[Bug] Symphony of the Void rune and you - no extra ticks

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Twisty, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Twisty Well-Known Member

I postponed this long enough, hoping someone more eager-beaver than me will provide some evidence, but I guess the young ones with energy are off playing other games. Anyhow, tested on Necro this rune is not working as advertised - you do not get an extra tick on any of your dots.

Before you jump at me with wah wah extra-tick AAs, max ticks cap - I been around the block. Tested with and without, details below, but tl;dr - there is no extra tick on Necro. I'd say you need to test for your own class if you consider using this rune, but my money is on that it's just broken across the board.

Extra duration does work as advertised. Tho it's both good and bad on Necro. Works on base duration. For example - base Blighted Horde is 6s. AAs add another 5s (don't get me started that Necro class rune effect is broken now because of this, but whatev). 11s vs 11.3 with Symphony. Depending on how your BlightedHorde cast happens to line up with the update-clock on the server, your BlightedHorde may or may not result in extra few swings since the individual dumbfires appear to attack on 1s interval. Extra duration for Bloodcoil (and other normal dots) is a negative, since it doesn't have extra ticks in it, just stretched out duration.

Extra range may or may not work and I care a whole 0 about it, since it does nothing for extending Unda range.

------------------ Data ----------------
    - Tests on Chatizad (1st named in Expert Tomb of Venerated). Don't test on dummies as dot ticks are bugged on them due to whatever but probably due to immunity / revive code (you get inconsistent number of ticks on each cast of same dot).
    - Make sure you remove all such gear until your AbilityDoublecast is 0 and SpellDoublecast is >100.
    - Tick changes are in multiple-of-2 due to doubling up via RottingFlesh prestige AA that I was too lazy to remove. So dropping selfUT's 2 ticks is actually 8 - 2x for RottingFlesh doubling up and x2 for 100% spellDC

1. with selfUT (2ticks) + AccDecay (2ticks)
    Bloodcoil 56 - Symphony or not
    Bats 44 - Symphony or not
    Soulrot 36 - Symphony or not
    Blighted 60 - Symphony or not //Didn't get lucky in my casts
    Awaken 8 - no Symphony, 8 & 10 - with Symphony //Got lucky once on a cast, 1 extra swing got in (DC'ed)

2. with no selfUT, with AccDecay (2 ticks)
    Bloodcoil 48 - Symphony or not
    Bats 36 - Symphony or not
    Soulrot 28 - Symphony or not

3. with no selfUT, no AccDecay
    Bloodcoil 40 - Symphony or not
    Bats 28 - Symphony or not
    Soulrot 20 - Symphony or not
  2. Zule Member

I can confirm the same problem affects the other orange run, Chorus of the Night - no extra tick, just the duration is extended, which is actually bad for dps.
  3. Scalo Active Member

bump. problem still exists
  4. semisus Does not play this game

I hope this is a priority of daybreak , nothing worse than getting this and thinking WOW jus tto find out its not working.
  5. Daryl Bones New Member

Also while on the subject as a necro... Necros are currently at the DoT "extra tick" cap, so even if the rune did work as intended, we would need to have the current tick cap raised in order for us to see any benefit from the currently broken portion of the rune, otherwise we will only see the benefits that are being provided now anyways.
  6. Arieva Well-Known Member

was this ever fixed?
  7. Twisty Well-Known Member

this is now fixed. doesn't change Soulrot because at tick cap, but works for others