[BUG] Smoldering coal cost

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-bellows, Nov 21, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-bellows Guest

If I buy smoldering coal in the tradeskill instance in Scale Yard it's costs me 1g if I sell it back to the wholesaler she only gives me 50s for it.

This is also effecting the vendor resell value of the apprentice IV's i'm making.

On a side note why doesn't doing tradeskill writs in freeport give faction to freeport?
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

bellows wrote:
    Are you a citizen of Neriak? You get status for the city you're a resident of.
    Smoldering Coal is fine at Wayfarer's....
  3. ARCHIVED-bellows Guest

No have been citizen of freeport for the whole of my life =)

Is wayfarer's a qeynos TS instance ?

I had an idea that it might be to do with the fact i only have 35k faction with freeport, however buying/selling the t8 incense is fine.

With only 35k faction with freeport having been a citizen since day 1 thats when i noticed i'm not getting any faction with "The city of freeport" despite slugging my guts out for them =p
  4. ARCHIVED-bellows Guest

Ok more information if I log my qeynos alt I can buy and resell the t8 coal for 1g, so everything in qeynos seems hunky dory.

Will try some more TS instance freeport side i don't have any neriak/kelethin toons.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

you don't get faction with the 'city of freeport' for doing writs. you get faction with the group that your working for. for freeport the tradeskill faction is the Coalition of Tradesfolk, or something similar.
  6. ARCHIVED-bellows Guest

Hmm... ok it seems I have a corrupt stack of coal - if I place that stack of coal in the bank I am able to buy and sell coal for the correct price of 1gold.

The only thing I can think of that may of corrupted my coal was I failed making pristine on one app iv (not paying attention =) ) and got some coal returned to me.

Will try failing another one =)
  7. ARCHIVED-bellows Guest

Ok it's not that either....

I have no idea where my corrupt stack of coal came from... best leave it to make adept 3's with.