Bug: todays' patch broke the 12th anniversary mount

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Alenna, May 9, 2017.

1. Bunji Developer

I checked with our design team, and it should be taking TS level into account, and that will be fixed in a future update.
    Prissetta, Gromp and Shmogre like this.
  2. Gromp New Member

Thanks, sure hope so. I tried again today after the patch, to make sure of my info. I tried with a High Elf...Templar...lvl 32 adventurer who is a lvl 96 crafter. Still couldn't do a thing except examine the 12th anniversary creature.

Future update meaning next week maybe? Hopefully?
  3. Blazen Active Member

From the CoU days?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Lilithium New Member

After the 5-11 patch the Anniversary mount is still broke. The mount says the minimum level to use it is ten. None of my characters are below 20. So... :( maybe next week.
  5. Gromp New Member

Don't know what CoU means...?
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

Sadly, this was the only mount one of my characters had and it won't work at all.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I noticed this on one character after the 5-09 patch. Since the 5-11 patch, it's been CASCADING. EVERY toon I log in with now, who had been able to mount up on it before, suddenly can't any more. :mad:

Uwk
    who wonders: why muck about with a critter whose write-up says "Only an 10th and higher seasoned adventurer or tradeskiller will be able to summon this patchwork steed" and has since last November, when it was given wings and we were allowed to fly it? Did the level 100s complain about that too much? :-/
    Juraiya and Shmogre like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...the bleeding of abilities seems to have stopped since then; I've been able to log in with other toons and it's still there and flying (like an old WWII poster: "Keep 'em flying!"), so that's good. I just can't predict when the lack will rear its ugly head again. :-/

Uwk
    who hates not knowing...
  9. Tanek New Member

After today's patch, this is what I get with the anniversary mount equipped.
    [BUG] Cannot cast. Failure type unimplemented: 43. Failure reason: [unknown]

What, exactly, is going on with this and why was it so urgent to "fix" the mount after all this time?
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We want the mount fixed (heck, just put it back the way it was, DEVS, it was working back then) because someone decided it needed breaking...apparently, one of the devs got cranky that we could actually get to a Boss critter in the Zek "instance" at "too low a level" (in which case, just make it so no one can fly in that area; they've done that before in high-level zones). X-P

The most recent "fix" was to try to fix the thing they broke, apparently. :-/

Haven't gotten back in game again recently to check, but I believe you. At least we're finally getting some sort of error message, which I see as sort of an improvement. :(

Uwk
    who's also started a rant on the Player Support page, unaware of this thread...but you might want to tell the devs about that there as well, Tanek
  11. Gromp New Member

Well, I'm still not getting an error message, one of my characters who could no longer use this mount last week can now use it.
    Lvl 31 adventurer-lvl 98 crafter.

So what is with the description that says you have to be a lvl 10 adenturer or a lvl 10 tradeskiller to summon this mount when my level 18 adventurer who is a level 34 tradeskiller/crafter cannot summon the patchwork at all today, when he could do this a couple of weeks ago before it first got "broken"?
  12. Gromp New Member

Supposed to be able to summon Skyfire the phoenix as a level 30th level adventurer or a level 30th tradeskiller....this does not work either!

Now I have no wings at all for my guy who could fly a couple of weeks ago.
  13. Test Taffies Active Member

The image I took a few minutes ago TODAY [IMG] does not show that the mount is required to have the character be level 35 to fly. WAS not updated to level 35 anything. http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/micc14th/library/EQ2
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Why? And what other possible bonuses did we ever get at level 10?

Why the nerf?

EDIT: And when was the nerf ever mentioned in the Game Update Notes?

Uwk
    Juraiya likes this.
  15. Fantelle New Member

My two toons who can still use the mount, but don't have flying on it are both level 27, and neither hit level 10 in crafting, since I have other toons who all cover each crafting base. So, because neither are 10 in crafting, I leveled one of them to hit 10, logged off and on and no change. I can only use the mounts for ground, not flight. So I am going to level my crafting on them to 20 and see what happens. If still no change, then it's not that issue. Please fix. It shouldn't be dependent on crafting levels anyway.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There was a dev who didn't like us flying until 35 in either (depending on which you reached first), so you can't yet. Examine the mount again and check the fine print. :(

Uwk
    also not happy about it :(
    Breanna likes this.