[BUG] L91 Sash Recipes for Jeweler bugged

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-BeeJay, Jun 8, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-BeeJay Guest

The bear pelt/reptile hide sash recipes for the Jeweler are bugged.
    1. Recipe says loom is required - should be workbench
    2. Recipe requires filament as fuel - should be coal
    3. Trying to make the sash at any loom, errors with the message "You must target or be near a loom to start this recipe"
    I've reported this.
    Domino, please come back, tradeskills in dire need of some TLC
  2. ARCHIVED-Mheryl Guest

This has been going on since the recipes came out. Is there any way someone can tell us why this hasn't been fixed? Yes, we can still complete the recipes with some luck but every reaction that comes up is a tailor reaction and as jewelers we can't respond so we lose durability or whatever.
    Come on, it's been months. Could someone just take a look please?
  3. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Would be nice to understand why/when something like this will get fixed. There are other items (some of the new apprentice items come to mind) that also have the wrong reactions and still have not been fixed.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    Yes... would love to know why this is taking so long as well. =\
    Belts and draconic knowledge carpenter statues both need fixed! Shame we seem to have misplaced our tradeskill dev.
  5. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Well, our new tradeskill person hasn't even logged on to the forums for a month, so who knows what is going on.....
    And yeah, I too miss Domino like crazy.
  6. ARCHIVED-melanie66 Guest

I don't suppose there's been any word on this?
  7. ARCHIVED-kbear Guest

Just fyi they say they are working on it and know of the bugs.
    Customer kimibear soe via CSS Web07/20/2012 06:49 AM
    I thank you for your response but maybe the Devs could be a little more vigilant about posting on the forums on these issues... 3 months with no response is very poor customer service.
    Response SOE Customer Service via Email07/20/2012 06:29 AM
    Greetings Tajena!

This is GM Buncle. I am sorry to hear that your recipes are tagged as using the loom instead of workbench. Our Dev Team has been made aware of this and is currently working to look into this. Until they are able to get it sorted out, unfortunately, there is nothing we are able to do to work around it. In the meantime, continue to keep your eyes on the forums and patch notes for updates from our Dev Team. If you have any other concerns, please, let us know. I wish you the best of luck in your continued adventures through Norrath!

GM Buncle
    EverQuest II
    Sony Online Entertainment

You can find our Top Known Issues here: http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/ans...id/12648/kw/tki
    To search our Knowledge Base please go to: http://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/ans...20/c/0/search/1
    Customer kimibear soe via CSS Web07/20/2012 06:23 AM
    this post is from April http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=517575 and again no respose from a dev
    Customer kimibear soe via CSS Web07/20/2012 06:20 AM
    Some of the jeweler recipes have been bugged since the release of the Withered Lands content. With a thread on the forums about it there is not one response from a dev. http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=519059
    This is rather ridiculous since we cannot make these items that are bugged and are not getting any answers as to a fix. These recipes should be on a workbench not a loom ...yet when you go to loom they aren't there at all...someone really messed this up and no one has yet to fix it. I myself have bugged it several times.
  8. ARCHIVED-Smirkey_of_Nektulos Guest

What's so sad about this is that the "fix" probably requires no more than going into a big spreadsheet and changing the values in a few cells; something which should be able to get done in half an hour at most.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  9. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Nunja@Unrest_old wrote:
    That is just their canned response everytime a bug is reported via petition. I'm sure they put it into whatever system they have in place to get the info to the right person but that is pretty much the identical response you get to anything.
    I also know people personally told Devs in chat about the bug while the update was still on test. A dev somewhere has known about that bug since pretty much the first day anyone had the recipes. Then again, there's a low level cloth chest piece that has been bugged since right before or right after Domino left that still is unwearable by mages so I've pretty much resigned myself to tradeskills only getting the most high profile bugs fixed for now. =(
  10. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

I would not hope for any swift resolution of this, if you look at the 8 month old thread re errors. Sadly, that thread is but a continuation of a similar thread on Test.. where the Test community tried valiantly to get somebody, anybody, to address the errors before they went live. The errors went live, and remain.
    Priority on tradeskill fixes is lower than repainting froglock spots, TBH.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rogue4Life Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...isn't a sash a fabric accessory (or in this case, pelt accessory)? If so, then making it on the loom makes perfect sense.
    It's not unheard of for tradeskill classes to use a different piece of equipment to make items. Carpenters use at least a couple different 'machines', for example. So I'm not sure I understand why this sash recipe is a problem, aside from the targeting issue. Can someone clarify?
  12. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

Rogue4Life wrote:
    Belts, Sashes, Scarves.. all jewelry and made on a workbench. Always have been at all tiers to my knowledge.
    Very few recipes for most TS professions cross to a different station, carpenter having the most of them that do.
    Problem is, wrong station, wrong fuel, inconsistancy with previous 9 tiers of the same slot items. and.. broken
  13. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Rogue4Life wrote:
    Yes.
    Here is the problem. You are on your jeweler. You use N to open your recipe book and search for sash. You look at woven bear sash. It says it is using artificing...the jeweler skill. It says it is from the Jewelers recipe book. It says you must use the loom (jewelers use the workbench). It says you must use filament (the workbench uses coal, the loom uses filament).
    You go to the loom. You click on the recipe. It says it cannot target the loom. You open your recipes that are on the loom. The woven bear slash is not listed. You cannot craft it using a loom. It is not allowed. There is NO way to craft it using the loom.
    You go to the workbench. You click on the recipe in the recipe list. It says you cannot target the loom. You then click on the workbench and voila, you can find the recipe that says it is crafted on the loom but ONLY can be crafted on the workbench.
    You begin crafting. Your jeweler icons are there as you would expect because well, you are a jeweler, and you are using the workbench. Then up pops an event to counter. With a tailor icon. From a loom. Well can't counter it. so you fail it and click the durability icons to make up for it. Eventually even tailor's insight pops up. Can't counter it either. So hopefully you are able to make up for 100% failed countering of events that pop up by spamming durability.
    It looks like the recipe was created by someone who doesn't know anything at all about crafting. At all. Not even the basic fact that a workbench is not a loom.
    Edit: Picture is worth a thousand words.
    [IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Why not just give all belts to Tailors instead?
  15. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Because in all the other tiers they are in jeweler recipe books. Do you really want every sash recipe in the game broken? If they were "adjusted" to all be for tailors now believe me they would lose stats, be halfway done for the workbench and halfway done for the loom and all broken. Right now its just the latest ones made that can't be crafted properly. No need in breaking the rest of them.
  16. ARCHIVED-ZachSpastic Guest

Aneova@Kithicor wrote:
    You've played this game for going on seven years and never learned that belts are a jewelry slot item? Do you raid naked?
  17. ARCHIVED-BeeJay Guest

I bugged this nearly two months ago, I know others have bugged it previously, yet you couldn't find the time to fix it whilst doing this:
    Jeweler: Level 60 recipes previously found in the Jeweler Essentials Volume 59 and Advanced Jeweler Volume 59 are now found in the level 60 volumes. The recipes have also been modified to require the new tier crafting components.
    /boggles
  18. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I noticed that too. Priorities, priorities, priorities.
  19. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

TRADESKILLS
    Level 91 belt recipes now have appropriate reaction arts.
  20. ARCHIVED-BeeJay Guest

Katz wrote:
    Aye, spotted that, but nothing about fixing it to use the correct fuel and workbench. One can only hope this got fixed as well.