experts at this kind of thing ... I'll likely get distracted by something halfway through and miss a piece, or someth... ooh look, shiny!

/wanders off
  5. ARCHIVED-Vatec Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Never said corporations had bad reasons for requiring use of "proper channels" ;^)

I'm a big fan of letting the experts work out the details myself.

Hope it doesn't end up being a huge project to fix, especially since the non-pristines will be going away soon anyway....

Oh, and thanks for reading (and responding) here. It =really= makes a difference to many players.
  6. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

On the Feysteel issue from the other thread, I wonder if it has to do with the fact that it was imbued? (other thread's locked, or I would have responded there)
  7. ARCHIVED-Eueadan Guest

Eriol wrote:
    I thought the same thing...maybe the changed the main recipes but forgot some of the imbued ones...
  8. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Eriol wrote:
    Not locked for me, assuming you mean my thread. =)

Yeah I got in game to take some screenies and noticed that the Pristine Forged Feysteel Greaves look different than my Pristine Imbued Feysteel Greaves. No non-imbued chest pieces on the broker to look at, unfortunately.

However, even the Pristine Forged Feysteel Greaves don't match the feysteel look of the other items -- they're just different than my imbued.

It's an open question for Domino whether the Imbued armor is supposed to look like the non-imbued or not; I personally think it should, just for armor-matching reasons, but who knows what she had in mind.

Speaking of whom, I started my thread so that I could get some feedback on whether this was intentional or not, not as a way to circumvent the normal bug-processing. =) Submit a /bug and it goes off to QA and we never get a response on it (not that that's unexpected), but posting it on the forums we actually have a chance of knowing if something was intended or not. =)

Here is a screenshot to illustrate:

[IMG]

This is a Pristine Imbued Feysteel Cuirass, Pristine Imbued Feysteel Greaves, and Pristine Forged Feysteel Sabatons. The sabatons appear to be from the Pristine Forged Feysteel Plate set from the eq2-Traders preview, and the two Imbued pieces don't look like any of the Feysteel armors.

I also noticed something weird with Feyiron:

[IMG]

The shoulders and gauntlets are both Pristine Forged Feyiron. The shoulders look correct, but the gauntlets do NOT.

Powers &8^]
  9. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

Dressed my Paladin in Feysteel Vanguard from the dressing room:
    [IMG]
    Clearly there's some issues here!
  10. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

[IMG]

Looks like people beat me to it, and I'll post a /bug report also real quick, but I have similar issues. My Ratonga in mostly full feysteel. (The boots are looted, not part of the set, please ignore them).
    For what it's worth the chest and leggings are imbued.
    As an aside, he has a full set of ebon vanguard waiting for him when he hits 42nd level, it looks fine via the dressing room.

Oh, addendum to this: As promised, submitted a /bug report. :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Vatec wrote:
    OK, just to let you know, the following appearances have been fixed and should match the non-imbued appearance after the next hotfix (probably just after this weekend, but that's decided by people other than me!)

pristine imbued feysteel vanguard cuirass
    pristine imbued feysteel vanguard greaves

Also, the blackened iron appearances look OK to me. It's correct that non-pristine appearances did not change, so non-pristine versions of anything will retail their old appearance. Since they're going to be removed anyway, I decided not to update them as it was fairly time-intensive to do that many.

So, if anybody is aware of any other appearance issues besides the pristine imbued feysteel vanguard chest and legs please post the exact name of the piece and /bug it. (Feyiron gauntlets actually look as intended btw.) Thanks for the reports!
  12. ARCHIVED-CyriexVTZ Guest

More bad news I'm afraid!

Pristine Forged Vanguard Ebon Spaulders have a nice new pure black color on the 'chain' portion that appears to be under the rest of the 'plate' armor

Unfortunately this new design has not been applied to the rest of the suit, including

Pristine Imbued Vanguard Ebon Greaves
    Pristine Forged Vanguard Ebon Gauntlets

These two pieces are still using the rather light grey colour for the chain portion of the armor, as they did in LU37 - and this stands out rather nastily with the nice darker arms

Please fix!
  13. ARCHIVED-shaunfletcher Guest

And whats going to happen to people currently wearing non-pristine versions of the gear thats being 'removed'?
    wake up one day with no pants? ;)
  14. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

shaunfletcher wrote:
    Nope, you'll wake up one morning and realize that you haven't changed your pants in a month and it's time to toss the old ones and get some new ones. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Great! Will have to see if they hotfix Friday morning or this weekend. :) As an aside, if chest & leggings end up as shiny as the rest of the set, I'm thinking it might make nice "fluff" armor for my 70th paladin. He has most of his fabled EoF set, but since our raid group doesn't do EH a lot, doesn't have his leggings. The feysteel legs, if they become shiny vanguard, might be a pretty close match. ;)
    One question, does forged already have they shiny look? If so, I may make a set of forged to wear on his legs as fluff/appearance armor.
  16. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Cyriex@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Confused...

Here is me in Ebon vanguard ... I am not seeing any issues with shading? Yes, the underlying chain parts are darker than the metal plate bits, but that's just the look of the armor. The plate bits all look the same tint to me - which is the item you think is wrong?

[IMG]

And to answer Shaun, nobody will be waking up without pants (well, unless they indulge a bit too heavily in the Brell's Brew and go home with an ogre, and that's their own problem). Old equipment will remain the same, it just won't be possible to make new stuff any more. (Which also means if you were really violently attached to the old look of any of the crafted armor, you can just get a crude set to put on your appearance tab.)
  17. ARCHIVED-CyriexVTZ Guest

Hi Domino!
    Pre LU38, the underlying chain parts on all the pieces were a light-ish grey color - lighter than the plate that sits on top of them

As your screenshot perfectly shows, the Spaulders have been changes to now have a nice, lovely, rich dark black on the underlying chain, which is much darker than the plate that sits on top of the chain.

However, your screenshot also shows (and it shows up more on a larger race, like a dark elf, particularly when riding on a mount) that the underlying chain on the Greaves, and the chain that shows through the gloves, do not share the new black look that the arms have been given... they're still light grey

And I think that looks ikky! I think the underlying chain parts of the suit should all match each other..and I'd like all the chain on the suit to be the dark black style that's appeared on the arms with this LU!
  18. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

19. ARCHIVED-CyriexVTZ Guest

Well that works too.... :)

All I was asking for though was to have the black underlay thats on the arms also being on the chain underlay that is on gloves and leggings..
  20. ARCHIVED-mlr701 Guest

I'm having an appearance issue with the bronze vanguard greaves. The pants are missing that big triangle-shaped thingy in the front and back. I did open a bug report for this already, but thought I'd mention it.

I used the dressing room and noticed that all of the crafted greaves had the same problem, while the dropped ones looked ok on me.

Very odd.....