[Bug?] These items can't be placed in depots but are primary ingredients in recipes.

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Senya, Dec 31, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Chromatic Essences and Reflective Smoldering Shards can't be placed in depots (at least not personal depots - haven't tried the gh depot, but I suspect it's the same). They also can't be stored in the Wantia Artisan's Satchel. Can this please get changed since they are used as primary components in recipes.
    I'm starting a list here of things that should be able to be placed in the depots/artisan satchels since they are primary components in many recipes, and to the best of my knowledge are only used for crafting various items.
    • Chromatic Essence
    • Reflective Smoldering Shard
    • Frostbitten Parsnip (Will go in the Wantia Artisan's Satchel, but won't let me put into my personal depot)
    • Fresh Pomegranate (harvested in Shard of Love for the provi recipes)
    • Fermented Pomegranate (harvested in Shard of Love for the provi recipes)
    • Colossal Reactant
    • Momentous Reactant
    • Phenomenal Reactant
    • Anomalous Reactant
    • Aberrant Reactant
    • Powerful Reactant
    • Simmering Reactant
    • Murmuring Reactant
    • Humming Reactant
    • Aspect of War
    • Frozen Shard of Magic
    • Globe of Coalescing Shadows
    • Bloodied Remnant of Rage
    • Seed of Growth

Edit: Since posting this I've found one more item and Rijacki's post let me know of some items I'd not tried to put in a depot yet. I *assume* it's all reactants and all the DoV dropped items so I listed them all here. Thanks for the heads up, Rijacki! Hopefully these will get changed.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Same with Rectants and the DoV drop items.
  3. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

Senya wrote:
    The items marked in red are not harvestable items. They are either gotten as chest drops or the daily quest from the tradeskill apprentice. The harvesting depots only allow harvested items thus why you cannot place those items in them. The parsnip and pomegranites should be allowed since those you do have to actually harvest.
  4. ARCHIVED-RandomWalk Guest

Hakdagutz@Butcherblock wrote:
    However you can already put transmuting products (fragments etc), the by-products of making expert spells (dusts) and body drops for making world event items (eg love hearts from Erollisi) into the guild harvesting depot so there is a precedent for the items listed by Senya to go into the depots and satchel. Please devs can you make it so?
    Aeriel
  5. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

Aeriel@Runnyeye wrote:
    Didn't say there was no precedent for changing it. Personally I would like the items to be able to be added as well, was just stating the reason why they currently will not go in there. You wouldn't think it would take too much coding to allow this, but then again the way things tend to break in this game when one thing is fixed I don't know if it would be worth the hassle.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Another one for the list, the Seeds for the Emerald Halls recipes. I hadn't thought about them until I got some for Far Seas Innovation while doing the Frostfell crafting instance.
    As a side note: Are those recipes now sold by the Far Seas faction merchant in addition to being drop items in EH?
  7. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Yes, you can buy them in Mara with tokens. And thank you for the addition. Adding that to the list now.
  8. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Any chance we can get this post stickied?