[BUG]s Mischief Managed

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

1. illusions and size changing effects are PREVENTED from having said effect while in "mine" instance.
    2. after having crafted the Pickaxes on the Anvil, the wall lights up,... and NOTHING happens when Left-clicking on to interact with. Right-clicking only gives a vague yet obvious response of "You will need a Sturdy Pick to get through this material!"
    so.
    Opening up one's Knowledge Book (since said pickaxes are already in one's bags) one attempts to use their MINING skill,... you know, "mining" to proceed to dig through hard material/ground/earth, i.e. excavate? Yet the error "there is not eligible target."
    Recommendation(s)
    A. Run Beta testing for longer period of time to get things actually fixed that are found to be broken.
    B: Recruit beta testers that are:
    I. disciplined that can pay attention to details
    II. disciplined that can hold to established standards.
    III. are NOT sycophants.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Did you try equipping the sturdy pick?
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

o_O
    umm,.. since when did "Mining" require one to equip something?
    for the last ~20 years, use of the Mining skill in the Knowledge Book has always allowed me to "mine."
  4. Kaitheel Developer

It's not using the mining technique, to my knowledge.

~ Kaitheel
    Noizette likes this.
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

so if I am understanding correctly, one is in a "mine," where one is expected to travel a distance through rock/dirt underground, and this is not mining,... how?
    maybe excavating? pretty sure these are close enough in meaning to be interchangeable,...
    /confused
  6. Gubba Bump Member

It's just a mechanic of the quest that has nothing to do with the harvesting skill. It's just like "fishing" up the spirits in Darklight Woods in the last quest to get the mount from the starter line. You have to equip the "fishing pole" but you aren't really fishing.
    Pijotre and Breanna like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That was excessively harsh on the testers. I mean, you JUST CRAFTED picks. Why didn't you examine said picks?
    Breanna, Pijotre, Bludd and 2 others like this.
  8. Gninja Developer

I've stepped through the part in question and everything is working as expected as far as I can tell. Niami and her crew of testers did a fantastic job of testing this questline and its not really fair to blame her for something not working the way you expect it should.

The few main issues we have been running into with this quest line had nothing to do with anything they had tested. The "mining" and "digging" was thoroughly tested and is working correctly, hope you enjoy the rest of the content!
    Feara, Breanna, Pijotre and 2 others like this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah for me it was obvious you had to equip the pick to use it
    Breanna and Pijotre like this.
  10. Azrael's Tear Active Member

I thought the part in the mine was fun. I didnt read any spoilers or a walk-through before doing it and only took me a couple tries before I looked at the picks and realized they were equippable and I should probably try that. Things like this keep the game fun and interesting. I also want to give a huge THANK YOU all the testers who made sure as many bugs were squashed as possible before it was released. Other than the known issues on the convince portion of the questline (which by the way, thank you again to Gninja for stepping in and pushing out temporary fixes for those who got stuck) I would say this questline was very well implemented, a lot of fun and a great success. :)
    Juraiya, Breanna and Gninja like this.