Bug with stats in RoR

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cinnerly, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Cinnerly New Member

On my wizzy sometimes i get one shotted in instances i die recast my familiar (lvl 10 ror Legend) and my mount lvl 5 RoR pre purchase got maxed crit dmg and fevour and 8.7k resolve and 1m+ potency and sometimes i can stand toe to toe with them, stats dont change in the Character window, its random if i recast whether or not i get one shotted or complete the zone, this has been happening since launch and not the issue that was from the reboot yesterday.

Its getting frustrating now, I dont even have chance to see the mechanics in solo instances,

As a side note having a healer would be nice if it used it heal and res now and again. Lvl 6 preorder red dued with big sword.

Please help before I rage quit.
  2. vlada Active Member

please explain what exactly is the bug.and in which zones
  3. Cinnerly New Member

it is in all instances i get it i dont know exactly what bug is but its like all my stats dissapear, and only by randomly recasting my familiar and mount will it go to the point where i can actually do the instance on my char, sometimes the recast solves the issue of being one shotted sometimes it doesnt, and in instances where i have to zone within it, it can cause this issue. Thats the only way i can explain it. My stats show in my char window but do not seem to apply when im fighting.
  4. Bramdar Active Member

This has to be frustrating to deal with, but I'm not sure that this initial info is enough for anyone to go on. Are you able to provide a specific example of this occurring? The name of the instance, maybe the timeframe you encountered the issue, the mobs you're righting (trash or named,) attack(s) you were hit for when you were quickly killed and how much damage those attacks did, etc?

I'm not sure what you mean by "instances where i have to zone within it" - do you mean the Buried Takish: Terrene Threshold instance where you teleport from location to location? Maybe use one of those instances as an example, and some info on what you were fighting?
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

Unless you can provide specific instances of what you're getting killed by and what it is hitting you with, this is not a particularly helpful report, unfortunately.
  6. Cinnerly New Member

This has to be frustrating to deal with, but I'm not sure that this initial info is enough for anyone to go on. Are you able to provide a specific example of this occurring? The name of the instance, maybe the timeframe you encountered the issue, the mobs you're righting (trash or named,) attack(s) you were hit for when you were quickly killed and how much damage those attacks did, etc?

I'm not sure what you mean by "instances where i have to zone within it" - do you mean the Buried Takish: Terrene Threshold instance where you teleport from location to location? Maybe use one of those instances as an example, and some info on what you were fighting?
    Yeah a instance like that one, its actually every instance in the first two zones in RoR and the First one in the last zone (thats the one i just quit doing), its not a specifit mob, more so that when I zone (because I zone to go into the instances) that more often than not when i goto kill trash or named, I will get one shotted even though i have all the requirements to be in that instance (gear/stats etc) but get one shotted, but recasting my familiar and mount sometimes means i dont get one shotted, meaning that something is wrong with my character as it shoudnt go from being one shotted by trash one minute to be able to kill them without issue, the same is for named too. There is no specifc place or time its every time.
    I dont know what more info i can give, its repeatable in the sense that it happens all the time, and its luck if i recast my familiar and mount and the stats seem to work.
    Tbh Im annoyed to hell anyway that your char relies on a familar and a mount for actually being viable.
    Its like the issue they had after reboot with the problem with the solo instance they fixed (the grace of norrath) but im getting it all the time.
  7. Cinnerly New Member

bit like the bug section on the forums.

Its not this difficult to pay for the game sub or the expansions though
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

Sure, paying for them has step by step instructions detailing what you are to do and what happens when you do so.

Unlike the majority of the bug posts in the forums.
  9. Cinnerly New Member

because its so random and often that nobody can give specifics on some issues it happens as i explained, in every instance ive had the issue ive reported above, what the named/trash was and what they hit me with is irrelevant as the issue seems to be with the familar/mount casting not the individual mobs, as thats the only thing that seems to result in fixing it sometimes.
  10. Bramdar Active Member

I think that if I was in your shoes, the next time I try an instance and this issue happens I would look back at the combat messages and post some of that info in this thread. For example, if you're seeing specific attacks hitting you for several billion hp. Maybe even an example of that same attack after you recast the familiar/mount and the fight goes well. Possibly also some examples of the damage you're doing with your initial attacks, if you look back at the combat messages and see those attacks doing less damage than what the tooltips indicate.

