Duplicate [BUG] Shik'nar public mount issue

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Elinea, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Elinea Well-Known Member

There seems to be a bug with the Shik'nar in Recuso Tor. If a character jumps off the mount while in flight, the mount in Recuso can no longer be right clicked to choose a destination (both options appear greyed out). I noticed this during beta but had no idea what caused it...and I'm still not 100% sure. This is an assumption I believe to be correct.

So far, I can select a destination on the Recuso Shik'nar on any given character, but once a character has jumped off while in flight, the choices are no longer available to that specific character. The character can still left click and travel to whichever the default is (Greig's Spire I think). I have logged out for the day, and the following day, I still can't choose a destination. I do believe patch day resets it (and why I couldn't figure it out in beta, because of almost daily patches).
    Moonfyre, Ameva, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Interesting. I jump off the darn thing only when the Sanctus Seru landing is greyed out, because you can start it back toward the spire, bail halfway, then fly or hoof it.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Descord Member

i got the options greyed out as well
    tho im not pointing at reasons why its doing that myself
  4. Elinea Well-Known Member

Ok, I may be off on why it's happening. In Blinding 1, greyed out. In Blinding 2, not greyed out. I'm back to square one of not having a single clue.

Edit: Maybe if it's in use in another instance, it's greyed out in the first one? I am grasping at straws now.
  5. Grith247 New Member

This is bugged for me. The Griegs and Sanctus Seru mounts are fine but the one at Recuso Tor has both destinations greyed-out and a third 'Hail' option not greyed-out but doesn't do anything. From my experience if you double-click the beast it seems to fly you to Griegs so I do that and if I want Santus Seru jump off halfway :eek:
    Lateana and Ameva like this.
  6. Tangris Well-Known Member

^THIS
    Lateana likes this.
  7. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yup this is a definite issue.
  8. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Like so so many other things - this was an issue in beta as well. The solution was to just respawn the mount which does nothing to fix the problem on Live.
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I am seeing this too. Someone said in another thread that it might be that the bugs feet are sinking into the sand, but that seems a remote possibility.
  10. Elinea Well-Known Member

I can't figure the cause yet. If it's greyed out, I can switch zones and it works in the next zone. Until whatever is breaking it happens in Blinding 2, then when Blinding 3 spins up, it works fine....and round and round it goes.
  11. Graiser New Member

Affecting me too, on Skyfire, instance 1.
  12. Argosunited Well-Known Member

whatever is causing it, it needs to be fixed.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm liking the Recuso Tor Shik'Nar fix. Going to a dialog is better than right-clicking anyway.
    Breanna and Chrol like this.