Bug report: apparently you DELETED FEATURES FROM MY ACCOUNT?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Crastinal, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Crastinal Active Member

Character was in Plane of Magic because of promotion - thought it was ending midnight TODAY, but whatever.
    At login, character is reset to North Qeynos gate. Enter town, enter my prestige house, attempt to talk to Tradeskill Apprentice in order to coach it and the game is telling me "You do not have the Tradeskill Apprentice Feature!" what is completely stupid because I purchased the feature way back in 2014.
    /show_account_features shows my account has enabled The Bloodline Chronicles, The Splitpaw Saga and The Fallen Dynasty. NOTHING ELSE. You erased EVERY expansion I and feature I purchased in the game? Seriously, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
    I had a blast playing PoP this week and thought it was a great way to show the expansion for people to try-before-buy, but if anything, this kind of bug convinces people never to spend money on the game at all.
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Is this a thing? Just had someone ask me in-game about losing ToT access after the 100 heroic expiration...
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Apparently it is! Couple of other threads popping up about some features being removed.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/messed-up-ftp-accounts.585459/#post-6509476
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-free-100-toon-offer-end.585456/#post-6509479

From those two other threads it seems the missing feature can be 'put to rights' if you camp to a different character. Possibly a workaround to at least get that bit fixed.
  4. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

How.. unfortunate.

The player I spoke with went ahead and bought the PoP expac which naturally cleared up the rollback issue. So they at least earned 31.00 from one person with these database hijinx.
    Meneltel likes this.
  5. Bunji Developer

Make sure you try exiting out completely and logging back in. There were no features actually added or removed from accounts with the promo (just smoke and mirrors behind the scenes).
    Crastinal and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Crastinal Active Member

After exit and login again the character came back to normal despite tradeskill apprentice losing its title.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Unless you (using generally, not you specifically), purchased ToT or KA or PoP, you will not have access to ToT, ftp expansions opening ended with AoM.
  8. Crastinal Active Member

No Cyrrena. If you read the original post you'd see the bug erased absolutely every feature from my account. Other people reported the same: in game I just helped someone who just subscribed the game two weeks ago and lost access to general chat and could only ask for help in the NEWBIE channel. All that because these people (me included) didn't purchase Planes of Prophecy yet.

Daybreak really really really messed up on this one. And I'm not even stressing that according to the press-release access to the areas was supposed to end midnight today (AFTER June 7th).

Easy fix, logoff then login and the account is back to the way it was before the fumble, yes. But this kind of mistake was not even supposed to happen. Because it said so on the tin: "After June 7th, characters that have leveled above 100 will stay at their current level, but will not be able to level up further unless the Planes of Prophecy expansion is purchased. Characters in expansion zones will be automatically removed from the area upon zoning in, and you'll be able to continue your adventures outside the Planes."

9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

My two characters are now able to go back to their ascension tutors. It took several relogs to do it though.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. oldskool Active Member

So is the prestige tag on the armor for the free heroic ftp accounts correct? If so, serious bait and switch tactic.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Well, the 'fix' was temporary. My Characters are back to being stripped. I am back to being gated at the Desert of Flames expansion. The message I get says I need to buy the Kingdom of the Sky. This includes my level 100 characters that were NOT upgraded via this promotion! My characters UNDER 100 are not being affected.