[BUG] Orange Runes on PQ Status merchant

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Aiglo, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Aiglo New Member

Merchant: Amarat the Procurer
    2 of the previous bugs are now confirmed to be fixed, the rune level not carrying over to same account and the missing option to buy previous level.
    In this fix a new bug emerged and it is easy to spot that it is a simple mistake when the fix for activating the rune on account unlock was done the lvl4 price was carried from initial cost to unlocked cost.

On live:
    Orange runes
    Level ::: Innitial cost ::: Unlocked cost
    1:::35PQ:::25PQ
    2:::75PQ:::50PQ
    3:::150PQ:::75PQ
    4:::300PQ:::300PQ

Expected result from test:
    Orange runes
    Level ::: Innitial cost ::: Unlocked cost
    1:::35PQ:::25PQ
    2:::75PQ:::50PQ
    3:::150PQ:::75PQ
    4:::300PQ:::100PQ

From many of us that have alts we are really happy you added the PQ as an option for the runes, sure many discussions right now in General is that the price might be too steep with 560PQ for each rune account unlock and that you cant "grandfather" the old PG runes to count as unlock.
    To fix this bug above is urgent or else make it possible to buy lvl 3 always on alts, since there is no person in EQ2 with 5 alts that would be able to get the runes. (Lvl3 at 75 is as expected and at least in reach for most)

Many I ask have between 2 and 7 alts so lets calculate on 4alts.
    Initial unlock: 4x560PQ=2240PQ
    4alts x (4x300=1200PQ)=4800PQ
    Total=7040PQ=704 rounds of Public quests for subscribers and 1408 for standard accounts each taking 30min so 352hours or 704hours respectively.
    And this is without the wrists that adds 300PQX5 characters (1500PQ)
    With estimated average playtime 3hours a day would set this at maybe 1.5 Public quest a day.
    Somewhere around 600days.

Why is this an issue worth mentioning, well since people dont have time or energy etc to deal with this it feeds in to standing AFK in public quests.
    People can then get more PQs per day. And if you dont believe us log on any server and go in to PQ 1, 20 AFK minimum of the 48.
    Urgent for this is fix the bugged price on Lvl 4 on unlocked accounts as reported above. And later we beg of you adjust the pricing a bit so more will attend the PQs and not just say "Its pointless I will never get 2240PQ to unlock lvl4 or even one rune at 560PQ".
    Make the pricing attractive and more will attend actively.
    When you think cost for PQ items, think time spent, if its a quest would 3-6month to get what you need even you do all you can everyday be realistic? Epic 2 can be done in 1-2weeks with same effort. Should these runes be more exotic to get?

Keep up the good work trying to fix things, we hope you will help us out here so the community can continue to enjoy the game on alts too.
    Rosyposy and Lateana like this.
  2. Aiglo New Member

Waited 3 patches and the Tradeskill bugs to settle down before reminding that this bug is still not fixed.
    I know you are very busy after the TS questline, and regardless of what some complains about, me and my wife loved the questline and the rewards from it.
    As it sits now the workaround for the Orange rune problem me and many I talk to is to stay at level 3, but thats not a good solution.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Aiglo New Member

I apologize to reply to this again to ask the following.
    Why have we not heard anything about this yet?
    If it is intentional im sure you see the flaw in the math. (No logic in punishing someone for unlocking from 3 to 4)
    We are a growing group of people staying on level 3 of the adornments just since it is a huge value loss to upgrade to 4 now since the price is bugged on the unlocked rune on alt accounts.
    Please fix this now quickly. Its just to correct the price on the unlocked price.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You probably won't hear much about it if you're trying to highlight it in this specific forum. This isn't a Test-specific issue, and most of the devs tend to skip right over this forum unless they are actively testing something and looking for feedback on it.

It'd probably get more attention if it went somewhere like the Items and Equipment forum or such.

~Mum