[BUG] Kaedrin's Fate

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Cyliena, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

DISREGARD: Someone told me to check Elddar Grove and sure enough, she's also there and offers the quest. *sigh*

I was mentored when I went into the Claymore chamber for the quest Kaedrin Ironforge's Trial. When the reward box popped up and I unmentored, then had to zone out to see the appropriate stats of the rewards without talking to Antonia to pick up Kaedrin's Fate. When I tried to zone back in, I couldn't. Visited Antonia in the castle and she just thanks me and does not offer me a quest.

Short version:
    1. Finished Kaedron Ironforge's Trial, left zone without accepting Kaedrin's Fate
    2. Cannot get back into claymore chamber zone and Antonia does not offer Fate in the castle.

Yes, I have finished my archetype and racial quests.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Related to this quest though, when you go to turn in Kaedrin's Fate there's two choices both called "Queen Antonia's Chambers" for zoning in. Really difficult to know which is the correct one. ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

Devs, I HATE YOU!!! died several times when his message about pains ( i withdrawn from combat) and die by hands, i was instantly died.
    i feel this is worst design for solo.
    i was trying to avoid reflect damage that he reversed my hits as i back away when he mentioned "pain", then die by hands and i got no chance to resume hitting in attempt to subdue Kaedrin.
    i had to stop this unfinished quest since my reflex and response are not that quick, now i am cussing just about every words in the book, hating this disgusting script.
    What good is that city guard with me to arrest, it hit like pea-shooter.
    i go to eq2zam, and not explaining how to defeat with details, it was too vague.
    what am i suppose to do? run and avoiding and let guard do the work? tried different ways and just gave up after few repairs. 25g per repair for each death is getting expensive. also my blood pressure just went up needlessly.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

I really had issues with that fight as well--I get so many attacks in one round that I simply couldn't hit him in-between the spell he casts without hurting myself. I ended up mentoring down to 85 so he didn't have bloated health (91+ seems to do that) and let the guard mainly hit him. I don't know if that's how it was supposed to be done, but that was the only way I was able to survive it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

after i read your advice, and went back to game earlier today, it works!
    gosh, you are genius! mentor down to 80 or 85 really helps! please make sure that info on eq2zam updated, it would help alot of others who get frustrated if they are +90 levels.
    yes, most of newer quest line are more involving and i enjoyed it alot, now if i can remember to mentor rest of my alts for kaedrin's fate next time. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-LittleSparkz Guest

I had issues with this as well and died like 20 times last night trying to complete it but took Cy's advice this morning and mentored to 80 and had no issue. I dismissed my pet and let the NPC attack Kaedrin while I stood at max range and concentrated on keeping him rooted and commanding the NPC back off when Kaedrin gave his warning text. It seemed to work pretty well. I used none of my own damage spells. Thanks Cyliena!
  7. ARCHIVED-Kaitheel Guest

There's a trick to this fight. I would suggest you read his dialogue for a good hint.
    As Fyreflyte said in another thread:
    That effect is actually something I created for a solo/small group mob for the EQ1 anniversary event (Magus Rokyl). So it's definitely been seen before. It's less a "deadly fail" condition and more of a "maybe you shouldn't just burn this mob straight down" condition [IMG]
    ~Kaitheel
  8. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

katheel, i did what it said, but i get instantly died as 92 lvl, so i took Cyliene'a advice, it was lot easier to chrono/mentor down to 85/80 lvl to get him subdue faster, he heal so fast twice, i think it was some glitch, i had to use 3 of my most damaging spells to get him to 40% before i had to stop hitting, no time for recalling the city guard from attacking or i get instant death, so i decided to heal myself and burn until he surrender.
    so, i dont like this kind of instant death "solo" script fights if they used "die by your hands" tactic, i feel it is cheap shot, i have tried many different ways and back off too many times, but chrono'ed down made it easier.
  9. ARCHIVED-Fyreflyte Guest

I'm adding a fix to the Kaedrin fight, since it sounds like many people are having trouble with him even when attempting the encounter in the intended fashion. Once this hotfix goes out, Kaedrin will not reflect the damage dealt to him for the first few seconds after starting his absorb ability. This should give you enough time to stop your dps, even with a bit of lag.
    You guys just do too much damage for your own good ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-chessdemon Guest

Finally finished it on my swashbuckler after what had to be the tenth try...key here, fellow poison-users: remember your DoT poisons! I kept getting killed by my own poisons, I'd stop attacking but of course the poison would keep working.
    Another thing, telling the useless city guard to just stand in a corner and not do anything helped me more than anything else. Let me whale on the guy, you...just stay there, arright...
    Kinda disappointed 'Agent of Qeynos' wasn't a title. Oh well.
  11. ARCHIVED-Grycks Guest

