[BUG] Ward crits not working correctly

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by fencedin, Nov 15, 2017.

1. fencedin New Member

On FG, wards can crit but the amount never changes. It is as if the crit amount never gets added.

[IMG]

This is the same for both my defiler's single target ward and group ward. I imagine it is the same for Mystics too.

I did file a bug report in game and on the bug tracker.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

Working as intended?
  3. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I believe thats because we have no crit bonus so wards have a crit multiplier of 0 when it should have been 15%.

I believe Caith fixed that for stormhold eventually, but maybe its back on Fallen Gate?

4. fencedin New Member

If this were true, that there is no crit BONUS, then all spells/abilities would have a crit multiplier of 0.

It's that the wards have no BASE crit multiplier like all other spells/abilities do right now.

Wards should atleast have a base cit multiplier of 15%. (or rather 50% of the normal base crit multiplier of 30%)

Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't the old bug that if a ward crit, it would make the ward amount be 0 rather than just the base amount like we are seeing? I think this is a different bug with crit than the old SH one.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Really needs a critical multiplier, otherwise crit is a worthless stat for shamans. And yes, channelers do need some kind of multiplier added to their percentage heals or, their heals need to be fixed to not be percentage based anymore.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

That would require a careful balancing act from the Dev team to let Channelers scale with more stats. Quite a risky request :)

Not disagreeing with you though, it sure would be nice for Channelers and Shamans both be able to benefit from all the stats on items/ AA / Focus effects.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Along side the t1 balance, bard balance, chanter balance, and buff to bruisers we need.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you :p

In all seriousness though, just small adjustments to the classes you listed, would go a long way.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

If anything nerf monks, their pretty bananas op as off tanks at the moment with a guardian to the point that paladins/zerks are pretty much worthless.
  10. Nero Active Member

I would love to hear your rationale for this.

Paladins are in a great place, and are improving by the second considering the fixes they are getting on beta. Zerks will be damn near the best tank class in PoP considering the unlocked prestige trees, giving them A LOT of offensive options while retaining all of their defensive tools.

Despite popular belief, monks are NOT going to be all that great in PoP. We are going to run into a lot of the same problems we did in the KP zones, where the vast majority of the incoming damage was magic based. We excel in taking physical hits, but have limited tools to deal with large magical damage. My options really come down to speccing into Stone Cold which is a flat DR, along with Provoking stance. Superior Guard gives me 1 stoneskin vs all any damage... but i cant cast CAs while its up. Lastly I have my DPs.... that's it. really takes most of my good temps out of the rotation when physical damage is not the main source of damage.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

These are tle forums friend, on live zerks are the best tank, i'd run two and call it a day.
  12. Nero Active Member

i feel pretty dumb right now.. sorry man. didnt see the TLE tag.
  13. Satyr Well-Known Member

Zerks are fine, but you're right that paladins (and also bruisers) are in a pretty tough spot. Bruisers are pretty niche and I have no idea what you would do with a paladin. Rogues are also in a pretty bad place given the issues with mob mitigation being so low that debuffs do next to nothing.
  14. Papablaze Member

Rogues need help, I think everything else is in a pretty fine spot outside of maybe minor tweaks.
  15. fencedin New Member

I like how a bug report turned into a discussion about balancing classes.... And not even balancing shamans.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Rogues are pretty fine to be honest, it still requires around 3k mitigation debuffs to cap a mob, so physical debuffs matter. Zerker's are "fine" but they don't offer the monk avoidance reroll's and the 5% uncontested avoidance coming from the monk's tank avoid. Not to mention mantis star next expansion will be a damage increaser. Best setup is by far guard/monk and a sk in 2nd mage group if you have one/need one(princes)
    Atan likes this.
  17. fencedin New Member

Is this going to be looked at and fixed for KoS?
  18. fencedin New Member

19. R_Sin New Member

i think its been commented by devs that the fix to this is not easy... i'll be honest and say i'm not probably savy enough to say its easy or not.

but it would be cool if one of the best game mechanics could be effective on 100% of our shaman's spells, not just direct heals.

wards need some love, too.