You could use /log to log the data so you can copy and paste it out of the log file as well, and you could use the external ACT program for log analysis and a more complete view of each enocunter (but I get it if you aren't using it now and you don't want to use it just for this.)
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

Except there ARE specifics you can give.

For instance, you didn't give your character name or server, so the devs have no idea who you are to see if there is an issue with your character to look in to it.

You didn't give ANY information about any of the times it happened to you except 'I think it is because my mount and familiar buffs aren't working right?' - which, while technically possible, is unlikely since no one else is reporting it - but didn't list what mount, familiar, whether you have the infusion buffs running, etc.

You didn't list *any* of the zones it happened to you in. You didn't list *any* of the times, rough or exact, that it happened to you. You didn't list what mobs 'randomly one-shot' you - How do you know it was an issue with your buffs and not an ability that you aren't seeing every time? For instance, in Eye of Night, all the cyclops use an ability called Moonlit Strike when they have the blue health bar due to a buff given from their shadow pact. Other zones have other abilities that aren't cast constantly.

See my point? With zero actual information from you, there is no way to help you or provide any actual attempt to figure out WHAT the actual problem is. Instead, you gave a snitty answer because you didn't like being asked questions. Sure, I could have been more polite responding to that answer, but I prefer to respond in kind since I'm not getting paid to do this.
    Juraiya and Dude like this.
  12. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Threshhold (H1) tonight anytime any of us died on named encounters, randomly one or two of us would have to recast familiar as it was "dispelled" from us. Maj'dul server. Fun watching CB go from 31k to 14k lol.. it happened yesteday on the weekly runs as well but I don't remember the zones. I'll not be frustrated as much tomorrow and pay attention to be able to post them up.
  13. Aethos Well-Known Member

You are most likely dying to an uncured DOT, as the DOTs this expansion tick incredibly hard and are percentage based. I'm of the opinion that generic dots should definitely not tick for percentage based damage, percentage damage should be doled out by fail conditions or unique mechanics, but this is what came to mind.

FWIW this is getting adjusted soon I think. But as others have said, we need more details. In the meantime I'd suggest curing yourself :)

(Edited to include an example, there is a boss in Blood and Sand that has a 50% ticking DOT if you were standing in front of it when it lands, and has a separate 25% DOT, meaning you can get abruptly hit for 75% if you or your merc are not curing anything.)
  14. Cinnerly New Member

It doesnt matter the time it happens it is all the time, I did say its the new Legendary merc lvl 6 and legendary familiar lvl 10, in RoR zones (look at the titles) again I said its all the instances its happening in upto and including the first instance in the thrid RoR zone. Its not an ability issue as i do cure detrimentals its not them.

Not getting paid to do what? Respond on a forum, asking questions I already answered? , I dont need a response I need the game fixing.
  15. Cinnerly New Member

Its not a DOT or a detremental effect/game mechanic.
  16. Miragian Well-Known Member

so is this legendary merc a healer, support? Are you curing anything? Is the Merc unlocked hire anywhere (this would prevent you from having the mercenary buff, not that at level 5 its going to amount to much. Does your mount have any gear on? Since there's a huge difference between no gear and say, using Plateaus gear.

You still haven't provided character name, or server. At this rate, this will get left with either [More Info needed] or [Unable to duplicate] and you wont' get any help.

In short, there is a ton of information that you could provide as Taled explained.

Yes, your experience is frustrating but, so is watching someone complain about not getting help when they haven't given either the right or enough information for anyone to do anything for. It is extremely likely that this problem is a result of something you can directly correct rather than an actual bug.
    Aethos and Twyla like this.