{Bug} This item in use by another player

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by suka, Jan 19, 2016.

1. suka Well-Known Member

why is it, after all this time, we still have this bug? i am very tired of every time i go to put something in the bank, place something in a house or put something on the broker, i am told that some other player is digging in my personal backpacks and using my stuff. any way to stop this? i am going to post this to the bug site as soon as i can find the link to it. i thought i bookmarked it but can't find it.
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

3. Adevil Well-Known Member

How do you make that happen even? I've never seen that error message. Not to say it doesn't exist, but until 2 minutes ago when I read your post I had no idea there was such a bug.

Edit: If it's relatively new, I'm playing on the TLE so maybe some difference between TLE and live?
    Spindle likes this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

flameweaver likes this.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

not new - has been happening for at least the past three years. i suggest you go to the live server and try putting stuff in houses. sooner or later you will see it. but i first saw it years ago when putting stuff in my shared bank
  6. suka Well-Known Member

7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Odd. But then I tend to just empty my house items into a shared dungeon (which is a total mess, LOL) rather than into a house. I hate vendoring the quest items, even though I know I'll never use them, and probably should just go for the gold.
  8. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i've seen the bug on stormhold, it's not just live. suka really needs a good bugspray cause she gets it way more than i ever do lol.
    suka likes this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

i was in a dungeon when it happened last
  10. suka Well-Known Member

i am beginning to think i need ingame off spray or neet oil. i seem to find most of the bugs in the game
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

happened again while working on a house- so frustrating. the devs say they can't reproduce it. so i sent them this screenshot

[IMG]
  12. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Suka is NOT crazy. :) I've had this happen, as well. Not sure which house I was working on, but I'd remembered her post, at the time.
    suka likes this.
  13. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it's bad enough to get it when you're laying tiles... usually i will switch to the next two or three, because it can happen more than once, but when it's a more unique item like the lamp it's head against wall time.
    suka likes this.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

yes and it is not always convenient to keep zoning in and out of the house to be able to use the tiles or other items. sometimes i crash with repeated zoning and sometimes i zone out, it seems to fix it, i zone back in, and another item becomes locked by the bug.

can everyone please go to the site listed above and vote on the problem and let them know i am not the only one with the problem? they say they can't reproduce it.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I know this sounds crazy but have you tried using another mouse and or change mouse settings?
    I had a friend whose mouse took on a life of it's own and no matter what, it would double click which wreaked havoc on using it for most things.
    If that doesn't help, then I am at a loss as to why it's happening.:cool:
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

If it were the mouse, one would think that it would happen for more things than just placing items.

If I have many of a thing or am unsure if I have some stuffed in the wrong bag, I drag the item I want to place to an empty spot on my hot bar. From there I can just hit whichever hotkey is appropriate to get the item into my house then mouse click to place.

It was happening to me often last night placing a bunch of candles from Frostfell. What seems to happen is I take the item, put it down, then go to grab another of the same kind but it actually picks back up the one I just placed in the house again instead somehow. I then might be able to put it back down, or it bugs out and I get the "this item is in use by someone else".
    suka likes this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

actually this is a new mouse. i have been through about 4 mice in the last 3 years and it has been happening off and on for that long. i don't think it is the mouse.

there is a bug with certain gaming mice where you have to clean the little light on the bottom with alcohol or they will start double-clicking instead of single clicking. that is really bad in LOTRO where an accidental double click can actually use a potion or item when trying to trade it or put it in the bank. haven't found as many problems with that in eq2. besides, double clicking would not cause the emote that someone is in your bag using your stuff.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

yes that sometimes happens, but i only had one of that lamp in my entire inventory. and it suddenly happened. it also happened to a starry tile- which i had a number of. so that scenario would be accurate for the tile but not the lamp
  19. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

kuu, because i play one-handed(torn medial tendons in dom arm), i mouse-look/move everywhere, i'm on my 3rd mouse in 6 months(keep breaking the right mouse button, since i cannot seem to relax my grip with my off-hand). good thought, but i don't think that's the issue. i get it off and on... and if i get it right now while working on the krom, things will get broken!
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

I was just outlining the scenario in which I have experienced the bug most recently. Anything and everything that might help them figure out how to duplicate and fix it.
    suka likes this.