[BUG?] Wrong Number of Shards?? - Far Seas Strategic Pricing 3rd Edition, Vol II (DoV Shard Armor)

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nindaene, Apr 5, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

Okay, so I managed to score this book this morning, and I am completely baffled and think someone made a mistake somewhere. Each piece in each set requires a certain number of shards, but they aren't the same across the board. Most use 40 shards, but 6 classes use 63 shards.
    63 Shards:
    • Assassin
    • Berserker
    • Brigand
    • Bruiser
    • Coercer
    • Conjurer
    40 Shards:
    • Every class that does not start with an A, B or C
    So... what's the scoop?? I would imagine that the correct number would be 63 shards and that the 40 shards is a error. The Ry'Gorr armor uses 70 shards per piece - regardless of class. I cannot imagine that it was intended to save you 30 shards PLUS the 5 - 15p per piece that the Ry'Gorr charge.
    Additionally... the mitigation is higher on the crafter armor. Looking only at the Paladin armor and comparing that (because I cannot see any other class on the Ry'Gorr)...
    • The Knight's Prodigious armor from the Ry'Gorr has a Mitigation of 619 for the Barbute, Gauntlets, Pauldrons, Sabatons and Vambraces. The crafted version has 714.
    • The Knight's Prodigious Greaves from the Ry'Gorr has a Mitigation of 663. The crafted version has 765.
    I can't see any other class on the Ry'Gorr, so I can't compare anything else, but I would assume that the inconsistency is not just with the Paladin armor.
  2. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

As you may have noticed from the Test server update notes today, we are in the process of lowering the shard costs of the armor. However, it looks like some of the recipes were pushed live with a lower cost than they should have been set to yet. So yes, these prices are an error and will likely change again as we are still in the process of adjusting the prices based on feedback. We'll get that corrected as soon as possible (hopefully Thursday) but in the mean time it might be safest to hold off on crafting the items, since the final shard cost is not yet finalized. Apologies for the error, and thanks for pointing it out!
  3. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

Thanks so much for the response! I've warned some people that they might want to wait since something really didn't seem right with them.
    There are also similar discrepencies with Vol I... still classes that start with A, B, and C, plus Defiler. It looks like everyone else uses 40 shards except for those few.
  4. ARCHIVED-nipxur Guest

Does Domino's reply mean that the mitigation values are supposed to be higher than the purchased ones and it's only the shard costs that need to be fixed?
  5. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    On the contrary, it seems that now is a good time to craft the items for many classes as they are going to cost you an extra 23 shards once the fix goes in ? Or are we saying that 40 is the correct amount ?
    Chalk up another top quality release for the SOE automated coding/itemization bot
  6. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

Adeyia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    What she's saying is that the final shard cost hasn't been decided upon yet. You definitely shouldn't craft the 63 shard ones because those people will likely end up spending more shards than they should.
    There is no guarantee that the 63 will be reduced to 40... or that the 40 will be raised to 63. In fact, they might both be adjusted to a different number entirely. It is still being adjusted.
    Soooooooo... if you craft anything right now, the player is taking the chance that they may spend more than they need, or they may spend less now then they will spend for the same item later.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

Chanson@Everfrost wrote:
    I actually think that she was only addressing the shard cost. I don't believe the Mitigation is higher on all the pieces, but I still have not been able to confirm. I can only assume that this will be fixed as well since they are supposed to have the same stats as the merchant gear.
  8. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Nindaene wrote:
    I am mystified by the mitigation difference since the item that is being created should be the exact same item, so any stat difference should impossible. So, still trying to either confirm or deny this one.
  9. ARCHIVED-Arkenor Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Does the person who saw the difference in mitigation have any ability that would increase the mitigation of gear? It might be applied differently when viewing the result of a recipe to viewing an item on a merchant.
  10. ARCHIVED-Bezahar Guest

was the character that was seeing the differance in armor value wearing the armor? I know that can sometimes change the shown value depending on the +% mitigation of the crafter... not sure how it afffects other views of armor level...
  11. ARCHIVED-Lathain_Sarathai Guest