How do we control the guard? I finished it last night out of sheer luck and persistence and 10% health but is the damage the guard is doing being reflected on the player? That would make sense as I would do NO damage before his first record/reflect announcement yet I would take a 55% hit. Then I would cast one spell and the announcement would happen and boom...dead.
  12. ARCHIVED-chessdemon Guest

Alt-P to bring up the pet window, has the usual 'pet' commands (green dove to get him to back off, or click the shield and fort icons to tell him not to protect himself or you. If you do what I did anyway).
    I think yeah, Kaedrin's reflecting any and all damage, pets, poison, autoattack, whatever. Don't have proof of it, but it was the only explanation I could come up with for dying when I turned off all of my own attacks and having the guard still attack, then later when I was telling Useless (as I renamed the guard 'pet' ) to do nothing, me turning off all attacks as soon as the 'I'll get you, my pretty! And your little dog too!' message came up...and STILL dying. Can I charge Antonia for my repair bills?
  13. ARCHIVED-Zarc Guest

I can not do it. My ranger can get him down to about 10% but his message comes so abruptly that I always get a hit or two in after I should.

I finally did it, though I had to use a miracle, potions, and other stuff. It is really hard.
  14. ARCHIVED-Seertam Guest

Ok my mystic self did this first try - I just healed myself like crazy and used plenty of wards.
    My Paladin!!!!!! You have to be kidding. I followed the dialogue and stopped hitting etc but no way!! I even tried to unequip his weapons he stood there and did nothing but apply heals and then wham - dead - every time. I'm sure this isn't working as intended.
    Im going to find a chronomage to mentor down and try this but this is crazy right now.
  15. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Chess@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    /FACE PALM
    /HEAD DESK
    That explains it. I was on my Swash, kept dying, died four times. Fifth time, got him to the red, hit my Cheap Shot out of desperation and other stuns, I was surprised as hell that he knocked down and then I got a dialog box. I had taken off Hurricane but forgot the poisons, lol.
    I know we have to subdue him, what I"m wondering about is how do others who have no stuns or such (priest come to mind) do this. I've only run this on the Swash, not yet on any other type.
  16. ARCHIVED-Seertam Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    Well chronomentoring didn't work until I stopped the guard from doing anything this time. With the guard out of the way, I would do one hit then stop until the dialogue finished, then repeated - twice was enough to complete. On the priest she had dot's along with her wards and heals which did it easily.
  17. ARCHIVED-Melfius Guest

Mentored down from 92 to 50, turned off EVERYTHING, and stopped the guard from doing anything. Did one hit, let him do his thing, then STILL DIED.

I am NOT HAPPY.

Now I have tried it at FIFTH LEVEL and STILL DIED. I give up.

FIX THIS!!!
  18. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

I did him today on my paladin..no problem, what so ever. no death, not even a near death. heck he barely hurt me.
    I simply took of my weapons, and pummeled him with my fists. and yes, I did it at 92, no mentoring.
    when he'd start his buff, I turned auto off. and even if he was using my own damage..I'm only hitting him for like 20 pts a swing.
    mighta taken me a good 5 minutes to kill him...but no issues at all.
  19. ARCHIVED-Seertam Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Interesting Rainmare. It sure didn't work for me like that yesterday and I used my fists - nothing equipped and I kept stopping the fighting when the script came up. Dead, Dead and Dead. :(
    It was the guard who was the problem with the deaths - we have to stop them as well or their damage is reflected on us. Hence I didn't allow the guard to participate at all and it was fine then. With every class we need to check off all the variables like poisons, dot's etc and counteract those as well.
    Like I said my mystic did it easily but then again she is a pure healer and takes forever to kill anything anyway :)
  20. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

I did similar to Rainmare with my Paladin last night, but I took off the single and group damage procs and timed my attacks, stopping when I saw the dialog/graphics by hitting F1 to target myself. Stonewall and my ward kept me alive and I healed, but my timing with the emote was always juuust off. After two deaths, I stopped attacking, let the help do it all, just taunting him. I survived his attack, and when he was in 27% or so I burned him down to where he'd start dialog and stop fighting.
    I think it's mentioned somewhere in this thread, but even if you hit F1 to take yourself off target as soon as the dialog is said and the swirling blades appear, damage is still being counted against you. It's like if you have something that dotted or has a long duration of a few seconds which hit just as the dialog/graphic appear, that's added against you and pow.