Could we expect to have Recipe use less shard than vendor when the new price will go live ?
    i mean when vendor will have (if that go live) gear to sell for 52 token
    i want be sure the same day without any mistake, all recipe (for same gear) for all class will be cheaper than 52 token
    thanks.
    could you double check this time ;)...
    As coercer i didnt liked the joke to see illusionist gear at 40 token while coercer is 63 token, a mistake like this should never happen. You never verify thing befor pushing them to live ? =)
  12. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

Lathain_Sarathai wrote:
    No, they don't :)
    There's so many sloppy bugs in Velious, caused by people not testing or thinking things through before they go live. It's probably the worst expac so far for silly avoidable mistakes. The general belief is this is a result of the itemization being done automatically by a program rather than by hand and the reduced workforce available.
    The more I look around, the more bugs I end up reporting. Latest one I noticed yesterday was the Ry'Gorr faction vendor selling items that require Thurgadin faction for one of the armor pieces. That's down to lack of care again.
    Traditionally the tradeskill content has always been the most bug-free compared to other content due to the hard work Domino puts in, so I'm a bit concerned that stuff like this now seems to be slipping past QA.
  13. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

Maltheas@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Hmmmm I didn't think so, but I can check again today. I didn't really think about that. I believe I was wearing my crafting gear when I was looking at the recipes, but I was looking at the merchant on another character because the one with the recipes doesn't have the Ry'Gorr faction. And it was the merchant that was lower, so I know that that character isn't the problem.
    I also got Vol I yesterday for the Thurg recipes, so I can check them as well to see if those Mitigations are the same or different.
    EDIT: That was exactly the problem. My Bruiser in crafting gear saw more Mitigation than my Paladin in adventure gear. Go figure. Thanks for pointing that out! I was going crazy trying to figure out why that was so different.
  14. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Okay - don't worry about this one. After checking what other people suggested, it appears that my Bruiser in crafting gear sees a higher mitigation than my Paladin in adventure gear. Silly me. All is well!!! Nothing to see here!
  15. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

But kudos to Domino... After I pointed it out on Tuesday, she addressed it and gave us an estimated fix date. Now 2 days later (according to patch notes for the hotfix in 10 min), this issue is being fixed.
    A bug fix in 2 days? Yeah, I'm a pretty happy camper right now. No complaints here.
  16. ARCHIVED-Corndogs Guest

Think there is still an issue. Book 1 pieces cost between 20-69 shards...Book 2 all pieces are 40 shards
  17. ARCHIVED-Eridu Guest

I have around 600 unspent Marks of Manaar in my shared bank. I don't have those because I ran out of things to buy with them. I have them because there was little listed on the merchants worth the ramped up costs so they went unspent. The arbitrary token inflation in these from shards through marks to velium shards is odd to say the least. Also I do hope that the crafted discount is plenty steep after the marginal discount within the Marks system. Thought I should pipe in.
  18. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

Monotone@Guk wrote:
    Actually, there isn't. Go to the Thurgadin merchant. The shard costs are inline with the costs from the merchant.
    • Shoulders and Legs - 90 Shards from the Merchant / 69 Crafted
    • Cap - 71 from the Merchant / 54 Crafted
    • Shoes and Gloves - 52 from the Merchant / 40 Crafted
    • Bracers - 33 from the Merchant / 25 Crafted
    All the the Ry'Gorr armor costs 52 Shards from the Merchant, and 40 for Crafted.
    The big difference is that you have to supply the different gem for each of the Ry'Gorr pieces - which you don't need to do with the Thurgadin pieces.
    So, instead of trying to find the different gems, you use varying amounts of shards. I would be inclined to say that the different gems have different drop rates and therefore the Thurgadin equivalent of those Ry'Gorr pieces that use gems that drop more often would end up costing you less shards than others - but since I have never acquired any of the gems myself, I can't be entirely sure about that.
  19. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

For those wanting an easy way to explain the benefits of the armor to potential customers:
    - player made armor is the same quality as vendor i.e term of stats/effects etc
    - player made armor only requires 75% of the number of shards to make
    - there is no need for you to have faction to have the armor made for you
    - platinum cost (may) be lower - although this depends on how much the crafter decides to charge
  20. ARCHIVED-Nindaene Guest

Thanks for this! I was looking at it and was going to do some math to figure out the percentage... thanks for beating me to it and saving me the time!